Some bad news for Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,...

Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

User avatar
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Postby grey » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:54 am

Griffman wrote:Judge the heretics in the flames of Nier. Obedience without question till oblivion come.


Yes, let the fires of Nier sear the heressy from their flesh.
Might their eyes be consumed with the glorious ember glow from the virtuous flame of Nier!

I think my Judge of Nier's slogan will be, "In Nier we trust, the rest can judged in the glorious conflagration of Nier! The holocaust of heressy is nigh!"
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert
Image

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:55 am

LOL

You should come play
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Postby grey » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:06 am

I know. Maybe one of these days I'll dust off my low level.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert
Image

User avatar
Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 1044
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:54 pm
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis
Location: Miami, where the 31337'5 live
Contact:

Postby Dwraith » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:33 pm

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P1iBbBL1040"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P1iBbBL1040" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

the funny thing..

you never know when they will show up



YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!!
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

User avatar
Griffman
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1553
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:02 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Postby Griffman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:05 pm

Ozymandius wrote:You have got to be kidding me.

Remind me not to sit at a table with Matt during these types of modules. We screwed Matt once with the Inquisition and I don't need that happening again to him or to the party.


Actually Pj it was I who screwed you guys. All of you lied about the "race" of a certain protector of Milander and then I told the inquisition the truth when they talked about making him a saint. I've yet to get one disfavor the inquisition and every module with them in it I've gotten their highest favor.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:17 pm

I was thinking more of the whole "I just signed a Sarishan Oath to the Autocrat" thing more than that one. So I made a misteak with the undead, that was before I moved to Canceri and teamed up with the Inquisition.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:49 am

Griffman wrote:
Ozymandius wrote:You have got to be kidding me.

Remind me not to sit at a table with Matt during these types of modules. We screwed Matt once with the Inquisition and I don't need that happening again to him or to the party.


Actually Pj it was I who screwed you guys. All of you lied about the "race" of a certain protector of Milander and then I told the inquisition the truth when they talked about making him a saint. I've yet to get one disfavor the inquisition and every module with them in it I've gotten their highest favor.


Umm you know that the fact that he was undead was part of the miracle… he dragged himself back from the dead to protect the people who he swore to protect. He was a devote follower of Hurrian, but yet he came back from the dead, without the blessing of Neroth.

It was a classic case of seeing the forest behind the trees…

A test you failed, congrats

:lol:
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

I disagree

Postby thetrickygnome » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:26 am

Peter wrote:

Umm you know that the fact that he was undead was part of the miracle… he dragged himself back from the dead to protect the people who he swore to protect. He was a devote follower of Hurrian, but yet he came back from the dead, without the blessing of Neroth.

It was a classic case of seeing the forest behind the trees…

A test you failed, congrats



Peter, though I loathe to defend a duplicitous, conniving, and
backstabbing scummy meatbag like PJ's PC or Matt's blindly loyal
annoying, Nierite, I beleive that you above statement is wrong.

You have broken your own rule when it comes to Living Arcanis. You
have judged actions in the manner of black and white and there is no
Living camapign out there where the world is not about black and
white but rather shades of grey.

They did not fail the test. They did what either their conscience,
religion, secret society, or national interest dictated. What is right &
proper to a Neirite might be treasonous or unthinkable to a Milandisian.
What is horrid to a Coryani might be commonplace to a Canceri
( especially when dealing with undead ). The one thing about Living
Arcanis that you can rarely ever say is that one action was clearly
"right" or "wrong". In my first adventure, I was supposed to hand over
a kid to the Harvresters and walk away. My PC is one of three survivors
of a Harvester attack that caused the deaths of hundred of unborn
brother and sister Black Talons and the death of my clutch protector.
So was it right for me to kill the Harvester instead of letting him take
the kid? Was it wrong of me to have taken revenge against the
Harvester for the suffering they have caused me and also disregard
my secret orders? Living Arcanis is all about the tough decisions and
what is right and wrong can be described in one word:

Perspective

Calsestus has gone after perhaps the only two good men left in the
world. He killed one of them ( Felician Val'Mehan ) in front of my very
eyes like some macabre spectacle and put his head on the end of a
spear and on display for people to see. He then sent attacks against
the dwarves of Solanos Mor and last I heard it was so bad that Elabac
himself and a group of his trainees grabbed weapons and charged
against a group of Coryani troops. And yet today, Calsestus is held as
a hero and voice of the Mother Church in Coryan. I consider him a
monster and yet to others he is a saint.

