What's this club all about?

South Florida Gaming Association

Moderators: Ozymandius, Griffman

neocelsus
Regular
Regular

What's this club all about?

Postby neocelsus » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:03 pm

Hi guys I just noticed this the other day. (I logged in looking for someone who had emailed me out of the blue looking for a game. Lost his email addy so I figured since he found me here I might as well just post something and see if he emails me back.)

Anyways I’m intrigued to say the least. I think I’ve heard that Ray, Matt and others where doing something like this.

Got a few questions for you all.

First, will you be affiliated/an offshoot with/of the Circle?

Second, what’s the mission statement/goals of the club?

Third, will you be an RPGA club or will you also host homebrew games D&D and/or otherwise?

Finally when will your website go up? :)

As I said I’d like to hear more about the SFGA and I’d just like to say if you guys need anything just let me know.

Max
Spankings and secrets, that’s what I’m all about.

Forever separating the subtle from the gross,
Neocelsus

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: What's this club all about?

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:58 pm

neocelsus wrote:Hi guys I just noticed this the other day. (I logged in looking for someone who had emailed me out of the blue looking for a game. Lost his email addy so I figured since he found me here I might as well just post something and see if he emails me back.)

Anyways I’m intrigued to say the least. I think I’ve heard that Ray, Matt and others where doing something like this.

Got a few questions for you all.

Third, will you be an RPGA club or will you also host homebrew games D&D and/or otherwise?

As I said I’d like to hear more about the SFGA and I’d just like to say if you guys need anything just let me know.

Max

Yes, the current administration of the South Florida Gaming Association is as follows:

President: Ramon Guillen
Vice-President: Philip Slama (Myself)
Event Coordinator: Matthew Tearle

To this point we are not affiliated/an offshoot/or in anyway a part of the old regime known as 'The Circle'. We are a fresh concept that hopes to take the best that Miami has to offer and create an environment where gamers can come and enjoy coordinated monthly events (LA, LG, LF) as well as larger conventions (WiPoU #4, The Summoning, WiSE). Currently you can sign up for 'Weekend in the Principality of Ulek #4' at http://www.warhorn.net/witpou if you are interested.

I'm sure that Ramon has a 'Mission Statement/Goals' for our organization but I do not know the exact details of them. I can give you a good idea of what we are looking to achieve though.

First, we want to increase the number of gamers in South Florida and bring them under the administration of the SFGA so we can create a smooth, efficient system for organizing gamedays and conventions.

Second, we want to make D&D an experience you'll never forget. WiPoU #4 is shaping up to be an excellent convention and we are always trying to make ourselves better and provide you, our members (when sign-ups begin), with the best possible options, benifits, and other great things.

Of course there are other things we want to do so Ramon and I will get our Mission Statement and Goals posted for all of you.

Currently the SFGA will focus on major conventions and monthly gamedays and try and merge the different gaming factions of South Florida into one, all under the SFGA.

Homebrew games may come at a later time, but I don't see why we couldn't help facilitate with them.

Funny you should ask... The people in charge of the SFGA are currently tied up in 'Weekend in the Principality of Ulek #4' and overseeing 'The Summoning' and even further in the future we are currently working on other projects.

The website has been on hold, however, partly in fact that we are still currently organizing the membership benifits and things of that nature. At WiPoU #4 you will be able to join the SFGA and get a FREE PREMIERE MODULE at ever convention hosted by the SFGA (Worth $5).
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:28 pm

Lord Neden wrote:- To follow the guidelines as set by RPGA for ethical play where RPGA is the device used as the model for gaming.

Does this imply all SFGA stuff will be RPGA?

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:45 pm

Lord Neden wrote:of course unless that someone were insulting my wife... then my boots will fly =)~.

Would your foot still be in said boot? Or a lone boot flung through the air? :P

Return to “SFGA”