Attention, about Ralphs low level character

Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

Is peter running the inquisitors (and inquisition) correctly when it comes to Ralph’s character?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:13 am

Yes, the 10 to 50 TUs is fair and the free removie curse is nice
6
26%
No, the inquisition would have no interest in a Heretical Item connected to one of the greatest heresies in the history of the mother church
1
4%
No, he should pay the gold for his remove curse
0
No votes
No, because the campaign should not have consequences for player actions
8
35%
No, because the campaign should not have consequences for player actions
8
35%
 
Total votes: 23

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:43 pm

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:Ok,

I have watsted too much energy on this I have been on the phone with the dev team and there will be a ruling in the LARC.

Lets just say I tried to do it the nice way... welcome to the errata club Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, its going to suck to be you...

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, I have a Quesion: In blackmoor, do you cry just as much for Sorc players?


Well lets just say the Sorcerer question in Blackmoor has been in a flux for a while. Before they threw down that you couldn't directly attack a player people used to fight each other straight up to keep a sorcerer out of the Cabal/in the Cabal's hands. It depened on who you played with. Ramon dressed up as a Sorc and lied to Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, to prevent a Sorcerer from going to jail. If you make a misteak and the person you arrest isn't a sorcerer you get a demerit with the Wizard's Cabal, three demerits and you're out.

Of course those of us who play Sorcerers, mine is an open Sorcerer, really don't give a sh*t. We walk around the modules and see who is sitting at the table, if we like the odds we simply relax and chill. Many of the modules say if you can be arrested or not. If there is no one to sign the warrant then the Arcane Warrior is screwed. I write it into my mods if you can or can't arrest a person, it keeps rules lawyering to a minimum.

But then you have the open sorcerers like mine who don't give a sh*t if you know or not, so it costs me an extra TU if I get caught, big deal, I have four characters, and the one I'm using now is a second level character. I play him for fun and to mess with people's heads.

See I decided not to engage most of the major powers in Arcanis because wierd sh*t will happen and someone will drop a hammer on you. Most of the time hedge your bets, if you know you can get away with it then go for it, but if you're uncertain then don't f*ck with them; it's not worth the time or the 25,000gp to "cleanse your soul."
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
Thanos
I have no life
I have no life
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:39 pm

Re: This is ridiculous

Postby Thanos » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:53 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:The Inquisition is trained to spot ANY sign of heresy, be it a magical
item, a physical mark, ect. So they saw Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, all disfiguired and they
knew that he had the mark of heresy on him. So I COMPLETELY
understand why they went after him and will continue to do so if they
catch him.
Signed- Rene' Alfonso


I think the whole situation boils down to what you say above.

So they see Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,


After that the whole situation starts to get into uncharted territory and It becomes a problem because the DM has to make things up and ask himself some questions since it wasn't in the mod.



1. Are Koa-toans(what Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, looks like) considered heretical. ( I honestly don't know, they are evil and maybe shunned but like you say evil is all over in LA, so i would have to by default and say no cause I don't know)

If yes Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is in trouble.



if you answer no then you have to ask



what is the knowledge roll to know about the artifact and being under its effect(to be quite honest with you I am not qualified to answer that)



so lets say you came up with a knowledge religion of 20 to know about it.



so now we are making up stats for unstated NPCs and rolling dice for them



I am just going to stop here because the whole situation is going to snowball out of control after here but I think you get my point.



Hour or so later after combat and many arguments and hurt feelings nothing was decided.

The simplest solution would have been to just ignore Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s appearance and continue with the mod(which peter did after the combat) or just say outright you have been arrested and you rot in jail for 50 TUs(which could seem unfair).



It is a hard thing to rule on so I think the LA campaign staff is doing the right thing by putting it into the Lark. Less of a gray area now.

User avatar
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Postby grey » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:12 pm

Welcome to Living Rules Lawyering. Where you get to sit around and listen to people argue about the rules for 30 mins before you get to roll dice. :lol:

Though just be happy you didn't have Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, Bear, Scott and Rene Hidalgo at a table together.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert
Image

User avatar
MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 813
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:45 pm

lets not forget Ramon please, he has to have his due.

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:08 pm

But the problem here is that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s Rules Lawyering Fu was weak...

He was defeated.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Postby grey » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:45 pm

MorganWolf wrote:lets not forget Ramon please, he has to have his due.

WOW I forgot. oh and lets add chris penderson to that table.

OMG just hand me the knife now so I can slit my wrists. Even thinking about that table makeup is suicidal.

And then we could have Mario or Jose gm the table.
or better yet we'll take Rene Hidalgo out and then add in Jose.

So a LA table of the following people.
Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,
Bear
Scott
Ramon
Mario
Jose
Chris
with Mario judging.

Anyone want to place bets on how many hours it would take them to finish the module?
Or should they just make the 1 table a convention because it would take them 72 hours to finish 1 mod? :lol:
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert
Image

User avatar
Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 1044
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:54 pm
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis
Location: Miami, where the 31337'5 live
Contact:

Postby Dwraith » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:02 pm

I would say 2 mins, because the moment it became an upheaval of arguing, i would make a ruling and thats that. Judge has final call at a table, no one can override him, not even campaign members (learn this lessen when Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, ran us in a game of Blackmoor and screwed the table.)
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: This is ridiculous

Postby Peewee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:12 pm

Thanos wrote: 1. Are Koa-toans(what Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, looks like) considered heretical. ( I honestly don't know, they are evil and maybe shunned but like you say evil is all over in LA, so i would have to by default and say no cause I don't know)

If yes Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is in trouble.


He is not turning into a Koa-toan; that’s what he likes to think, he is turning into a Terror of the Deep.. You faced them, remember the real alien looking guys? They are all clerics of the heretical aspect of Yarris. (Which some people have been able to figure out what that really is)

The players who have played “The Deepest Depthsâ€
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:26 pm

MorganWolf wrote:lets not forget Ramon please, he has to have his due.


Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,... even with my challenge that’s all you can post?

Ramon? Lets see... is this the same Ramon has been attacked three times by harvesters and we set him up at the LARP, I have to say he has been getting his fair share of attention.

Ramon, did you like getting pulled out of an interactive to get jumped by Harvesters? And have the “hawk agentâ€
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
The Heretic
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1044
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:31 am

Postby The Heretic » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:23 pm

Time for me to chime in.

This is Arcanis.

No consequence for player actions? What the f*ck!!!!

This is a dark world of every shade from pure white to Black!

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, here goes the list.

You have an idol recognized as belonging to a heretical school of thought.

The world is at a breaking point (as usual)

There is an Inquisition!
Inquisition is not there to understand or make you see their way. They exist to ensure that everyone toes a line or they DIE!

So it’s really quite simple. Either give up the idol or die. If you played in a group of power gamers with utter disregard for the flavor of the world, in which it was only important to just get the certs and get more crunchy powers it would be all good.

But that’s not the way it is. Peter pays attention to the flavor of the world, Hell according to some people that’s all I am. In my case my character is a holy champion. The only parallel I can make s my character is a way more debaucherous version of the guy from DaVinci Code. This guy would burn a busload of children for his church if asked to. Burning you especially after playing the Metra mods is imperative to him. You are a blasphemy. It’s not personal. I am not in this you and Peter who’s DnD dick is bigger thing. I like you Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, but it’s the game, and that’s all it is, a game.

Play the Metra mods, don’t play the Metra mods. You are a big boy you decide. This is a bullet you can choose to avoid since it is only an imaginary bullet.
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

User avatar
The Heretic
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1044
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:31 am

Postby The Heretic » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:25 pm

grey wrote:So a LA table of the following people.
Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,
Bear
Scott
Ramon
Mario
Jose
Chris
with Mario judging.

