Living Arcanis Adventures for Summoning 2007!

Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

I know the feeling

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:21 am

I dont know.. maybe play mods that are your APL?

What you have 15th and 16th level people playing APL 13?


I go through this all the time in LG. Mods go up to APL 12 and I get
14th and 15th level PCs sitting down and playing at APL 12, especially
with the way high level LG PCs are so damn broken. I mean what is
the point? There's no challenge in doing stuff like that.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: I know the feeling

Postby Peewee » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:24 am

thetrickygnome wrote:
I dont know.. maybe play mods that are your APL?

What you have 15th and 16th level people playing APL 13?


I go through this all the time in LG. Mods go up to APL 12 and I get
14th and 15th level PCs sitting down and playing at APL 12, especially
with the way high level LG PCs are so damn broken. I mean what is
the point? There's no challenge in doing stuff like that.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso


Very true..

I did it once.... but I was at a table filled with 10th level characters, so it was not as much of a cake walk as I expected..

But I see your point
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Postby grey » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:30 am

remember in lc how they always found a way to seperate you from your items?
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert
Image

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

Things may change

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:42 am

Well supposedly in 4th Edition, items are more for flavor but the true
power of the PCs will come from themselves and their training which I
think is great. Too often magic items become a crutch and take the
place of the PC themselves. If this is the case then I think it is great
as long as they don't make PCs too item dependant for survival.

Signed - Rene' Alfonso

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:20 pm

Ramon didn't spell turn.

We simply shut down the big bad spellcaster with our insane DC spells and elite four man table of doom:

Level 17
Level 16
Level 15
Level 9

We played APL 13 x2
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
Limlight
Regular
Regular
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:05 pm
Location: Lost in the Twilight Hall
Contact:

Postby Limlight » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:19 pm

so peter, what does an ordainer do when he gets hit by an eldritch storm, which is aoe so he cant cancel it, fail the DC 32 Fort save (he only has +14) and then only able to cast 1st and 2nd spells for the rest of the encounter?

its rough but thats how he went down, and then you have matt dropping 125 point empowered flame strikes left and right, seems to me like arcanis let too much cheese get through lol.
LC: Archmage Limlight (Wiz20!)
LG: Tarran Silverleaf (Clr18-Corellon Larethian)
LA: Solynias "Lynn" (Holy Champion of Belisarda 14)
Crane Clan Samurai * Duelist

User avatar
Griffman
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1553
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:02 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Postby Griffman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:17 pm

You can't forget the 1200 points of AoE damage that I did with a firestorm. :|]
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:58 am

Limlight wrote:its rough but thats how he went down, and then you have matt dropping 125 point empowered flame strikes left and right, seems to me like arcanis let too much cheese get through lol.


Umm thats 3.5 D&D my friend.. rods of empower are in every campaign.

Thank god they are cutting down that chease in 3.5

Also I hope all of you took some damage from that eldrich storm (one more thing when absorbing the spells, why didint the GM have him tossing his highest level spells every round.)

Like I said, if he was higher level, and played right, he would have given you all a run for the money.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:00 am

Griffman wrote:You can't forget the 1200 points of AoE damage that I did with a firestorm. :|]



And people say that 3.5 is not broken ::lol::

Funny if I had the NPCs do the same you would hear all hell brake lose from the players.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Griffman
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1553
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:02 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Postby Griffman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:23 am

Well thats funny considering it was an area of effect spell and there were twelve opponents. If there is twelve PC's on the board feel free to throw 1200 points of area effect damage our way. A matter of fact we probably got over 1.2k damage thrown at us in the last BI when like 8 empowered flame strikes got dropped on the party, followed by another 8 empowered flame strikes.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:13 am

Griffman wrote:Well thats funny considering it was an area of effect spell and there were twelve opponents. If there is twelve PC's on the board feel free to throw 1200 points of area effect damage our way. A matter of fact we probably got over 1.2k damage thrown at us in the last BI when like 8 empowered flame strikes got dropped on the party, followed by another 8 empowered flame strikes.


ya that was a BI.. not a normal mod.. you and I know that BIs the standerd rules dont apply.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:54 am

That's a dangerous slope you are sliding down Peter. Don't lose your footing. You could build busted NPCs like our characters but no one does. So who's loss is it really?
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

NPC gold vs. PC gold sucks

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:17 am

If LA uses the gold piece wealth chart per level in the DMG then I can
see why players own up on the NPCs. It's pathetic how badly they
screw over NPCs. PCs get awesome sh*t and NPCs have to try and
counter them with K-mart version crap.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: NPC gold vs. PC gold sucks

Postby Peewee » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:20 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:If LA uses the gold piece wealth chart per level in the DMG then I can see why players own up on the NPCs. It's pathetic how badly they screw over NPCs. PCs get awesome sh*t and NPCs have to try and counter them with K-mart version crap.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso


Ya we do..

also we build encounters for basline characters not super-twinks, we have been finding ways arround it (with soul-bound items) but it gets old.

Rene, still want to write a LA mod?

Pb
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Needles
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:09 pm
Location: Miami, south west side

Re: NPC gold vs. PC gold sucks

Postby Needles » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:16 pm

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:Rene, still want to write a LA mod?

Pb


The rift between Rene and Henry is so big I wouldn't even think about it. They have a great amount of dislike for each other.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.


Return to “Living Arcanis”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest