Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

ParadigmPrez
Paradigm Concepts Head Cheeze

Re: Saving Arcanis?

Postby ParadigmPrez » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Hello,

As to just bumping up your character and playing Year Six, I wouldn't recommend that. Although you can technically "play" the adventures, Arcanis has always been about the story, not the combats. I highly recommend that you take the time and play at least the Hard Points you may have missed and then play Year Six. if not, it may not make much sense to you.

Just my 2 cents.

Best,
Henry Lopez
President
Paradigm Concepts, Inc.
http://www.paradigmconcepts.com
http://www.livingarcanis.com

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:43 pm

Although you can technically "play" the adventures, Arcanis has always been about the story, not the combats.

It's been tough getting Arcanis games going down here in Miami for whatever reason but I think D&D
in general down here regardless of the system has not been as played as before. I was just very
enthusiasitc about the mods due to the blurbs - they sounded absolutely epic in scale which is no doubt
the case. So yeah, I understand the emphasis on the story. When I read the blurbs I knew that each mod
up at Origins has a spectacular story behind it. I guess I just want to know what it feels like to be there
at the end.

ParadigmPrez
Paradigm Concepts Head Cheeze

Postby ParadigmPrez » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:08 pm

Hello Rene',

No one is stopping you from playing the last year of adventures, but I wanted to make sure you were aware that any "Huh" moments that result may well be because of a previous year's adventures.

However, since there are a few people who want to play Year Six, I would hazard to say that you could put together a table to play whatever you missed and then enjoy the ending properly. I mean, if you guys are interested in how it ends, it makes sense that you may be interested in how you got there as well.

Best,
Henry Lopez

President

Paradigm Concepts, Inc.

http://www.paradigmconcepts.com

http://www.livingarcanis.com

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:53 pm

I know the A-Team (Matt, Myself, Ramon and Steve) would be interested as we are all 16th and 17th level and have played everything except the last of Year 5 Hard Points.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:43 pm

The "A-Team" was only able to kick ass after they were captured, had their guns taken away from them, and were locked in a fully functional machine shop loaded with oxy-acetalene torches, welding gear, air compressors,thousands of available spare parts, and tons of scrap armor.

When did the "plan" ever "come together"?
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:15 am

You described what happened to my character in Living Arcanis on a regular basis.

What spellcaster wants +4 Caster Level?
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:56 am

Ozymandius wrote:You described what happened to my character in Living Arcanis on a regular basis.

What spellcaster wants +4 Caster Level?

LOL
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:16 pm

The best A-Team moment was in the Lavendar Way module.

We JUST get in the module and our Super-Healing Priest gets a surprise attack from two hidden monsters and in four hits they dealt him about 500 points of damage, the poor bastard only had like 100 hp.

I freaked out and all of a sudden everyone left in the party (4 of the remaining 5) got confused, as per the spell, and started beating the sh*t out of each other and the monsters.

We BARELY win and realizing we have no healer for our table anymore I stared yelling that I wanted my certed wand of Force Strike because I wasn't going in with just my dagger and guns, I wanted a boom stick that didn't have an SR component.

We beat the crap out of that module after that and when we came out our "plan had come together."

We beat it, and we never wanted to back there again!
- Philip Slama

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Ozymandius wrote: We beat it, and we never wanted to back there again!

Which was the point... the Lavander way is no place for.. well.. anyone
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Best line of that modules was from the Rogue:

Rogue: "I'm going to use my Dimension Door to cross the ravine! Grab a hold of me!"
Me: "f*ck that dude, you're crazy, I'm not touching you. Judge, if he tries to grab me I want to attack and break his grapple and if I fail that I want a Will Save vs. the Dimension Door."
Judge: "[Laughing] No problem. [Rogue] what would you like to do?"
Rogue: "Fine, if he doesn't want to come he can stay here by himself and fight the Il-huan. He's stupid!"
Me: "Sure, when I get out of this module alive we'll see who's the stupid one!"
Rogue: "I dimension door across the ravine."
Judge: "You and the rest of the party are killed as your dimension door materializes over a ravine and you fall to your deaths. Congradulations MacGyver, you are now alone on in the Lavender Way, what would you like to do?"
Me: "I'm going to use my Gaseous Form potion to get across the ravine..."
Rogue: "WHAT YOU HAD A GASEOUS FORM POTION?!?!"
Me: "Of course, how do you think I climb and do all those Strength skills?"
Rogue: "You knew that would happen with the D-Door didn't you? Didn't you!"
Me: "Yeah, when we were getting briefed they told us no teleportation magic, duh, did you fail a Listen check?"
Rogue: "So you let us go ahead with it and watch us die?"
Me: "Yeah, because the final room is right across the ravine and I didn't need you doing something stupid in there either. Besides I didn't want you to D-Door me, or did you not get that hint?"
Judge: "So....well, you're across the ravine, let me read you the following box text outside away from them."
[We walk away and then come back five minutes later.]
Judge: "Okay, so that went well, are you sure you want to tell your secret organization? You do. Okay you are now leaving the Lavender Way and you don't run into any Random encounters on your way back, congratulations, you survived!"
- Philip Slama

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:29 am

you

are

evil
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:23 am

There is no I in TEAM only ME.
- Philip Slama

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:28 am

Ozymandius wrote:There is no I in TEAM only ME.

LOL
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Living Arcanis”