Anyone want to place bets on how many hours it would take them to finish the module?
Or should they just make the 1 table a convention because it would take them 72 hours to finish 1 mod? :lol:



15 hours per encounter
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

Hypocrisy

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:42 pm

Oh one more thing… who are the people voting that the campaign should not take character actions into account? What’s the point? if you want your actions to count and change the world you have to have your actions also bite you in the ass, you can’t have your cake and eat it too…


Gee I hate to bring LG into this but Peter is so absolutely right in this
phrase. People have been bitching to the Triad for eternity that there
actions don't change anything and that is not fair. It is one of the main
reasons that I have been told that LG is essentially a shithole to alot of
people. Now here comes LA where the reverse is true - the stuff you
do not only matters and changes things but it changes things on any
manner size scale, large or small. Despite this, there are still people
who are now bitching that actions in LA SHOULD NOT count and change
the world. I would really like to know who these poeple are and find it if
they are the same people who complain about NOT ENOUGH change
in LG due to PC actions because if you fall in this category then you
are a two-faced hypocrite bastard. I am not going to name names but
I laid out the terms so if you fall into this category then all your
complaining is bullshit.

One thing struck me that Adopho said which highlights the reality of
LA and why the line between good and evil and right and wrong is
as flimsy as wet toilet paper. He could be of LG alignment, worship
Nier, but if his god tells him "Hey that carraige is carrying a family
whose children are destined to provide great opposition to my plans
in the future. I need you to light their ass up like a sack full of
charcoal." Adoplho will promptly go over there with his LAWFUL GOOD
alignment and flame strike women, children, horses of whatever the
hell else gets in the way. Oh, and he WILL NOT lose his LAWFUL GOOD
alignment.

Yeah. So much for being one of the good guys. Hey, how's that working
for Felician Val'Mehan? Oops sorry.

Like I've said before - LA screams for PVP like a skinny virgin girl does
when she's getting slammed for the first time by the 250 lb. star
linebacker but you bring it in and you will have so many irate players
and poisonous reaction to PCs and items being killed or destroyed that
you will go deaf. So just look our for yourselves, have fun playing but
understand that if you try to take the nice route, sooner or later a
fellow PC or NPC who does not see things your way will be handing you
a jar of Vaseline and saying " Sorry but you should've seen it coming."
and then give you a world of hurting just for being so naive.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

User avatar
Thanos
I have no life
I have no life
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:39 pm

Re: This is ridiculous

Postby Thanos » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:46 pm

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:
Thanos wrote: 1. Are Koa-toans(what Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, looks like) considered heretical. ( I honestly don't know, they are evil and maybe shunned but like you say evil is all over in LA, so i would have to by default and say no cause I don't know)

If yes Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is in trouble.


He is not turning into a Koa-toan; that’s what he likes to think, he is turning into a Terror of the Deep.. You faced them, remember the real alien looking guys? They are all clerics of the heretical aspect of Yarris. (Which some people have been able to figure out what that really is)

The players who have played “The Deepest Depthsâ€

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

Running on borrowed time

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:16 pm

heh I actually voted that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, should burn with Nier. That is the only way I see this ending. I think you will have to kill him because his character concept is totally based around that cursed item and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, will never give it up. He would rather just lose his character. That is the way I look at it anyway


All this needs is an official campaign announcement and at that point
Ralphs decision of whether to fight it or not is a moot point. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,
doesn't care about the negatives of the item because of the positives.
I think he will lose his character also. I also would NEVER have based
my character on a cursed item. The exception to me back in the day
MAY have been Fleshripper but only because you are kinda forced to
use the weapon due to its curse so taking W.F. longsword feat and
longsword related feats made sense. As long as you give Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, an
olive branch and say "Look, you can take this minor hit and be rid of
it or prepare for something far worse." I beleive the olive branch was
extended and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, slapped it away. What happens after that is up to
him. I will say one thing however. If my PC is ever harmed merely
through associating with his cursed PC, I will destroy the God damned
thing myself.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

User avatar
lostpike
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:19 pm
Contact:

Postby lostpike » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:26 pm

That is a good question! Why hasnt some other PC just destroyed the dang thing to save him as a good friend. Save his Soul for Belitine and all you know....
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."
____________________________________
David


Return to “Living Arcanis”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest