Attention, about Ralphs low level character

Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

Is peter running the inquisitors (and inquisition) correctly when it comes to Ralph’s character?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:13 am

Yes, the 10 to 50 TUs is fair and the free removie curse is nice
26%
No, the inquisition would have no interest in a Heretical Item connected to one of the greatest heresies in the history of the mother church
4%
No, he should pay the gold for his remove curse
No votes
No, because the campaign should not have consequences for player actions
35%
No, because the campaign should not have consequences for player actions
35%

Total votes: 23

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:31 pm

lostpike wrote:That is a good question! Why hasnt some other PC just destroyed the dang thing to save him as a good friend. Save his Soul for Belitine and all you know....

I actually thought about using my psionic mind powers of suggestion on Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, to turn over the item to the inquisition. I ruled against it because I wasn't really sure what exactly was going on as a player or would my character even know? As far as my character was concerned Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, character looks like some freak of nature and we all know there is plenty of freaks running around in arcanis. Hell those ssethegores don't look that much differen't them him ;). They are a bunch of freaks. What about darkin?!?! They are so many different looking freaks there too.
Last edited by Thanos on Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:34 pm

So only players who knows he has it or has the knowledge of creatures of the deep would know he has it.

*Remembers this mod as it was the first mod he ever played in LA and played it with Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, wanted the idol but Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, took it*
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:18 pm

I think you will have to kill him because his character concept is totally based around that cursed item and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, will never give it up. He would rather just lose his character. That is the way I look at it anyway

WOW, Richard is the smartest of you all, he knows why I do what I do- evidently everyone else is in the dark. I play a character concept a certain way don't like it, leave the game- I don't give a f*ck.

One thing struck me that Adopho said which highlights the reality of
LA and why the line between good and evil and right and wrong is
as flimsy as wet toilet paper. He could be of LG alignment, worship
Nier, but if his god tells him "Hey that carraige is carrying a family
whose children are destined to provide great opposition to my plans
in the future. I need you to light their ass up like a sack full of
charcoal." Adoplho will promptly go over there with his LAWFUL GOOD
alignment and flame strike women, children, horses of whatever the
hell else gets in the way. Oh, and he WILL NOT lose his LAWFUL GOOD
alignment.

Here best of all both Rene and adolpho show that evil is good in arcanis because rene agrees thats how it is. therefore, if i dont ever enter a metra mod or engage an Inqusitor(which my high level has killed many) then stay out of my face and pulling up sh*t about it.
Since the Inquisition are the heretical boys- I'm going to use your logic peter, whats heretical for one is not for the other so if they got a problem dont bother me about it go kill some homeless heretical people- i'm sure that it will make them feel better since they are easier targets.

Well it looks like HERETICAL items don't even constitute mention in the latest errata. hey peter with all your bitching why didn't it happen- guess it must have slipped your mind- too bad guess I have to continue play with it. I plan to do nishurpir mods now looking as a dretch since demons are now allowed to be played as PC's, wow what stupidity that is!!!

BLESSED BE THE LARC!!!!!!

HEY PETER GUESS i HAVE TO POST THIS CERT SOMEWHAT-I am posting evrything that does not have to do with the physical transformation of my PC:

At first glance, this appears to be a crude idol that depicts Yarris, God of the Sea. Further inspection, however, reveals that the sculptor seems to have melded the typical depiction of Yarris with the features of some sort of aquatic monstrosity. The eyes look like bulbous sacks and vestigial tentacles form Yarris’ famous beard. The idol radiates a strong evil aura. Any worshipper of Yarris or val’Ossan who views it immediately feels a sense of kinship to the idol.

hey peter I can see how monica would hate this item- MORON!!!
LOOK UP DEFINITION OF "KINSHIP"

HERE SOME OTHER CRAP ON THE ITEM:
LAST LINE ON THE CERT-
This certifi cate may be traded, but only to a willing recipient. The bearer may choose to destroy the idol at any time (in which case the cert
should be voided but not destroyed). Future adventures may include special benefi ts or consequences for those who bear this item.

Where does it say you can make sh*t up peter? evidently it has benefits also not just doom and gloom like you want everyone to think

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:46 pm

lmao if you can play demons then who cares about terrors of the deep.
Last edited by Thanos on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xylona Ajani

Postby Xylona Ajani » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:47 pm

I know one character that has NO real reasion to even want him alive. Monica’s Monk, but she really has no grasp of the magnitude of the insult that idols existence has to her or her religion (she is playing a val’Ossen follower of Yarris.) In all honesty she will not do anything because she is Ralph’s friend, and she knows he will take it like a baby. .

Peter, I disagree with you completely in the way you are saying I should react. First of all, it’s my character concept and creation. I understand the basis of what a Yarris worshiper believes in, but that does not mean that I must react how you are stating. I might not know the whole story line of Arcanis, but I do believe I can run my character the way I imagine her to be like. I believe in the law of the land but I do not believe that any one should sacrifice another individual for their own gratification and/or advancement. I do believe that every action have consequences, as fit. So far Ralph’s character has not done any evil acts to anyone, in the mods I have played with his character. I agree with Richard, in that if the mod does not state to look for evil items and give a solution to it, then I do not think it right to just come up with it as part of the story line just because you know of the item. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is my friend, but that does not come into play with the story line as characters in a mod. If his character would do something against my character principles, believe me I would react like any individual would. If it means that I have to play my character based on what you are saying, then what is the point of character creation and role-playing, just give me a character all made up with storyline and ways to reactions to begin with. If that is what Arcanis is driving towards, then thanks but no thanks. What I like most of D&D is the diversity within each player.

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 pm

I just caught something...Can you cast Suggestion on another player in LA?
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with

the wildest tales."

David

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Are you f&cking serious!!!

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:06 pm

Well it looks like HERETICAL items don't even constitute mention in the latest errata. hey peter with all your bitching why didn't it happen- guess it must have slipped your mind- too bad guess I have to continue play with it. I plan to do nishurpir mods now looking as a dretch since demons are now allowed to be played as PC's, wow what stupidity that is!!!

Are you serious? I have the words to describe how this makes me
feel but I have already had a stressful day and don't need any more
piled on top of it.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Who prays he never runs into a L/G dretch paladin because then all
sense just goes flying out the window.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Are you f&cking serious!!!

Postby Peewee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:34 pm

Well it looks like HERETICAL items don't even constitute mention in the latest errata.

Umm because that was the rules update.. not the new LARC...

I see that you forgot how to read...

I guess you think Living Arcanis Rules Update = New updated LARC.

Thats ok Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, play what you want... just know that you had an easy way out. When the hammer comes down, and it will, I don't want to hear you say a thing.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:36 pm

doesn't matter official "actual" ruling, not lets write some bullshit announcement because I own 10% of the company.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:37 pm

Xylona Ajani wrote:Peter, I disagree with you completely in the way you are saying I should react. First of all, it’s my character concept and creation. I understand the basis of what a Yarris worshiper believes in, but that does not mean that I must react how you are stating. I might not know the whole story line of Arcanis, but I do believe I can run my character the way I imagine her to be like. I believe in the law of the land but I do not believe that any one should sacrifice another individual for their own gratification and/or advancement. I do believe that every action have consequences, as fit.

So far Ralph’s character has not done any evil acts to anyone, in the mods I have played with his character. I agree with Richard, in that if the mod does not state to look for evil items and give a solution to it, then I do not think it right to just come up with it as part of the story line just because you know of the item. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is my friend, but that does not come into play with the story line as characters in a mod. If his character would do something against my character principles, believe me I would react like any individual would. If it means that I have to play my character based on what you are saying, then what is the point of character creation and role-playing, just give me a character all made up with storyline and ways to reactions to begin with. If that is what Arcanis is driving towards, then thanks but no thanks. What I like most of D&D is the diversity within each player.

So are you saying that if you ever see the item in question your character will change her mind about what’s happening to Ralph’s character?

Because if that’s the problem, then well, I'm sure the next time Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is at 0hp someone can go though his stuff and find it for you.

You see I read the cert, the Idol has to be in your possession for it to effect you... no hiding the Idol for him, he has to have it on him.

Besides, once the LARC is out (not the rules update) the hammer will come down.. and I will laugh, alot.

Keep in mind one two things
1) he is turning into a creature which serves the heretical version of Yarris (your character has witnessed this) now how you can ignore that is beyond me.

2) Understand that if you ever see the idol in question you better be ready to switch on a dime. playing dumb (after clerics and inquisitors have told you he is under that curse and three PCs which have seen the item in question, and if you played the mod where is idol is from, so have you) will only get you so far.

3) Ralph’s character has admitted that he has the idol.. in character, and will not give it up... so your character knows what he has. Again ignoring that is beyond me. You understand that the Idol is a physical representation of the greatest heretical event in the history of your characters religion, right?

And Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, you say its “kinshipâ€
Last edited by Peewee on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:39 pm

you said the same thing about ramons sh*t and it took a year to come out, guess what in a year I will be more powerful.

Hey maybe I should get a DRETCH cohort- wow that would be nice then I will really piss off the authorities!!!!!!

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:49 pm

MorganWolf wrote:you said the same thing about ramons sh*t and it took a year to come out, guess what in a year I will be more powerful.

Hey maybe I should get a DRETCH cohort- wow that would be nice then I will really piss off the authorities!!!!!!

ya you can use the Dretch only in Neshanpur mods...

good one
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:50 pm

MorganWolf wrote:doesn't matter official "actual" ruling, not lets write some bullshit announcement because I own 10% of the company.

and bitch its 20% get your numbers right, and did you forget the e-mail from sean.. or do you want to say thats not "high enough" for you....

But like I said.. I'm done with this Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,.. story wise you know I was right because you have yet to take my challange....

One story rerasion why the Inquisiters would leave you alone.... ONE...

Welcome to the sh*t you do to players in blackmoor, now you are the one players want to turn in, how does it feel to be on the other side?
Last edited by Peewee on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:52 pm

ya you can use the Dretch only in Neshanpur mods...

good one

Thats ok, my DRETCH cohort is fine in nishanpur only

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:12 pm

Welcome to the sh*t you do to players in blackmoor, now you are the one players want to turn in, how does it feel to be on the other side?

OOOHHHH!!!! so thats what its all about, guess Blackmoor knows whats its doing first- don't copy them please ask for premission to use me as an example!!!

Return to “Living Arcanis”