Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Working on the new LARC and...

Postby Peewee » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:30 am

Hi everyone

We are working on the new LARC (which will be the final till the end of the 6 year storyarc)

So I have a question,

What would you like to see in the LARC, which rulings do you see we may need?

I'm looking for anything we have not thought of, also anything you think we should change and make easyer...

Some of the things we are working on for the next larc

We are creating a frame work for GMs, to show them the limits of there flexability when runing a mod (What a GM can and can not do)

Lists of items that can get players in trubble (like LG has in regional mods, you get caught with item X you get Y)

GMing advice, basic NPC stats (common guard for example)

Full list of all Classes, PrCs, Feats (with book its found in)
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:54 am

Peter you are wasting too much time. Do what LG did and list Open and Closed for classes and spells and clarify the spells that are broken and their changes. No question things like the Dispel Magic Field was fucked up but you guys let it in after Ramon told you not to.

That's what you got to look for.

Who care's if the item is heretical, all you need to do for that is write that crap on the certificate and slap a % chance to get caught during each mod that increases after every module. Player has to roll it at the beginning of each module to see if they got busted.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:13 am

Ozymandius wrote:Peter you are wasting too much time. Do what LG did and list Open and Closed for classes and spells and clarify the spells that are broken and their changes. No question things like the Dispel Magic Field was fucked up but you guys let it in after Ramon told you not to.

ya thats what we are doing, we are also going to have something like this

Open Feats
Feat Name (PGtA/Pg#)

or something like that after each class, so you know where that PrC/Feat/or spell is from

The open/close list is the BEST idea LG has had in some time.

Ozymandius wrote: Who care's if the item is heretical, all you need to do for that is write that crap on the certificate and slap a % chance to get caught during each mod that increases after every module. Player has to roll it at the beginning of each module to see if they got busted.

Well thats not as easy to do as you think, some mods are already out.. we are just going to have a list of items that can get you in touble, if you are found with any of these items X.

Also we spoke to the edits team (we have a full edits team now.. yay) and they are going to make sure to look over old items and see if they fit into the mod (we also plan on making a cert/item data base for writers so they can see a list of favors and items, its cool when NPCs favors from older mods come back and help you)

There are three items in the campaign that may need some special rulings, the cloak of eyes, sword of the ages, and the Yarric Idol.. we have had some issues with all three over the last 6 months or so. (9 players so far killed because they had the cloak of eyes on.. one other guy was walking arround with the sword of the ages on his back. not even hidden, and one person lost his character at Origins when he walked into the LARP with the full curse of the Yarric Idol active as well as the cloak of eyes on his back...)

Items you can hide are easy to handal.. items that you were or change your apperance (were-rat cert for example) can have some nasty implications. The only issue with that % chance is if a player is playing smart they should be able to keep the item, the % chance takes that away from the player. this is a role-playing game not a roll-playing game.

For example, if Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, gets a hat of disguse and an amulet of non-detection and plays smart he can and will get away with keeping his Idol.. the problim with his issue is that he was walking arround and didint even cover his apperance. (Which everyone at the table will tell you I did give him tons of chances to do so.. he even said that not all cloaks have hoods and that because his cert didint say it had a hood.. he could not pull one over his head....)
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:31 pm

That's gay Peter.

I have all three of those items...well two of them, the Robe of Eyes is currently in lock down with my character's wife.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:01 pm

Ozymandius wrote:That's gay Peter.

I have all three of those items...well two of them, the Robe of Eyes is currently in lock down with my character's wife.

hay you are the one playing with a wife who has a haretical item :oP
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:06 pm

I gave her 64,000 gp for a metal whip that does con damage plus my robe of eyes that I got at Origins 2005. Don't judge me, that woman was worth it, she's a Sky Knight and I still owe her a villa when I hit 20th level.
- Philip Slama

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:11 pm

Ozymandius wrote:I gave her 64,000 gp for a metal whip that does con damage plus my robe of eyes that I got at Origins 2005. Don't judge me, that woman was worth it, she's a Sky Knight and I still owe her a villa when I hit 20th level.

Hold on.. its the robe of eyes.. or just a robe of eyes
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Living Arcanis”