Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

"Of Serpents and Saviors," Battle Interactive Repo

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:10 am

To General Bunkakin:

I, MacGyver val'Mehan regret to inform you sir of our inability to detect the Mafealan spy within our ranks during the social gathering where you attempted to garner support for the defense effort of Semar. He was successful in tricking the Council of Wisdom in trading for elemental war cannons and a group of Beltinian Hospitalers from the leader of Censure. When exposed he fled from the scene.

A representative from Ymandragore was also present and presented the Council with a lucrative offer to provide their new "Bio-Constructs" for use during the defense of Semar. Fortunately most saw through their scheme to trick us, however we are still dazed as they did not attempt any harvests during the attack on Semar, instead they simply waited and watched; an interesting turn of events.

Several parties were also exposed: the head of the Council of Wisdom was actually a Harvester, the dissenters on the Council were pacified and prevented from moving the defensive positions from Semar to the ithmus, and finally a member of the val'Bausiscz family was elevated to the rank of Ambassador to Altheria; however most stunning was that the Council of Wisdom entered into an agreement to become a protectorate of the Seremasi Elves and is now a part of their expanding empire and somewhat equal partner.

When the attack finally came for us at Semar we were prepared for death to defend Altheria from its attackers. Unfortunately the Elemental Cannons exploded on the watchtowers; the leader of the forces, who replaced Bunkakin channeled the built up energy into his body and redirected it at the leader of the Mafelan forces, blasting him back out of sight while he collapsed on the ground. The general from Altheria sent us out on the offensive after we held the walls and we found several sentry points which we took and held.

We learned that people's souls were being taken for some reason by both attackers and we were sent out to discover why. We learned they were building a soul bridge and we attempted to stop them but failed. They opened multiple portals through which beings of pure chaos poured through and attacked and decimated our lines; a Kelekene discovered how to break the portals defenses and we were able to destroy the portals.

The first portal to go down (the table with Ramon, Matt, PJ and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, cause of our awesome tank!) squared off against a being of massive power (62 HD). We battled it for some time but casualties were taken. MacGyver val'Mehan was slain in battle (PJ) after putting up a valiant fight. Also at another table (Peter, Adolpho, Monica, Richard, Nice, Mario, Maria) they attempted to open a gate to the plane of shadow and failed narrowly, the possible explosion would have been amazing and beautiful; I consoled my friend for his failed, but intriguing attempt to stop the portal, he is still in denial over failing.

We prevailed against the onslaught and those who fell during the battle did not die. A part of their soul was taken away and they rose again (without level loss). All of us received land and now must clear it of enemies in the swamps of Altheria, a protectorate of the Seremasi elves.

Now we sit and wait for the final report of the general; it should be an interesting read.

- MacGyver val'Mehan
Public Member of the Emerald Society,
Defender of Altheria,
Ally of the val'Bausciz,
and Diplomat of the Realm.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Needles
Slave to this message board

Postby Needles » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:34 pm

PJ, I thought you had no loyalty to no man or country. You get a little land and your thier puppy. How much gold was there at the end of the BI? So, you died again, but got a true res, how fortunate. In the end I imagine Altheria was saved. Who was behind the attack on Altheria? The Harvesters, Sorcerer King of ymandrigor(spelling), or whom?
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

thetrickygnome

PJ's PC is in it for himself

Postby thetrickygnome » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:25 pm

PJ's PC is all about power and manipulation. He is loyal only to himself
and will manuever and stab in the back his way to the top without even
flinching. If he shows you respect or that he likes you, it's because you
are useful at keeping him alive or someone he sees he can use to
further advance his standing, especially if you happen to agree with
what he is pursuing. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to
have their head checked.

I have 0 trust in his PC. If his job is to be the ultimate political
manipulator then I'll say that he is perhaps the best out there but
for the record, he's in it for himself.

In social situations, he's a social Juggernaut. In battle situations, it's a
different story. But hey, everybody has a role to play and he does his
well... sometimes to the misfortune of his party members. Just ask
Ramon who he has betrayed on numerous occasions.

If you see PJ pull out a contract and say, " I have a deal for you.."
just turn around and walk away before you do something silly that
involves a signature.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:52 pm

P.S. The Judge Cheated to Kill Me...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:49 am

We had the world's slowest judge. Most tables were starting 5 to 10 minutes before our judge got her act together, and for 2 of the rounds we only had 1 round of combat. We did enough damage where she still gave us successes.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:21 pm

I am in acceptance of my failure. I am just a little disappointed that my attempt at self sacrifice for Onara came to such a pathetic result. But if it had succeeded allour deaths would have been glorious.
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:24 pm

The Heretic wrote:I am in acceptance of my failure. I am just a little disappointed that my attempt at self sacrifice for Onara came to such a pathetic result. But if it had succeeded allour deaths would have been glorious.

Ya sean even said he would have made it quite spectaculer... and it may have had some unforseen results..

Drat!
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Adonis
Mad scientific type genius!
Mad scientific type genius!

Postby Adonis » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:29 pm

Soul bridges...

Attack on semar...

Being of uncalculable power...

By Jeggal's Scaly Nads, Don't tell me you guys went up against a Varn? I gladly assume full responsibility for the ensuing deaths :)

Duane
Aka. Kassegore
"All shall venerate the Great Lord of Destruction!!"

All Fear Setsuko Kodo -san!!!

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:04 pm

Adonis wrote:Soul bridges...

Attack on semar...

Being of uncalculable power...

By Jeggal's Scaly Nads, Don't tell me you guys went up against a Varn? I gladly assume full responsibility for the ensuing deaths :)

Duane

No but we stoped there plans.... indirectly

I think the APL 21 did face one, and they lost a player
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:35 pm

We faced an untiered Varn construct. It was fun.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:32 pm

Did you hear about the table that tried to attack the "Aspect of Hate"

They cast reverse gravity and then attacked it dealing 120 point of damage in the first round....

Then the creature (a colossal praying mantis) did this

Cast a Duel Spell Quicken Miracle (one two dispel the reverse gravity, and the other to heal all its hit points)
Then it cast a heightened dispelling screen

The APL 21 table turned and ran
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Needles

Postby Needles » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:54 pm

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:Did you hear

Cast a Duel Spell Quicken Miracle

Where does Duel Spell Quicken Miracle come from?

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:32 am

Needles wrote:
Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, The Stat Monkey God,, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:Did you hear

Cast a Duel Spell Quicken Miracle

Where does Duel Spell Quicken Miracle come from?

Ahhh

I'm sorry my mind was not quite working at the moment

It was a Twin Power Reality Revision
Last edited by Peewee on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:53 pm

Interactive was impressive(the had preprinted maps with castles and such on them) but not that hard until our judge bumped us up to APL 9. That was a good thing 3k xp and 6500 gp for APL 9. APL 21 gave 100k in gold I forget the xp probably 7k.

ED I also got you your cloak.

I want to thank Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and Ramon for the twinkage.

Needles

Postby Needles » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:09 pm

Ahhh

I'm sorry my mind was not quite working at the moment

It was a Twin Power Reality Revision

Where does Twin Power Reality Revision come from?

I appreciate the cloak, now the problem is meeting each other again to get it.
Last edited by Needles on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Living Arcanis”