Warhammer 40K

Mater Academy Gaming Organization

Moderators: Ozymandius, Dwraith

CosmoKhan
I really like Roleplaying

Warhammer 40K

Postby CosmoKhan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:17 pm

How many of you guys are interested in starting to play Warhammer 40K next school year in MAGO? personally, i would love to, but i doubt most of you are able due to the expenses required by the game, but it can be loads of fun.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40K/default.htm
official site.

im starting up an Ork army, already have a couple figures painted up.
Kids in the back seat cause Accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause Kids.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:41 pm

Uh, this might sound a little obvious, but why not just buy a couple of figures for Dungeons and Dragons and use them as your squads in Warhammer? Or get the Heroes of Battle book or Minatures Handbook and use the DnD massive battle rules to fight each other?
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

CosmoKhan

Postby CosmoKhan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:18 pm

Ozymandius wrote:Uh, this might sound a little obvious, but why not just buy a couple of figures for Dungeons and Dragons and use them as your squads in Warhammer? Or get the Heroes of Battle book or Minatures Handbook and use the DnD massive battle rules to fight each other?

I was thinking of that, but it would be Very confusing. plus, representing a model like a Space Marine with a Dwarf Warrior, or a elven archer would look preety weird. dont ya think?
Kids in the back seat cause Accidents.

Accidents in the back seat cause Kids.

elven gangster
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Postby elven gangster » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:10 pm

i am sort of interested but i cant find any good info on the actual gameplay. can u give me some?
|Through war we will teach your heresy|
|Through battle we will teach your frailty|
|Through death we will teach your fate...|
"Look for the signs, the Keepers of the Flame
They will lead you to war, and perhaps, to victory"

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:21 pm

Heh, playing warhammer will change you guys...totally. I remember sitting next to them in Wizards while they wined over range of a pulse cannon and if the space marines could hit it with a grenade or not.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Kyle81

Postby Kyle81 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:26 am

We have an active 40K community a bit north that plays currently almost every sunday at Tates gaming in Lauderhill: http://www.tatescomics.com/gaming/index.html

Most of us have been playing for a long time now and we have recently started getting active again at the new Tate's location and we are growing.

The Generations gaming group is full of Warhammer players in Broward and some in Dade: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/GenerationsGaming/

Return to “M.A.G.O.”