Amplus Macheara or Trallian Hammer

Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

Which is better to have on your character?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:32 am

Amplus Macheara (Grandblade) 19 x's 2 crit, slashing
40%
Tralian Hammer 20 x's 3 crit, Bludgeoning or Piercing
60%

Total votes: 5

Needles
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Amplus Macheara or Trallian Hammer

Postby Needles » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:32 am

I am generally leaning toward the Amplus Macheara or the Grandblade in my assumption. The 2d8 19 x's 2 crit range seems plausible over a crit range of 20 for the Tralian Hammer. When I get improved critical I will have a crit range of 17-20 over the crit range of 19 - 20 for the Hammer.

They both do 2d8 damage a hit. The difference is the crit range of course and the fact that the Tralian hammer does bludgeoning, or piercing and the Grandblade does slashing. You might think that slashing is more important since there are more things with DR slashing than bludgeoning, or piercing.

There is a caveat to this, you can carry the hammer with you and do big damage and carry a greatsword for slashing damage for the DR slashing creatures. Carrying the Grandblade for slashing and a greatclub for bludgeoning to break DR sort of sounds weak.

I don't plan on doing this, the damage the Grandblade does is enough to cover DR of creatures bludgeoning or slashing. One thing I have omitted is that they are both exotic weapons. That is where I stand, what do you think?
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:23 am

Nice is running with a Keen Grandblade, and its ugly.. all shades of ugly
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:39 am

Trailian Hammer, while it does not have the Slashing damage it DOES have Piercing and Blugeoning which gives it more versatility on the battlefield. Remember while crits are nice they don't proc often in LA because of the high ACs. And they guy wielding the Tralian Hammer at our table dropped 245 points of damage after reduction on the portal and took it down in one hit at the BI.

We had a saying at our table sine we were the first ones to take down a gate. WHen everyone cheered that they took down their gate me and the warrior looked at each other and just said, "IF YOU AIN'T FIRST, YOU LAST!"

That guy rocked can't wait to play with him next year, hopefully steve can come next year.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:16 pm

There isn't anything that can't be brought down and broken by a large blunt object. I'd go with the hammer.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Return to “Living Arcanis”