"Of Serpents and Saviors," Battle Interactive Repo

Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:20 pm

Needles wrote:Ahhh

I'm sorry my mind was not quite working at the moment

It was a Twin Power Reality Revision


Where does this come from? I didn't post this and what does it mean?


It was me being dumb and pressing edit insted of "quote"

Ok Reality Revision is the psionic version of wish

Twin Power is a metapsionic feat from the XPH and now PU
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Xylona Ajani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 10:58 pm

Postby Xylona Ajani » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:52 pm

For my first LA BI, it was a fantastic experience. All that I could think about was how would they correlating all these players to tables for the BI, were the heck were they going to place so many people. It was definitely the biggest amount of players I have seen to participate in a BI. I was even more amazed to here that there were players that had above 18 level characters. My table consisted of Peter, Adolfo, Mario, Maria , Nice, Richard and myself. Adolfo took home the prize for most gallant. He put his passion before reasoning. It was awesome. The gold and XP at the end was tremendous. The LA Marketplace was of course one of mine most superb moment, I finally got my monk‘s AC higher. Also, I got to play some out of regions LG mods. The only down side, is that there is so much you would want to do and experience, but just not enough time. I had a great time at Origins and the company of friends was wonderful. :wink:

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:32 am

Xylona Ajani wrote:For my first LA BI, it was a fantastic experience. All that I could think about was how would they correlating all these players to tables for the BI, were the heck were they going to place so many people. It was definitely the biggest amount of players I have seen to participate in a BI. I was even more amazed to here that there were players that had above 18 level characters. My table consisted of Peter, Adolfo, Mario, Maria , Nice, Richard and myself. Adolfo took home the prize for most gallant. He put his passion before reasoning. It was awesome. The gold and XP at the end was tremendous. The LA Marketplace was of course one of mine most superb moment, I finally got my monk‘s AC higher. Also, I got to play some out of regions LG mods. The only down side, is that there is so much you would want to do and experience, but just not enough time. I had a great time at Origins and the company of friends was wonderful. :wink:


Yep it was a LOT of fun!

Thats one the one thing I love and hate about Origins.. there is so much to do, so many games, so many things to see...

BTW: This was a small Origins, it always suffers when its on the 4th of july, if you want an idea of how big its going to be next year, two hotels are sold out.. yes already.

I fully expect us to brake more records next year, (we broke the record for the largest single event at Origins with the BI, 310 people....)

Also you need to take a night off of LG next time... I want to show you some real cool stuff that takes place at the con after dark....
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 813
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby MorganWolf » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:23 am

How about a night off of LA instead?

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

Be careful Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,

Postby thetrickygnome » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:34 am

Watch what you say Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,. It could be construed as LA bashing. ;)

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:35 am

MorganWolf wrote:How about a night off of LA instead?


Umm last time I checked the midnight madness was all LG Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,..

the stuff I'm talking about starts at 12:00 midnight :D
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Be careful Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:08 am

thetrickygnome wrote:Watch what you say Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,. It could be construed as LA bashing. ;)

Signed- Rene' Alfonso


Nope none at all....

He just didn’t understand what I meant (which I didn’t explain well)

There are a ton of cool things that take place after the last slot each night; you just need to find them.

Also walking around the con after hours you can get into some cool games you never even knew existed.

I know Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is not interested in trying new games and seeing cool stuff (got to get that access) but I have hope for Monica :::evil smirk:::
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Needles
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:09 pm
Location: Miami, south west side

Postby Needles » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:26 am

Xylona Ajani wrote:
Peter, Adolfo, Mario, Maria , Nice, Richard and myself



You had a seven player table, or did one of you DM?
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

User avatar
Thanos
I have no life
I have no life
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:39 pm

Postby Thanos » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:36 am

yep 7 player table they were short 1 DM so they took last table and moved us to other tables.

Think about it they had 40 DMs to muster up. That alone is the size of a small BI.

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:41 am

Look, the best moment of the BI was during the auction where I could have destroyed every player with my gold reserves.

Sean Molley watched me bid against a Nierite for this pimp divine focus that allows you to empower anything for 2 points of CON burn.

When the bid reached 105,000 gold pieces the guy bidding against me asked, "Hey I only have another 5,000 gold to spare what about you."

I smiled real big looked to Sean then at the guy and yelled out, "I'M RICH BIATCH!"

And then I upped the bid to 110,000 and won the item.

Yeah, I got a lot of laughs.

The best was when I collected everyone's hair, I have a list of their names and now I can scry on them and they all entered into a contract with me.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
Thanos
I have no life
I have no life
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:39 pm

Postby Thanos » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:47 am

Xylona Ajani wrote:I was even more amazed to here that there were players that had above 18 level characters. The only down side, is that there is so much you would want to do and experience, but just not enough time.


Ya When it comes to LA Miami is not top dog as far Powergamers. I met a lot of people who were really cracked out and had a lot of LA knowledge and levels. I watched people spend 300k or more at the marletplace like it was nothing.

Heh not enough time or sleep. I am going to have to make a rule no more then 4 slots in a row and then take a slot off.

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:49 am

Thanos wrote:yep 7 player table they were short 1 DM so they took last table and moved us to other tables.

Think about it they had 40 DMs to muster up. That alone is the size of a small BI.


For the BI we had some 7 man tables (I love not being part of the RPGA) and we (the Miami Low level crew) where able to all play together at one table

I have an idea for next year, we should split up the crew into even numbers and play with other players...

show people what we are about!
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:51 pm

Thanos wrote:
Xylona Ajani wrote:I was even more amazed to here that there were players that had above 18 level characters. The only down side, is that there is so much you would want to do and experience, but just not enough time.


Ya When it comes to LA Miami is not top dog as far Powergamers. I met a lot of people who were really cracked out and had a lot of LA knowledge and levels. I watched people spend 300k or more at the marletplace like it was nothing.

Heh not enough time or sleep. I am going to have to make a rule no more then 4 slots in a row and then take a slot off.


Come to the bar with us :o)

much more fun then playing mod till 4:00am
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
lostpike
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:19 pm
Contact:

Postby lostpike » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:07 pm

If you had wanted some culture. The off broadway show of Wicked was playing in Colombus during the convention.
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."
____________________________________
David

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:19 pm

lostpike wrote:If you had wanted some culture. The off broadway show of Wicked was playing in Colombus during the convention.


well the main reasion you hit the bars is to make new friends...

thats the cool things about big cons.. you meet so many people
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson


Return to “Living Arcanis”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest