The other D&D meat.

Moderators: MorganWolf, Ozymandius, Jay

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Terror Inc...

Postby Peewee » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:50 am

PJ & Terror Inc.

Sorry to here things went south with Terror and Blackmoor... I know you guys put your heart and soul into it... Though I never played blackmoor I only herd good things about your storyarcs and adventures.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Terror Inc...

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:51 am

The reason we get good reception from the players is because of our simplistic approach to writing:

1. Risk equals Reward.
2. Engaging Storylines.
3. The simple question, "Would I play this?"
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:20 am

What happened?

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Difference of opinion regarding points two and three.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:56 pm

So publish independently. It's an option.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:59 am

Yeah, I wouldn't want to do that.

Too much stress, the pay sucks and eventually the game system degrades the story over time as players reach higher levels. To do the work that I did with Blackmoor would require the rest of Terror Inc. and subsidiary authors to even attempt that kind of production scale and while I enjoy writing the episodes and plotline with the Greg, Matt and Ramon we have no plans to go independent.
- Philip Slama

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:34 am

Fair enough. Have you looked at another organized-play campaign that could use the help?

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:14 am

Living Forgotten Realms, the motherlode system.

Unfortunately many of the restrictive people from Living Greyhawk are now in positions of power and I had strong words with the representative from the Principality of Ulek who in now in charge of our region.

Of course the fact that I wrote an interactive and an episode at the same time for the WiPoU 2007 Miami Convention apparently does not showcase my abilities enough for them, or the 47 rounds of play that I have written or edited in the Blackmoor campaign so I will just sit back and wait and see what they come up with.

I'm interested to see what the story is. I know Sean Molley will make the LFR campaign awesome because his stories are intriguing, twisted and interesting so I can look forward to that, but that is about the extent of my excitement.
- Philip Slama

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Postby thetrickygnome » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:36 pm

Not to stir the pot and this might so for the record let me put out the disclaimer now:

This is my opinion based on what I experienced during my tenure as Triad.

I have every faith that Bill Baldwin will make this an excellent region. When I was Triad me
and him got along well and we agreed on a great many things. He worked his ass off and came
into LG even though his strength of knowledge and experience was in the Forgotten Realms
setting and I think he did a good job. He is an excellent writer and does a good job of weighing
challenge versus reward and toughness in line with balance in combats. My advice (ha ha.. yes
advice) to everyone gather your own experience from what is to come.

I sincerely hope that we as a local sect of players are going to give the system and the people
running it the benefit of the doubt instead of pulling out the pitchforks and lighting the bonfires.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Rene I must disagree with you.... no no just kidding.

I do agree. everyone needs to just stfu and just see what's gonna happen. I'll reserve my opinions on the campaign before I start flinging poo. I hope, HOPE, they do well.

obtw. hopefully we'll take those fires and use them to see the way forward instead of using them to light the stakes.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:50 pm

Rene,

It was clear that when I submitted my own attempt to a regional position within the campaign I was turned down even though I had more experience than the current holder of the position and had worked through more material than he did in his time as Triad.

Does it matter at this point? Only insomuch as that the old guard of the Living Greyhawk system were brought in to LFR. If this is to be a "new" campaign why does the system keep the same administrators as before?

That was the extent of my comment concerning our region.
- Philip Slama

Return to “Blackmoor”