Attention, about Ralphs low level character

Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

Is peter running the inquisitors (and inquisition) correctly when it comes to Ralph’s character?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:13 am

Yes, the 10 to 50 TUs is fair and the free removie curse is nice
26%
No, the inquisition would have no interest in a Heretical Item connected to one of the greatest heresies in the history of the mother church
4%
No, he should pay the gold for his remove curse
No votes
No, because the campaign should not have consequences for player actions
35%
No, because the campaign should not have consequences for player actions
35%

Total votes: 23

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Attention, about Ralphs low level character

Postby Peewee » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:05 am

Hi everyone

This is a genral annocument for all LA players and GMs...

If you are going to GM any mod for ralphs low level character you need to contact me off list or by phone... if there are Inquisiters in the adventure you need to contact as well (as I will have to be at the event being run)

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, has opted to not play the Metra mods, so the easy way for him to be "fixed" seems off the table.

Things may be getting a LOT worse for him.

Again and and all LA GMs who are running ralphs low level character need to contact me off list.

Thank you
Last edited by Peewee on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:24 am

I'm afraid peter seems to think that GM's can't run their own mods so no-one is obligated to call him under any circumstances. Until there is an official announcement to the entire campaign about any heretical items, then the GM's should run the mods just like the adventure entails not like the nazi's method of doing rectum exams for heretical item cavity searches- thats just utterly ridiculus and targeting players for choosing to play their characters according to what the campaign has offered them in cursed stuff ,which why offer it then if they plan to "GUT" characters for providing them with CERT hooks to roleplay them.

Peter is just angry that he has to go out of his way to catch Plissken and do away with an item that takes like a 25-30 on a knowledge religion check to even know what it is and thats if you can see it which noones does. the effect the thing does to me is another matter completely, that check should be even higher as it is very rare to know.

Inquisiters in mods should be played as the mod entails again it is following standard scenario play and doing things that the module doesn't entail means module alteration so Peter don't tell people how to run the mods they run let them run it as the module says it is to be run. As I said until there is an official document in all scenarios concerning hereticals items- DON'T BOTHER ME WITH TRIVIAL sh*t!!!! :|]

p.s. HEY ALBERT REMEMBER THE BULLSHIT PETER PULLED ON US WHEN WE WERE THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX AND MADE YOU QUIT THE MOD BECAUSE HE TOLD RAMON TO THROW AN UNTIERED ASSASSINATION TEAM THAT WASN'T EVEN IN THE MOD AT A OUTLAND GAMEDAY WE HAD, WE WASTED AT LEAST AN HOUR DOING THAT BULLSHIT COMBAT.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:42 am

Yeah, so Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, you can't play the Metra modules huh? Guess you suck at playing evil, heh.

P.S. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s high level is in the Emerald Society.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:42 am

Ok Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, here is the e-mail I got from sean....

The solution of having him arrested and lose 10 TU while he is "purified" of the curse seems like the right solution to me. He keeps his character but understands that choices do have consequences. In the face of everything he has been told, to walk back into the same situation a second time is begging to have something done to him. Actually the penalty should be more like 50 TU as it would take them a while to torture... I mean, interrogate him thoroughly.

Talk to you later --

Sean

That's from the convention coordinator... and remember I'm one of the OWERS of the Living Arcanis campaign Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,.. did you forget who the hell you are talking to?

OFFICAL CAMPAIGN ANNOUCMENT FOR MIAMI CREW

Contact me if you run any LA game for his low level character....

You have an issue, with this announcement please contact Sean, Henry, and CC me…

Nuff said, thank you…
Last edited by Peewee on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

One More Thing

Postby Peewee » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:23 am

Ok I wanted to show you something Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, this is in every LA mod

GM Information
Some of the text in this scenario is written so that you may present it as written to the players, while other text is for your eyes only. Text for the players will be in bold italics. It is strongly recommended that you paraphrase the player text, instead of reading it aloud, as some of the text is general and must be adapted to the specific situation or to actions of the player characters.

Humm read that last line again, here let me pull it out for you...

specific situation or to actions of the player characters

Now, let me note, the item you have on you has an implied risk, you, the player, know what that item is…

You have PCs that know what the item is (we played the mod) and we know you have it, no need to roll a knowledge religion check when you played the adventure and took the extra TUs to see what the hell the item did. BTW: Those characters are willing to turn you over to the Inquisition.

Living Arcanis was built upon the following line “Actions have Consequencesâ€
Last edited by Peewee on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:24 am

Damn the Arcanis Inquisition dropped the hammer on you Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,. Welcome to the Eratta club.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:27 am

Yes I remember that table. and it was horrible.
I just walked away from it i was done.

however looks like you're gonna be doing "Inquisitors gone wild".

Scheiße at it's best. I think you're characters going to learn that fist can both be a noun and a verb. :o

Just turn yourself in Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,.

Be cleansed by the fires of Nier.

Btw Peter I would like to volunteer my low level character to help with the purification. Maybe even Matt would volunteer. :wink:
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

Well that's good enough for me

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:47 pm

I think I've read enough. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, turn yourself in and get that item
removed from you. Besides if you are a true Black Talon ( who has
not become jaded like me by seeing too many things that don't add
up or taken A Wrong Turn At Coryan ) then you should still be loyal
to the Black Talons, The Fire Dragon / Kassegore, and even the
Matriarch ( although there is a wrongness about her that I can't
put my finger on but maybe it has something to do with her being
suddenly young agian, professing the ways of Yig, and wanting to
move to Coryan - what a bitch ). I doubt the Black Talon would look
upon you well if you were not trying to rid yourself of this curse. At
least if you were trying then it would count for something.

I hate cursed items but they are a part of the game. You've been given
a solution to your problem. Just take it and don't make things difficult.
Inquisitors are tight assed fanatics and they don't play around with sh*t
like this. Now there is campaign documentation in place for your
situation. Just get it done man.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:58 pm

Rene are you saying that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, should take it and like it?

Living City Forums

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:28 pm

Damn right, if you get caught pay the price.

sh*t, the only reason my character is still around is that I've taken the penalties when they came down on him. sh*t, sat in a Milandir jail for 10 TUs cause the rest of the party fingered me as an assassin but a Zone of Truth aquitted me of all charges.
- Philip Slama

thetrickygnome

Not exactly

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:29 pm

Rene are you saying that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, should take it and like it?

No, what Iam saying is that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is going to take it anyways but I
know he won't like it... unless he has that fetish in which case that's
none of my business.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:01 pm

Ozymandius wrote:Damn right, if you get caught pay the price.

sh*t, the only reason my character is still around is that I've taken the penalties when they came down on him. sh*t, sat in a Milandir jail for 10 TUs cause the rest of the party fingered me as an assassin but a Zone of Truth aquitted me of all charges.

That's right PJ. If you kill the joe you make some mo!
You can't come up in this humpty dumpty and kick the cat and then ask for a refill. That's just crazy.

Living City Forums

Needles

Postby Needles » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:07 pm

That's right, just because I had the knife in my hand didn't mean I killed the man.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:24 pm

Right but if you did kill him... This is how you would of done it.

Living City Forums

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:31 pm

The rest of the party trapped me in a force cage and then told the authorities I was responsible for the murder. Only problem was I was asked to investigate the murders because I had just walked into town. So when the Zone of Truth went off I told them no I did not kill them but I know who did. And then I got max XP and the rest of the players didn't.
- Philip Slama

Return to “Living Arcanis”