Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Peter's "No one drops at this table" build

Postby Peewee » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:41 am

Ok

Before I go on.. please read the following (this includes you Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,)...

The Build I have worked up is a support build.. pure and simple, the idea of this build is to buff the party and heal like no other....

Race: Val (Bloodline: val'Ishi)
God: Beltine
Starting Stats:
Str: 8
Dex: 8
Con: 8
Wis: 16
Int: 9
Cha: 16
Bloodrank: 3

1. Priest - Domain: Afterlife, Improved Channeling (f)
2. Priest
3. Priest - Extra Turning (f)
4. Priest - +1 Bloodrank,
5. Priest - Domain: Spirit
6. Priest - Empower Channeling (f)
7. Beltinian Exorcist
8. Beltinian Exorcist - +1 Bloodrank,
9. Beltinian Exorcist - Potent Blood (f)
10. Beltinian Exorcist
11. Beltinian Exorcist
12. Beltinian Exorcist - +1 Bloodrank, Ward Against the Darkness (f)
13. Beltinian Exorcist
14. Hierophant
15. Beltinian Exorcist - Empower Spell (f)
16. Beltinian Exorcist - +1 Bloodrank,
17. Beltinian Exorcist
18. Hierophant - Quicken Spell or Craft Staff (f)
19. Hierophant
20. Hierophant - +1 Bloodrank,

Well here is the power of the class, let me brake this down for you...

The Job - Healing
The Tools -

At 1st level without taping into your spells, you will be able to speak with dead, and cast Mass Cure light Wounds 2 times a day.. at 1st level.

By 10th level you will be able to Mass Cure Light 4 times a day, be protected by a permanent death ward, and for those days you get into melee be able to go incorporeal 4 times per day (in other words you go incorporeal every fight and heal from incorporeal form)

By 16th level you will be able to Raise dead (withoit the use of a Material Component), and be able to cast a mass heal once per day. Oh wait, you also gain 1 more use of Mass Cure Light, and Incorporeal form.

But wait there is more, the above was just bloodline powers.

At 3rd level: Domain spell. Spectral Hand.. healing.. need I say more?

At 12th level with a channeling use you can cast death ward on memebers of the party at range, protecting them from Neg levels equal to your channling damage

At 13th with that level of Hierophant you can cure at range (not like its an issue seeing you are a ghost and have special hand in every combat)

Hint: This is your main job, keep track of the damage everyone takes at the table, no need to know how many HP they have left.

The Job - Turning Undead
The Tools
Priests & Clerics of Beltine turn in incorporeal undead as a cleric 2 levels highter, and corprial undead as a cleric 2 levels lower.

Afterlife domain makes you turn at +1 level, that with the feat Improved Channeling lets you turn corprial undead as a cleric 1 level higher and incorprial as a cleric +3 levels higher then normal.

Empowerd Channling gives you +50% channling damage.

Then you take levels of Beltinian Exorcist: read the class, needless to say its all about turning undead, lets you cast consecrate as a swift action, +2 to turning level, tons of extra turning.. and for some extra fun the ability to hit a target with 2d4 neg levels at 17th level (no save) its a melee touch attack, but you are a ghost.....

Also see the afterlife domain, all the spells are "smack the hell out of undead" spells.

The Job - Buffing & Support
The Tools
Do I need to show you the priest spell list again? please tell me I don't need to explane support to you...

BTW: if you want to tweak the build be a little more offensive, Summoning Spells are your friend. Drop Ward Against the Darkness and Potent Blood and get Augment Summoning & Expert Summoning. Its fun to cast summoning spells when your a ghost.

REMEMBER WHAT YOUR JOB IS... support, you keep people alive and when undead show up you make them your bitch...if combat is going well and no one has taken much damage summon then get back to keeping an eye on your people. no one drops below 25% of there total hit points, ever.. if someone gets hit hard the 1st round of combat you have the tools (spectral hand and/or ghost form with heals) to heal them up and get them back into the fight.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:44 am

The 3rd bloodrank of Val'Ishi is really broken at the low levels from what I have been reading. I am wondering if it is still worth it once you get higher up though or do you think a rebuild will be needed?
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:47 am

lostpike wrote:The 3rd bloodrank of Val'Ishi is really broken at the low levels from what I have been reading. I am wondering if it is still worth it once you get higher up though or do you think a rebuild will be needed?

Yes because its not caped by level... none of the bloodrank powers are.. so at 15th level you can hit everyone for 1d8+15.. its not ment to be a "heal all" but a "cap off" ability.. three people take 20 points of damage from a fire ball (everyone made their saves) you pop one..

The idea of keeping the mass cure light is to use after area affect spells go off... Normaly at high levels everyone makes their saves.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:53 pm

the +50% channeling damage? what exactly does that entail?
does it also apply to rebuking or controlling undead or other creatures?
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:48 pm

Thats the build i am going for my priest after talking to peter. Building nothing but a support character...
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

The Heretic
Slave to this message board

Postby The Heretic » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:35 pm

Perfect. I am still torn between my val'Tensen Brother of the Order of the Blade, or the val'Borda Rogue, Barbarian, Fighter, Weapon Savant
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:36 pm

How are you going to live long enough to be a support character with only 9 hit points at first level with the "kid Gloves" rules? Even at 3rd lvl, you will be vulnerable to any type of area of effect spell.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

thetrickygnome

Look out..

Postby thetrickygnome » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:14 pm

3rd level wizard - Ray of enfeeblement vs. a 8 Str. PC, followed up by
a touch of idiocy delivered via spectral hand.

3rd level druid spell - Poison spell - 2d6 Con loss - very bad and 10
rounds later, 2d6 more Con loss - very very bad.

The build looks good once you make it to the upper levels but at the
low levels, you are very vulnerable. With an 8 strength, your weight
encumbrance is gonna slow you down to 20 ft. movement, if at all
because a 10 Strength allows for 33 lbs or so of weight while an
8 strength is probably 23 lb.s or so. Chain shirt alone weighs about
20-25 lbs.

You also need hit points and your smacking the best thing about a
cleric - the Fortitude save based on Con. Also, with a 9 Intelligence,
you are going to be a very unskilled PC and skills, and in LA, skills
are often more important than spells or damage potential.

This build feels like two guys playing poker. One guy sets up either
a major bluff or he's got a great hand so he goes all in - either he's
gonna win big or go broke. Good luck Pete.. you'll need it.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:44 pm

Peter's "No one drops at this table" build because the only one dropping is "himself".

Crap,crap,Crap- it will die so easy it will be a pitiful death

Thats the build i am going for my priest after talking to peter. Building nothing but a support character...

Are you sure? last time you mentioned a buffing cleric - you meant yourself for 3 rounds- game over(after 3 rounds your the only one left standing)

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:14 pm

You should change the name of the build to "No one drops at this table but me" build.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Look out..

Postby Peewee » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:00 am

thetrickygnome wrote:
The build looks good once you make it to the upper levels but at the
low levels, you are very vulnerable. With an 8 strength, your weight
encumbrance is gonna slow you down to 20 ft. movement, if at all
because a 10 Strength allows for 33 lbs or so of weight while an
8 strength is probably 23 lb.s or so. Chain shirt alone weighs about
20-25 lbs.

Priests can not ware any armor, they get a nice 1st level spell called armor of faith, which gets better with level.

You also need hit points and your smacking the best thing about a
cleric - the Fortitude save based on Con. Also, with a 9 Intelligence,
you are going to be a very unskilled PC and skills, and in LA, skills
are often more important than spells or damage potential.

Again you are thinking cleric, Priest gets 6+int skills per level, that still gives his 5 skill ranks per level

This build feels like two guys playing poker. One guy sets up either a major bluff or he's got a great hand so he goes all in - either he's
gonna win big or go broke. Good luck Pete.. you'll need it.

Again not true, a good caster will stay out of melee and good players will make sure the player is nevet in melee... also with Spectral Hand you can stay way out of melee and cast healing spells and summon as much as you want.

And once you get the ability to go incorporal, thats when the build shines.. but you need to get there, and thats not easy.

Besides, if the tanks are doing there jobs, they will be the ones targeted at 1st giving the priest a chance to go into incorporal form
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:02 am

MorganWolf wrote: Are you sure? last time you mentioned a buffing cleric - you meant yourself for 3 rounds- game over(after 3 rounds your the only one left standing)

LOL stop crying Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,.. its funny how much crap you talk about my cleric..

some people are starting to talk.. that you may be worried that I play a cleric far better then you do.. LOL
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:04 am

Griffman wrote:You should change the name of the build to "No one drops at this table but me" build.

Like I said.. this build has the tools to get out of any melee encounter.. Oh I turn into a ghost and go into the ground...

Also, I would like to note, the only times my caster takes any damage in mods is because I RUN IN... I have played BIs with my mystic tharge where I have not been attacked once in melee...

I dont know how many times Mario's sharp shooter has finished an enounter without taking a single melee attack (because we work like a team and stop them from ever getting to him)
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:53 am

Just hope your side always goes first-before the area of effect spells or volleys of arrows/gunfire happens. Remember, KILL the spellcasters first works on both sides of the tables.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:52 am

Hell, My LG and My Blackmoor cleric's are better then Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, Cleric, And now i am making a Priest!
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

Return to “Living Arcanis”