Saving Arcanis?

Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying

Saving Arcanis?

Postby lostpike » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:53 pm

So we now have lost both Blackmoor and LG. Is there going to be any way to save Arcanis in this format or another?
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Saving Arcanis?

Postby Peewee » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Well...

Funny you say that... we had a talk about that last night...

we are looking foward to the campaign restart...

News soon.. we hope
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:46 am

Hooray! With blackmoor dead, LFR sucking, my current regular group has gone to LA especially since we can entice players to come play with the abiliity to play a 10th level character!

the wildest tales."

David

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:41 pm

Ouch, that's going to unbalance the hell out of your game if you start that high.

Trust me, I unbalanced LA for years...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:14 pm

You can find the cert that lets you do this here http://livingarcanis.com/images/Echoes_ ... _Deeds.pdf

the wildest tales."

David

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:59 am

How about continuing on or even finishing a plotline for Arcanis instead of converting to "4.0 'too much like failed tabletop world of warcraft'"? The other campaigns died with a WHIMPER. 4.0 just plain SUCKS. I refuse to buy the SAME BOOKS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. 1st and 2nd editions lasted AT LEAST 10 YEARS EACH before 3rd edition came out.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

ParadigmPrez
Paradigm Concepts Head Cheeze

Postby ParadigmPrez » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:17 am

Hello Rob,

Well we are finishing a plot line..or should I say the main plot line, at Origins this year. I promised we would have a 6 year story arc and we are. I also made the decision that we would not convert to a new or different system in the middle because I didn't think that would be fair to the players who have been supporting us these past years.

Obviously, for those who cannot or will not be able to attend Origins, the Year Six mods will be made available on our website a couple of months later.

Best,
Henry Lopez
President
Paradigm Concepts, Inc.
http://www.paradigmconcepts.com
http://www.livingarcanis.com

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:11 am

A 4.0 campaign restart of Living Arcanis?

You have piqued my interest...

I enjoyed the hell out of the 3.5 version and I would be intrigued to see what might come out of a 4.0 version.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

ParadigmPrez
Paradigm Concepts Head Cheeze

Postby ParadigmPrez » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Let me be very clear: Arcanis will not be going 4E.

We are developing our own system to run the Shattered Empires RPG. And before anyone asks, while we hope to have it ready for Summer 2010, we do not have any previews of it nor are we prepared to discuss any of the core mechanics until it is done. This is still a "work in progress".
Henry Lopez

President

Paradigm Concepts, Inc.

http://www.paradigmconcepts.com

http://www.livingarcanis.com

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:59 pm

Either way its a restart of a system that was fun with rules that should continue to make it fun regardless of mechanics.
- Philip Slama

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:26 pm

Hooray!!!!
I'll be more than happy to try a new system. Just keep the system nice and simple...
ROLEMASTER: Great character creation and skill base, overly complicated combat system. Overly complicated Spell Point systen for powers and psionic abilities. Is the systen still in use? (Iron Crown Enterprises).
WestEnd d6: Simple character creation and combat system, but not quite ready for Arcanis (system not quite up to specs for various racial powers, psionic powers, sorcerer powers, Val powers, etc). Mayfair Games might have the rights to this system.
GURPS: Could work, using different advantage points to buy races,Val bloodlines, magical aptitude, but then would arise the question of "HOW MANY POINTS?". How cooperative would Stave Jackson be? The magic system (Spell Points for different 'level' spells and psionic abilities) is a little confusing, but definitely workable.

or we could possibly stay with 3.5

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

Postby thetrickygnome » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:34 am

I have not played Arcanis in a LONG time but I would love to play these mods from Origins when they
come out for home play jsut for the sake of finishing the campaign with my Ss'ressen ans seeing how
it all ends up. The situation with Calsestus and that bastard Valinor has me intrigued - I wonder if that
arrogant buffoon Calsestus can really redeem himself or is he too far gone to save?

I can't make Origins but hopefully those that do can tell me how it ends without spoiling the mods for
gameplay.

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:30 am

i miss playing my sharpshooter...
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:16 pm

I peeked at the events at Origins and was SHOCKED at the apls for the mods. 18th level and 21st level!!!!!I know I have fallen behind on mods, but I am just simply AMAZED. I AM Henry's FIRST CA$H paying customer. Where on the Arcanis site can I find a synopsis of the events of the last couple of years?

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:47 pm

I would not mind just advancing my character up to the minimum levels needed for these mods
and just play them out at home just to see what happens. So what if they are not reported to the
RPGA. Not all of us can make it to Origins so when these mods come out for home play if our PCs
are not to the suitable elvels then we just advance them as if we had gotten to those levels and
play them at home but not report the results to the RPGA or get points for them. At least this way
we get to experience the story and the end somewhat and are not accused of cheating by any RPGA
officials.

Return to “Living Arcanis”