"Of Serpents and Saviors," Battle Interactive Repo

Arcanis

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:22 pm

Miami isn't top notch because we stopped playing almost all modules for about two years. But I will say this there was no denying Ramon was top spellcaster at the BI. His Magic Dispelling Field was the hot stuff that kept our DM fustrated and pissed off...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:31 pm

There were 41 tables, 40 judges, and only 1 generic ticket at the BI. I was also at a 7 person table-4 players were clerics(2 LifeWardens). We had players from Michigan, Iowa, NYC, Nevada,and 2 really crazy guys from Virginia. Crazy thinking, crazy powerful, crazy damage. 240 odd people each chipped in about $7.50 each to raise $2000 for charity.

Discovered that low blood sugar and perhaps a little heatstroke are a very nasty combination.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:32 pm

Ozymandius wrote:Miami isn't top notch because we stopped playing almost all modules for about two years. But I will say this there was no denying Ramon was top spellcaster at the BI. His Magic Dispelling Field was the hot stuff that kept our DM fustrated and pissed off...

Umm Ramon was not the only guy to piss off his GM.. there was a fate spinner on a table that was driving a GM crazy!

Also there are two arcane casters in the game right now witch can give Ramon a run for his money..
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Are you serious... ( insert sarcasm here )

Postby thetrickygnome » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:32 pm

Miami isn't top notch because we stopped playing almost all modules for about two years. But I will say this there was no denying Ramon was top spellcaster at the BI. His Magic Dispelling Field was the hot stuff that kept our DM fustrated and pissed off...

Signed- P.J.

Wait a minute... Ramons PC actually frustrated a DM with his
spellcasting? Wow.. I never saw that coming. ;)

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

P.S. - Peter, see my comment in Flayed Thread about the end of
Sacrifices" and how you said I would be suprised. It is under the subject
title " And then ther were none. "

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:33 pm

ScrollMasterRob wrote:There were 41 tables, 40 judges, and only 1 generic ticket at the BI. I was also at a 7 person table-4 players were clerics(2 LifeWardens). We had players from Michigan, Iowa, NYC, Nevada,and 2 really crazy guys from Virginia. Crazy thinking, crazy powerful, crazy damage. 240 odd people each chipped in about $7.50 each to raise $2000 for charity.

Discovered that low blood sugar and perhaps a little heatstroke are a very nasty combination.

ROB

From now on, you will eat at cons.. and you will take some food with you at games

Take Care of your self!
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Re: Are you serious... ( insert sarcasm here )

Postby grey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:15 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:

Signed- P.J.

Wait a minute... Ramons PC actually frustrated a DM with his
spellcasting? Wow.. I never saw that coming. ;)

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

P.S. - Peter, see my comment in Flayed Thread about the end of
Sacrifices" and how you said I would be suprised. It is under the subject
title " And then ther were none. "

Just be happy I wasn't with Ramon and cuz we would of used that wand of invis i got.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:26 pm

All I'm going to say is 80 levels of dispelling vs. your none. I'm betting on Ramon.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:37 pm

My 7 player table was prepared-2 incredible hard-hitting tanks, 1 amazing bard, 1 druid, 1 cleric of Hurrian, and 2 lifewardens-lots of healing to go around. We had prepared scrolls of Wall of Stone, Heroe's Feast, invisibility purge, spike stones, remove curse(ya never know), and various cures and a few heals. Defending the wall was easy-we had a wall to defend,and the enemy had to charge through fields fo spike stones.
Taking the outposts was also easy-travel domain for the win. Holding the outpost was also pretty easy. Killing the evil-oozy things was also pretty easy. Destroying the portal? Our tanks had adamantine weapons. All this at APL 13. I could have been at your table, but like Rich, I was bumped. Even with our slow judge, we still prevailed.

(Every other table started at least 5 to 10 minutes before we did, and after the first encounter, we only had 1 or 2 rounds of combat. Only in the last encounter did we have our normal time to play. Our judge made silly rulings, argued rules, even left the table to talk to another judge. We were still ruled as complete successes).
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:46 am

We normally did about 10 rounds of combat at our tables. All of us, even the judge, agreed to do average damage so we calculated it all out ahead of time just to speed things up. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, was the only one who rolled. Our moves were well planned out in advance since we agreed to a round-robin format, either the PCs went first or the Judge did. We arranged ourselves around the table in the order we wanted to go in with the tank first, me second, the psion third, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, fourth, Ramon fifth, and Matt bringing up the final position with healing. It worked beautifully and let me say the tank and Psion that I played with were excellent additions to the table, without them we would have faced a worse fate than death, the Intellect Fortress and the Tank's amazing damage output was not to be understated!

Props to Matt for getting an awesome team together!
- Philip Slama

Return to “Living Arcanis”