The other D&D meat.

Moderators: MorganWolf, Ozymandius, Jay

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Letter of Resignation

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:09 pm

Friends,

As much as it saddens me to write this, I must inform you that as of 2:00pm EST I am no longer associated with the Blackmoor Campaign. I have resigned my position of Operations Coordinator and Wizard's Cabal Plot Line Director due to conflicts with Robert Reed.

I know that many of you have enjoyed the episodes that I have participated in writing, or love to hate them depending on what happened, but due to a conflict of interest and lack of creative lattitude that I once enjoyed under former Executive Producer Tad Kilgore, I have no choice but to leave the campaign staff.

I do not plan to continue writing in any form or capacity, nor will I continue to field any questions regarding any episodes I have written, edited or participated in.

Please understand, I would love to stay on but Mr. Reed has made that impossible with his "my way or the highway" attitude.

Today Blackmoor will continue on without one of its principal authors and I am saddened that the story arcs that I helped pioneer will come to an end without a satisfactory resolution due to this situation.

Once again, I would like to thank the following people for helping me while in my various positions here in the Blackmoor Campaign:

Dustin Clingman, Dave Arneson, Chris Reed, Dawn Reed, Tad Kilgore, Ken Austin, Stewart Larson, Joe Kavanaugh, Greg Walker, Matt Tearle, Ramon Guillen, Jarad Eaton, Mark and Shamba.

Also my thanks to the secondary staff on the Campaign Boards and especially James Maissen for his insights on statistics.

With this resignation a majority of the story arcs have ended their involvement with their principal authors:

Wizard's Cabal Plotline
Dwoemer Realm Plotline
Farie Arc Plotline
Infernal Darkness Plotline
Businessmen of Blackmoor Plotline
Matter of Perspective Plotline

Also let me give a final shout out to some of the players who have made my involvement in this campaign all that more enjoyable!

Chris and Tara Cheek (Where's Driz?), Chris Sarna, the Moorman's the McCreary Bros., Gerry Ruiz, Carlos, Dallas!!! and Charles.

And lets not forget those in South Florida and Orlando who I game with every chance I get!

You guys make it worthwhile to write this stuff and keep on when the going gets tough.

-Philip Slama
The "Official Crazy Man"

P.S.
If you want to know what was going to happen drop me a line at me email, either one is fine, I'll tell you what should have gone down in the story arcs so you can get your last great fix!
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Re: Letter of Resignation

Postby grey » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:44 pm

wow. PJ I'm impressed. That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out resignation letter.
:18
Good job.
Too bad you can't stay on. But there's plenty of other campaigns out there.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Griffman
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Postby Griffman » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:39 pm

Viva La Revolution!
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

DClingman

Postby DClingman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:21 pm

I certainly hope that the last part of your post about the spoilers is a joke.
I'll miss you PJ, but something like that would be a seriously uncool thing to do.

Say it ain't so.

D

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:16 pm

Dustin,

You should know me better than that.

In regards to the story material that I spoke about in the above post refers ONLY to the material that I and Terror Incorporated had not produced for the campaign. This material includes our personal storylines, episode outlines that we never submitted due to resignation, plot arcs we had in conceptual development and any other material that is intellectual property of Terror Incorporated.

I do not plan to reveal anything in regards to other authors arcs, those currently in production that I have foreknowledge of (i.e. Westryn Curse Series which is at Origins/GenCon, kudos to Jarad and Joe) or discussions regarding material that was between myself and you.

The Wizard's Cabal Arc that I planned is over, no one knows what I planned to do with it.
The Dwoemer Realm that I planned with Greg is over, no one besides us knows what we planned.
The Businessmen of Blackmoor that I planned with Greg is over, no one besides us knows what we planned.
The Matter of Perspective series that Greg planned is over, only he and I know what was planned.
The Fey Arc that Ramon planned is over, only those of Terror Incorporated know his plans.
The Infernal Darkness series is over, only myself, Greg and Matt knew what was planned.

These were our developments and because the outlines were never given to you, Jarad, Tad or Rob you have no knowledge of our contingencies and plot arcs that were conceptualized. We will never release them because we have resigned and the story plotlines that we were PLANNING to do were never told to anyone because at the beginning of Season 4 all we gave you were placeholders (names and blurbs, no content) and we only agreed to produce Episode M3/82/84/85 and Greg's episode Rolling Thunder for GenCon.

Anything that was told to me in confidence regarding any other arc besides those that were our own AUTHOR SUBMITTED storylines will not be revealed, they are considered priviledged information and will not be divulged.

You have nothing to worry about Dustin because I understand the trust that was placed in me when I took my original position back in Season One under Dawn Reed.

But the storylines that I made up with other members of Terror Inc. do not fall into that category because even you, Jarad and Rob did not know our plans and do not have any outlines from us because we never submitted any past Episode X: Rolling Thunder.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Return to “Blackmoor”