Peter's "No one drops at this table" build

Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:02 am

HAHAHAHAHA- now your delusional mario, your cleric couldn't even cross the street without help. I'll match your cleric to mine any day. Lets see LG cleric you have takes 3 rounds before he is any good because you don't even enter melee intil then, By round 1 with my cleric I'm already damaging opponents without swinging at them. Your cleric, this is confirmed by everyone who plays with you, you know how many times I've been told your buffing cleric asks ass because he buffs noone but himself and has to be effective 4 rounds later because otherwise he can't do sh*t till then.

you tell me where you are better- next time learn your build you might be able to be effective by round 1!!!!

Needles
Slave to this message board

Postby Needles » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:52 am

Peter, have you thought of the feat toughness and improved toughness for your character. I believe there is a feat called improved toughness in Arcanis. This might help your character survive easier.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:12 am

yup there is

Toughness 3
Imp toughness 6
and you can keep taking it for larger and larger HP increases.
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:19 pm

Needles wrote:Peter, have you thought of the feat toughness and improved toughness for your character. I believe there is a feat called improved toughness in Arcanis. This might help your character survive easier.

true, but then you lose turning ability..

But if you are willing to forget the turning crack side of the build you can drop the 16 in cha to a 10 and boost the other stats.. drop exosist and focus on priest.

Stats in that case would be like this

Str: 8
Dex: 8
Con: 14
Wis: 16
Int: 10
Cha: 10

with this modification to the build you drop the turning abilitys of the build and focus on summoning & healing feats and no need for improved toughness. Just make sure you have a turning cleric at the table.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:22 pm

ScrollMasterRob wrote:Just hope your side always goes first-before the area of effect spells or volleys of arrows/gunfire happens. Remember, KILL the spellcasters first works on both sides of the tables.

Dude I don't know how many times my LG character has not been attacked in melee...

Besides, with the right buff spells and gear.. you survive the 1st round (cloak of lesser displacement and so on)
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Needles

Postby Needles » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:30 pm

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:
Needles wrote:Peter, have you thought of the feat toughness and improved toughness for your character. I believe there is a feat called improved toughness in Arcanis. This might help your character survive easier.

true, but then you lose turning ability..

But if you are willing to forget the turning crack side of the build you can drop the 16 in cha to a 10 and boost the other stats.. drop exosist and focus on priest.

Stats in that case would be like this

Str: 8
Dex: 8
Con: 14
Wis: 16
Int: 10
Cha: 10

with this modification to the build you drop the turning abilitys of the build and focus on summoning & healing feats and no need for improved toughness. Just make sure you have a turning cleric at the table.

Make the con a 12, make the int an 8 and you have a 14 cha. You then can keep the turning feats. Your just one modifier less in cha than before.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:27 pm

Peter why are you so focused on being able to turn in LA? The majority of modules which I've played have not been undead heavy and when do have the occasional walking dead you just destroy them the old fashion way. Not the mention LA is getting in the habit of making 50d4 HD undead so they can't be turned. I've now seen those types in two modules.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:39 pm

Griffman wrote:Peter why are you so focused on being able to turn in LA? The majority of modules which I've played have not been undead heavy and when do have the occasional walking dead you just destroy them the old fashion way. Not the mention LA is getting in the habit of making 50d4 HD undead so they can't be turned. I've now seen those types in two modules.

Ok true..

But hay LG has the same crack with feats from that undead book.. you have no idea how many times I have seen undead that can't be turned in LG
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:59 pm

In LG you can commit very little character resouces to be a good turner.

Seems from what is being said here you gimp your character too much focusing on turning in LA.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:13 pm

Tru Dat.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

thetrickygnome

This is true

Postby thetrickygnome » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:32 pm

Ok true..

But hay LG has the same crack with feats from that undead book.. you have no idea how many times I have seen undead that can't be turned in LG

Peter is right about this considering that I'm one of the guilty party
responsible for those pesky undead that seem impossible to turn. In
LA, I'd worry more about Infernals, especially now that the God Wall
down. Besides Matt is right - when tunring doesn't doesn't work, lay
the old school beatdown on their knappy dead punk ass.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:03 pm

Hell, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, i have seen your cleric drop on many occasion, My cleric has yet to be knock out. Why does it take me 3 rounds to buff up, because as soon as those rounds are up, it's going down. You the kind of guy that interrupts the DM after box text say you had certain spells up when you really didn't. And to point out, i do buff people little man, Your mister i want it all for my self because i am a gready old man and don't even try to play it off. And for one round effective, i have see you're character down in one round, call that effective....
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:22 pm

hey Mario , dont delude yourself, the fight is mostly over while your buffing so dont take credit for those who do the job better than you.
the fight is mostly over by the others and you stayed back to buff so dont say your a team player. Just because you dont listen to what people are pre-buffing in an adventure dont accuse me of cheating because if that is what you are saying let me know and we can take this to a whole new level and believe me you dont want to do that.
I have to say that your a one-trick pony with that low-level fighter you got and just because you can't have that weapon since it is restricted, you gave up on doing anything with him boy I guess, anyone can call that effective since now you won't play him unless LG gives you access. Many of us told you how to get your little weapon access thru a meta-org and all you had to do was a bandit kingdom mod which by the way was at Origins as a midnite fiesta slot, but you choose LA only- guess your a one-trick pony again.
You can call me greedy all you want, but at least I can do many things with my character unlike your one-trick pony, Look you seem jealous you should really look into that as there is therapy for that - just play mods with a minimum table and you can have more certs that way or I got a better idea let maria play her character- you never give her the chance- it looks like your playing 2 guys instead- wow what a way to do the leadership feat with a cohort.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:23 pm

The Cleric's job is to heal, turn undead, buff, and then restore ability damage. It doesn't matter that you've buffed yourself for three rounds to make yorself an unstoppable killing machine if you fail to keep your big fighter in the fight or keep your wizard from expiring. Besides, turning in Arcanis is impossible-the whole of Onara is unhallowed and all the undead are turn-resistant. That's right, the interiors of every temple on Onara are considered to be unhallowed for purposes of turning undead. Even the lowliest skeleton and zombie are 30 HD creatures. Go figure.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:45 am

Yeah, while Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, may be greedy he can heal and buff. Fighting is another story and he gets demolished when a decent tank is on the table. The BI proved that. I didn't even have to break out many of my wands. I went through half a wand of Dimension Door during the BI and used only two shots on my wand of Force Strike. Didn't even get to use the Staff of Fire. The tank kept things together and I stood by him most of the combat. The Psion was another major damage dealing beast while Ramon controlled the battlefield with most of his spells and shut down the combats. Our two clerics and myself participated minimally in the melee combat and were usually too busy trying to heal the tank (or move the tank so he could be healed) or the Psion as they were getting bashed.

In a regular game Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s cleric can bank on most of the bad guys, not as good as a tank but he's like an off tank. You can count on his character to be all around, maybe a little weak in offensive cababilities but other than that it is solid. Shoot, the most damage I did in one round was 140 points on one attack and the bad guy saved for half and took only 70. I was sad but hey I put the first 70 points on the last bad guy through the gate before getting pulverized.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Return to “Living Arcanis”