Right... Wrong... in Living Arcanis, throw that out the window. It's
not that they didn't see the forest more than the trees or vice versa -
it is that they chose what they wanted to see and how they saw it.
In that respect, I cannot fault them.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:33 am

true

But they were asked if there was a miracle, the characters witness and hear of 2… the third was his very existence.

It’s not "right and wrong" it was a matter of fact... the characters who "turned him in because of his race" did so... Because of his race, not because of Right or Wrong.

In the end, they where blinded by their hatred for the undead, failing to see the heart and honor within the man...

BTW, he was also one of the few good men in Arcanis.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Griffman
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1553
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:02 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Postby Griffman » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:49 am

Not hatred for undead. Just for Milandisians.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:52 am

Griffman wrote:Not hatred for undead. Just for Milandisians.


Ahhh so you did it because he was a Milandisian...

But seeing it was not even your church (yet) why would you care, also have you joined the mother church with the reacceptance of Nire?
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

Then we agree to disagree

Postby thetrickygnome » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:02 am

I don't buy it Peter. As long as the waters of good and evil, right &
wrong, and the duties to country, religion, secret society, race, and
ethnicity clash as hevily and strongly as they do in Living Arcanis, the
lines between right and wrong will be forever blurred. This also
includes the choices and actions made based on these parameters.
I am not saying it is a bad thing ( it's rather annoying sometimes but
I can't necessarily say it is a bad thing ) and I cannot fault Living
Arcanis for being a very "real deal" campaign for doing it the way
they do. It is often disturbing, infuriating, and lamentable the way the
PCs allegiances are torn and tugged but it is a reflection of the real
world. In that respect, LA has done it's job and done it well.

However, you claimed their choices were wrong and again, what is
right and wrong in LA is perspective. How can you claim that they made
the wrong choice when some secret societies and religious institutions
wanted this individual to be left alone to do his good work and protect
the innocent when other religious institutions and secret societies
wanted him destroyed, regardless of the benevolence of his actions?
You have different sides telling PCs that they are right and other are
wrong for X reasons and yet you ask them to make a definiteive choice
regarding this individual and in your case, you are saying in your post
that they made the wrong.

Maybe it was wrong to you and other religious organizations or secret
societies but to others, what Matt did by ratting him out was the right
thing to do. So who is right and who is wrong? Not so clear an answer
in my book in terms of thinking LA style / environment.

And as far as Felician Val'Mehan's death, it is one of the reasons my
PC trusts no one other than himself. Calsestus is a monster in my book
but like I said, to other PCs and NPCs, he might as well be Illiir walking
the face of Onara. Sad..very, very sad.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

User avatar
The Heretic
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1044
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:31 am

Postby The Heretic » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:00 pm

And as far as Felician Val'Mehan's death, it is one of the reasons my
PC trusts no one other than himself. Calsestus is a monster in my book
but like I said, to other PCs and NPCs, he might as well be Illiir walking
the face of Onara. Sad..very, very sad.


And thats why I love Arcanis. You can't even trust your mother. The only guy you can trust is the guy who says some brokeback mountain like statement just as you are about to shadow jump to oblivion. And well him you cant trust in the shower
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

User avatar
MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 813
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby MorganWolf » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:19 pm

thats right peter, learn from your own campaign- rene is right its all a matter of perspective. just like your inqusition bullshit. the thing? that I possess does not make me murder people or commit evil or good acts, it just changes my appearance to be ugly, now I know how gnomes feel does that mean all ugly gnomes no matter how disfigured are dragged into the inquistion because they might just be heretics?
The "eye" thing I understand because that was pure evil acting out in the mod but then you guys need to figure out what to do in the campaign when you offer a bunch of supposely heretic items and don't expect PC's to grab them, maybe in LG it would work it is more "black and white" but in arcanis where the ends justifies the means don't give me this whole bullshit about doing the right thing when the world(onara) itself isn't even doing the right thing!!!!

User avatar
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Postby grey » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:31 pm

Maybe we should pass out lube at every table. So when you get screwed it's not so bad.
lol.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert
Image


Return to “Living Arcanis”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest