The End Game: merger, disband, or recruit?

World of Warcraft the current MMoRPG from Blizzard
TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying

The End Game: merger, disband, or recruit?

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:08 pm

I will post my thoughts and I would like folks to input anything they have to add, be they additional suggestions or alternatives, flames, whatever.
PJ, please let your sister and her bf know about this as they play fairly often. Also Mario and Greg, I know you guys have some friends who play from time to time, feel free to have them read this too, as I think everyone should have say in this decision.

Ok folks, 3 of us have reached the end game level-wise (Ramon, myself, and Max is 59), and Albert already has a 60 in LUE Guild (Little Urban Elites). There are also some of use who are very close to reaching the end (PJ, Mario, and Matt Tearle are all 50+). We need to reach a decision of what were going to do guild wise. Ramon and Max have both expressed their desire to do end game content, as has Tearle. These are generally raids of 20 or 40 people, which really require organization, i.e. a guild that does these things.

I already have a level 60 on another server who does end game stuff, so it is not a huge concern for me, but I know that most of the 50+ guys want to do Molten Core, Onyxia, BWL, ZG, AQ, etc. at some point. Its where the best gear is and where the best PVE challenges are to be found. As I see it we have several options:

1) Merge our high level toons with a guild that does end game content. I think LUE would be perfect. Everyone I have ever interacted with from LUE has been nice, corteous, and professional. They do a good amount of endgame content (ZG, MC, and Ony) on a regular basis. They have not yet conquered all the end game stuff (Rag, BWL, and of course AQ), so there is also a chance to help be a part of the guild success and accomplishments. Albert has been in this guild for awhile, and obviously that seems like a natural transition for us if we want to do End game raids. We don't need need to disband IHC to merge/join LUE, as we can always keep alts in IHC just to BS with each other and have fun (as well as have our 60s help whenever needed). I have been in both large and small guilds. There are pros and cons to both. The larger guilds will have more people, thus increasing the chance that there will be someone you don't like and more formal beuracracy, but they can also be a great resource and help.

2) Merge the entire guild with another guild. This would mean the end of IHC, and is a bit drastic, but it would allow for all of us to still have all our toons on the same guild. It can be a large raid guild like LUE or it can be another smaller guild thus increasing our player base and possibly putting us in a position to become a larger raid guild down the road.

3) Try to make IHC a raiding guild and start recruiting folks. This is by far the most difficult of the four and the one that requires the most work. Many guilds on many servers try to do this and do not succeed. Not saying we won't, but it is hard to pull off.

4) Just stay in IHC as it is and not do any end game raids. Unless we can get someone to have mercy on us and invite us which is not likely in my experience.

This is by no means and inclusive list, feel free to add options as well as suggestions to the existing options.

/discuss
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:47 pm

Option one is the most favorable.

I do not like two or three because then we lose our autonomy that we have and our "personal" list of guildies.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Return to “World of Warcraft”