Attention, about Ralphs low level character

Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

Is peter running the inquisitors (and inquisition) correctly when it comes to Ralph’s character?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:13 am

Yes, the 10 to 50 TUs is fair and the free removie curse is nice
6
26%
No, the inquisition would have no interest in a Heretical Item connected to one of the greatest heresies in the history of the mother church
1
4%
No, he should pay the gold for his remove curse
0
No votes
No, because the campaign should not have consequences for player actions
8
35%
No, because the campaign should not have consequences for player actions
8
35%
 
Total votes: 23

User avatar
MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 813
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby MorganWolf » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:35 pm

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I laugh at your efforts and have shown that even my low-low level guy can make peter have fear in his heart- aw aw aw!!

wow no other character expect p.j's HIGH level has caused this much effort by the arcanis campaign-
GOD IT ALMOST MAKES ME CRY!!!

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:42 pm

[quote="MorganWolf"] I laugh at your efforts and ......[quote]

It's not an effort... not at all…

You just implied that you would play the mod you missed this weekend with another group, and when I said I wanted to be there, you laughed and said I would not know GM or when you would play it. You know, that kind of sounds like cheating to me.

When a member of the campaign staff (and one of the owners of the company that owns the campaign) tells you that he has be at the table for a campaign issue, and you imply that you will not tell that campaign staff member when the game will be run and by who… sounds fishy to me. You would NEVER try that sh*t with Rene and you would have never tried that crap with Sherwood in the LC days, it’s a lack of respect that really bothered me.

Anyways this Sunday we may not be playing the last Metra mod, I think fito may be eating a mod based in a new IK region (Atria) I may be posting what’s going on this Sunday.

Now Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, can chicken out and just not play that character ever again, because if he thinks staying out of Metra keeps him safe from the inquisition, he is fooling himself.

Oh, one more thing... you have to start worrying about the people you adventure with now more than the NPCs. I can now count on two hands the number of people ready to turn you over to the inquisition (and I know of 1 person ready to lose his/her character to kill you… because its completely in character to do so)

Remember there is a difference between Cursed and Heretical, you chose an item that changes your appearance. An evil aura can be explained away (I’m evil, so what… It’s not like I’m that freak over there with the buggy eyes who worships the heretical version of Yarris!)

Also remember it was the Legion in Metra that offered the free remove curse, go someplace else… and well, let’s say it may not be all that much fun for you.

P.S.
Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, doesn’t compare yourself to PJ, his character may be dancing the line of good and evil, but he is smart about it, unlike you... PJ would never be dumb enough to carry a heretical (not just cursed... it’s Heretical, please look up the word) item in the first place.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
lostpike
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:19 pm
Contact:

Postby lostpike » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:54 pm

I know the item you are talking about but why is he in trouble for having it?
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."
____________________________________
David

User avatar
MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 813
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby MorganWolf » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:11 pm

Peter- kiss my ass!!!
ABUSE YOUR POWER ELSEWHERE-
now my spot is open to whoever wants it I will play LA elsewhere- good luck. seems you can't handle campaign roleplaying -too bad I can't have the dagger of yig it would have made me the walking heretical temple.

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:09 pm

MorganWolf wrote:Peter- kiss my ass!!!
ABUSE YOUR POWER ELSEWHERE-
now my spot is open to whoever wants it I will play LA elsewhere- good luck. seems you can't handle campaign roleplaying -too bad I can't have the dagger of yig it would have made me the walking heretical temple.


If this is about anything its all about ROLEPLAYING

I guess you forgot one part about role-playing.... its a two way road, the GM has to role-play the NPCs.

I asked you to give me one (1) good reason why an Inquisitor would let you keep the Yarric Idal. Just asking for one...

The dagger of yig is not even connected to the Mother Church; yes they don't like the item. But it’s not an affront to their religion.

I know the item you are talking about but why is he in trouble for having it?


Because it’s changing the way he looks to the point that it’s visible, instead of hiding the way he looks, he walked into a city witch hosts the Legion attached to the Inquisition. At the start of the mod, you meet one of the most powerful people in the Inquisition, a man known for his ruthlessness…

How do you expect me to stay true to the character of the NPC and not react to Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,?

Again Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, I challenge you to post a good reason why that NPC would not want to burn you at the stake… remember it has nothing to do with your character, but everything to do with the NPC and his outlook.

1) You are carrying an idol with changes the way you look, and you are starting to look like a horror of the deep… a creature which has been tied to the Yarric Heresy.

2) The item you have in your possession (read the cert it needs to be in your possession for you to advance in it’s abilities)

3) The Idol is tied to one of the greatest Heresies in the history of the Mother Church.

Here is the official challenge, if you (or anyone else on LC.net) can give me a solid reason why the Inquisition would not want to take that idol from you.. I will use it in game and you will get away with it...

You know why I'm issuing this challenge, because you can't come up with one... and you know it
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Griffman
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1553
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:02 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Postby Griffman » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:46 am

So what you're saying Pete is that I can get a favor with the Inquisition if I kill his low level PC. :wink:
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:50 am

Griffman wrote:So what you're saying Pete is that I can get a favor with the Inquisition if I kill his low level PC. :wink:


Well they will try and save his soul first... by taking the idol, braking it, and removing the curse on him.

I wish I could gave favors of the inquisition for helping other PCs.. that would kick ass

P.S.:
How many people want to bet that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, (or anyone else for that matter) can NOT come up with a good reasion (story wise) that the Inquisition would let Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, off the hook...
Last edited by Peewee on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Postby grey » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:03 am

Griffman wrote:So what you're saying Pete is that I can get a favor with the Inquisition if I kill his low level PC. :wink:


No no Matt.... not kill..
Cleanse his soul clean with the beautiful purifying fires of Nier. There's a difference. :wink:
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert
Image

User avatar
Thanos
I have no life
I have no life
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:39 pm

Postby Thanos » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:41 am

My big problem with this whole fishing expedition to catch Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s character is the fact that last time when peter decided to go after him he made up a lot of extra information that wasn't in the mod. For instant he had a 16 level inquisitor and 4 10th level Templar's that were not stat-ted out. When initiative was rolled Peter was pulling spells and skills out of the players handbook as he needed them. I don't know how the rest of you feel about that but i would love to play my cleric as a spontaneous spell-caster with every spell in the players handbook.

I don't believe Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, shouldn't be punished but having DMs make up their own encounters and NPCs is a slippery slope to destruction. There has to be some other mechanism in place. If I DM a mod and the NPCs aren't stat-ted out sorry they will never enter combat nor will I go out of my way to search for evil items unless the mod specifically states that is what they do. If the mod states they look for evil or heretical items then it has a mechanism in place to deal with it without DM making things up. If not Raph gets away for another day but sooner or later a mod may come up that an author is specifically looking for that item or items like it.

Here is an example. Joe paladin comes up to party and asks the players to come see the head Priest of his religion. Player A is evil. Unless the mod states the pally detects evil when he approaches the party its not in the DM prerogative to do that. If the mod states he detects evil then the author put in a mechanism to deal with evil players. If not as a DM its not your job to go fishing.

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:24 am

Heh, Richard, not to be petty but I believe you haven't been inducted into the "roleplaying" aspect of Living Arcanis as several of us have. I was forced to drop 25,000gp to have my "soul cleansed" before I could serve the Mother Church because I had LIED to them three years earlier. I tried to work for them at a Social Interactive and they made me pay the price, with added compounded interest of course.

The roleplaying aspect to this game can get complex, and while Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, did run off with a heretical item the following specific issues surrounding the incident should be taken into account. Is the item heretical, is the item an artifact, is the item magical in any way, did the Inquisitor/Inquisition know that the Yarric Cult was worshiping in the area, were you asked to discover this by the Mother Church.

If you answer yes to any of the following then Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is in deep trouble.

It would mean that the Mother Church and the Inquisition knew that something was going on at the time. Which means they have sufficient reason to investigate the players.

But of course the correct action would have been to stash the item somewhere else, or in a lead lined box, and then told the inquisition that the item was no longer in your possession (technically this is not a lie since you do not have the item on your person and it could not be possesed by you at the time of questioning, getting around Zones of Truth are easy).

Of course why would Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, take a heretical item? Was it certed? If you answer yes then Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is a certificate whore. If you answer no, then Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is stupid.

Either way I WIN.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

This is ridiculous

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:54 am

Richard, you're a smart guy so you should understand me. The
Inquisitions job, almost specifically involves two things - 1) upholding
the tenets of the Mother Church and 2) crushing anyone or anything
that makes the Mother Church or it's tenets look bad.

I might also add that they serve to cover up the truth but they would
never tell you that. ;)

The Inquisition, by definition and description in countless mods and
books has been described as fanatical zealots / extremists. I played
one mod where a "Good aligned" hard core adherent to the Mother
Church grabbed a guy who they deemed a heretic because he was
not in line with the Mother Church, beat him unmercifully, cut off his
hands, and crammed him into a birdcage-like box and hung him on a
tree branch, leaving him to die. And he was good aligned - which is
why basing anything on good and evil in LA is ridiculous because those
old shchool views of good and evil flewout the window a long time ago
in LA ( which people who know me know it troubles me sometimes. )
The Inquisition is trained to spot ANY sign of heresy, be it a magical
item, a physical mark, ect. So they saw Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, all disfiguired and they
knew that he had the mark of heresy on him. So I COMPLETELY
understand why they went after him and will continue to do so if they
catch him.

Now I will say this. I think it's bullshit to go after Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, beyond the
context of the mod. However, as I told him on the phone yesterday,
he'd better hide himself REALLY well because if he plays a mod in a
place where the Inquisition has heavy influence, or where an
Inquisitor or someone working for the Inquisitors sees him or Coryan
( because the Inquisition is all over the place in Coryan ) then there is
a good chance he will get caught if he is not careful. Also, if a player
has a cert that earns them favor for the Inquistion for turning him in,
a P-Class that that deals with Inquisitors or the ardent adherence to
the Mother Church or gets approached by an Inquisitor who says,
"If you catch any signs of possible heresy then let us know and we
will reward you." and turn him in or rat him out just to get whatever
they offer then I totally agree with a player doing it. If however, the
player has no reason to turn him in, does not know in game he has
this effect, and the mod has nothing to do with the Mother Church or
the Inquisition then who cares. Players shouldn't do it just to be a
dick about it.

Anyways, like I said before people. Good and evil, right and wrong in
LA is just one big blur in my opinion. Trust yourself and no one else.
Roll like that and you should be okay. I love laying the beatdown on
stuff in LA and they tell great stories but I stopped trying to understand
the nature of morals and ethics in La the day Calsestus drove a
gladius into perhaps the one good man left on the entire face of Onara,
Felician Val'Mehan.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

User avatar
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Postby grey » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:02 am

hmmm.... pretty soon ralphs pc is going to be the on the inquisitions most wanted list. If he isn't on there already.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert
Image

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:13 pm

Ok,

I have watsted too much energy on this I have been on the phone with the dev team and there will be a ruling in the LARC.

Lets just say I tried to do it the nice way... welcome to the errata club Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, its going to suck to be you...

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, I have a Quesion: In blackmoor, do you cry just as much for Sorc players?
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Thanos
I have no life
I have no life
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:39 pm

Postby Thanos » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:31 pm

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:
Thanos wrote:My big problem with this whole fishing expedition to catch Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s character is the fact that last time when peter decided to go after him he made up a lot of extra information that wasn't in the mod. For instant he had a 16 level inquisitor and 4 10th level Templar's that were not stat-ted out. When initiative was rolled Peter was pulling spells and skills out of the player’s handbook as he needed them. I don't know how the rest of you feel about that but i would love to play my cleric as a spontaneous spell-caster with every spell in the players handbook…


In some ways you are right, but in some ways you are very wrong…
I as the GM must role-play the NPCs to the best of my abilities… am we both on board with that?

Now here is the description for the NPC you all meet…

Sertorius val’Assante (he will introduce himself as such to those that never met him), nephew of the infamous Inqusitior-General of Legio Lex Talionis, Sertorius val’Assante also serves the Mother Church’s Inquisition. He is psionically active and is considered a prodigy within Inquisition circles. Sertorius seeks to use Eppion as a stepping stone to spread the Mother Church to other parts of the League and crush all heretics along that path.


Read that last line again…. “crush all heretics along that path.â€
Last edited by Thanos on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:39 pm

I am not saying Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, shouldn't have been punished but I don't think you should be making up stats for NPCs.

Here is what I would have done.

Player A your character is arrested and you are removed from the adventure and there maybe some other ramification in the future depending what the campaign staff decides. End of story. No rolling! no nothing! Your not making things up and not wasting the other 5 players time for an hour to resolve the issue. If player A has a problem with that then tell them to dispute it to the campaign staff but as a GM that was your call and if campaign staff overrides you the player can make the adventure up at some point.

Here is another way to Handel it if you want to be more fair about it. Player A you just got the notice of a very powerful inquisitor and 4 powerful Templar's. They have surrounded you. Do you have any means of escape? Players A says yes I can teleport. You say ok we are going to roll initive if you win you escape if I win you are arrested and removed from the adventure. Lets say the players says "I have a fly spell or I can cast invisibility." You say "sorry that won't be good enough. These NPCs are much much higher level then you and you won't get away do you have any favors of the inquisitions to get out of them arresting you?"
The whole point is to avoid wasting time or making up stats or even rolling if you have too.


You know what,

you are 100% right, ty.....

and what the hell, I deleted my old post by misteak.. oh no.. I edited it by misteak!!!!!!!!

Ahhhh!!!
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson


Return to “Living Arcanis”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest