We didn't start the fire....

The other D&D meat.

Moderators: MorganWolf, Ozymandius, Jay

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:28 pm

If this is how Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s character comported himself in the fight, then he is above reproach. The issue before the Profector would be how he comported himself during the fight. Was he purposefully keeping a low profile to preserve his own life at the expense of the war wizards? If he was not, then his choice of targets might not be the most gallant, but he has done nothing wrong, beyond open himself up to the ridicule of his peers.

Thank you Tad for finally responding, By reading my side of the story and comparing it to some of the testimonies(not ramon or p.j.) you know that I was no coward just acting in a tactical manner which does not always include melee.

This is what I actually did, which is slighty different from ramons version.

ROUND-1
a wall of force was thrown up by p.j. 's wizard and we all flew up to it. my action was to "truestrike" to make sure I hit whatever I needed to hit.

ROUND-2
I flew over the wall of force and targeted dispeled the opponent who had many buffs still left. the dispel failed( i rolled like crap and didnt make it.

ROUND-3
The opponent was flying away from the party and his opponents(OH SO MIGHTY ramon paladin, druids animal companion and even Ed's war wizard had him surrounded briefly so he flew opposite direction of them) and I flew towards him but had a thug in front of me to get to him so I attacked and killed the thug on my way

ROUND-4
The opponent flew behind cover so noone could target him including me. I took my move toward his direction but being in heavy armor and him with none, his cover area was not enough for me to cover that distance.

ROUND-5
The opponent came out blasted me with the surrounding area(read mod to know what object) the acid was from the opponent that killed p.j.

I don't mind giving my account on the details to the wizards cabal profector concerning her death , but not a circus to try to tarnish a arcane warriors reputation which I am totally dedicated to the organization, only Skelfer himself could ever make me doubt anything the cabal does.
As you can all see Tad himselfs says that no cabal law has been broken and that is all.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:37 pm

But the operative word Tad used was "IF" Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, if you did this, if you did that. We had two rounds of movement the first was getting there, of which you neglected to mention that the wall of force went up on round 2 of the combat and I was attacked by a phantasmal killer while monica hid in plain sight next to me. Round 3 was the Baleful Polymorph. Round 4 was my Scorching ray for 80 points of damage. Round 5 was my Cone of Fire (This is where the Spellcaster moved 30ft. from Ramon and I hit all the enemies with one spell). Round 6 I was killed, you engaged the melee fighter because we all laughed at you for killing a guy who only had 11hp. Round 7 the spell caster flew further away. Round 8 Greg called the fight.

The man who killed me didn't cause the acid attack.

We didn't say you broke the law, we said you failed to do your duty to stop rogue spellcasters. Point in case:

ROUND-1
a wall of force was thrown up by p.j. 's wizard and we all flew up to it. my action was to "truestrike" to make sure I hit whatever I needed to hit.

ROUND-2
I flew over the wall of force and targeted dispeled the opponent who had many buffs still left. the dispel failed( i rolled like crap and didnt make it.

Why cast a "True Strike" if you're going to do a targeted Dispel? It automatically hits regardless. And then you cast a Dispel Magic with a total modifier of -2 after Richard cast his with a toal modifier of +2. He was four levels higher than you in Caster Level (Richard) and he couldn't remove all the buffs. You are a melee unit with supplemental casting abilities, you should have been in that man's face. You even had Elongated Arms which kept you out of harm's way and could attack from reach.

ROUND-3
The opponent was flying away from the party and his opponents(OH SO MIGHTY ramon paladin, druids animal companion and even Ed's war wizard had him surrounded briefly so he flew opposite direction of them) and I flew towards him but had a thug in front of me to get to him so I attacked and killed the thug on my way

The opponent flew away from the party to get away from Ramon's Elongated Arms and took advantage of the fact that Ramon was disabled from the attack to retreat. Steve, Ramon and Monica stepped up to fight the spellcaster; not Ed, he was standing next to me the whole time. You did not fly towards him because your flight path was obstructed by objects. You chose to engage the melee fighter who only had 11hp left and was standing on the ground.

ROUND-5
The opponent came out blasted me with the surrounding area(read mod to know what object) the acid was from the opponent that killed p.j.

The acid was not from the opponent who killed me, he affected the terrain which caused the acid which you were standing next to. Then Greg called the module because Ed could kill him with his next spell at long range.

Your round count is off Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, I still have my spell sheet from that combat here in front of my computer where we did the combat. I still have the enemy's spell list he used and what Greg marked off round after round. The fight went on seven rounds and was called on the eighth.

The question was if you did your duty to stop the rogue spellcaster. You didn't you didn't even engage him until he was severly damage by the rest of the party and only after you killed a melee unit who couldn't reach us. That was the crux of the argument, not that you broke the law, but you failed to do your duty.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:46 pm

whatsamatter p.j. tad not agreeing with you, I knew you were the baby that caused this bullshit. next time tell tad the truth, we know its hard for you to swallow but you caused your own death- I didn't roll your saving throw-did I?
By the way the acid attack was caused by the spellcaster who killed you just ask greg he shot next to me to bathe me in acid and by the way the wall of force was yours since the beginning of the combat not during it as you cast it so all of us could come up to it as we flew to the combat area.
next time remember your own casting, no wonder tad was confused by your ranting or did you forget you said:

A paradox indeed.

Remember I never stated Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, was responsible for the death, only that I was DISSAPOINTED in his actions. They were clearly different from his other modules I have watched him play in. That was it, nothing against him except for the fact he didn't step into the fray immediately and do his job as a melee opponent.

That was it.

I didn't blame him for the death, even if he was a target it wouldn't have mattered because I still was outdoing him in damage and threatening ALL of the enemies with a single spell cast.

The point of this argument is misconstrewn.

The original argument was an Arcane Warrior responsible for the death. The answer in this case is no, but there are circumstances that had he been involved in the combat there would have been different results.

WOW- your own words, it seems your not even consistant, at least get your story straight. You know you need to leave your backstabbing methods with the LA character cause you suck at it in real life.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:28 pm

Tad, he did hide from the enemy in leu of engaging him and waited for PJ's character to die before engaging. And when PJ's character died, he cheered. .

Since you think I perfectly waited for p.j. to die(your an ass and thats insulting to me) as you seem to say I planned it, well guess what -I don't plan to play blackmoor with you anymore- anyone who is as self-serving as yourself I don't think I want to sit at a table with.
when I told you at the end of the game that I did not have any means to help anyway and that I thought he was not deserving of a res, was after the game when you wanted to find a way to res him, well have fun playing with p.j.'s corpse wizard as that will help you sleep better at night.

Those are the beefs I have with his actions. As far as engaging enemy wizards, he didn't. Casting a dispel magic that has no chance of succeeding in leu of engaging him in combat with the truestrike that he had prepared from the round before is a perfect example of stupidity. Hiding behind beakers and engaging enemy grunts instead of the creature that is violating the wizard's cabal's tenants is the problem. He chose to engage the non renegade wizard grunts instead of the renegade wizard himself.

you don't have any right to tell me how to play my character as I'm sure there was a chance to succeed at our ATL with our dispel magic. hiding -you call hiding having objects around us that blocked some of the opponents from us, then you need to have your head examined as the opponent could have blasted me at any time as he did have area of effect toward me and such and he did once blast me towards the end.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:41 am

Don't worry Ray Ray, let the master gamer stew for sometime; enough has been brought to light at this point, why should we "reeducate" someone who's fallen and fallen hard?

Remember Ramon's words Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, we don't play often, but when we get to (which is few and far between) we aren't playing for shits and giggles my friend.

We need to start the homegame again.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying

Re: Remarks about me

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:54 pm

thetrickygnome wrote: 2) I get angry when mods go out of their way in ridiculous ways to
screw up the players - ( Ex: 10,000 precast buffs for no reason
whatsoever )

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

I particularly hate it when those damn orcs sunder healing potions when you're at -9. :] :] :] :18 :18

Sorry couldn't resist. LOL!
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:57 pm

Lord Neden wrote:Greetings,

I second the home game!

Warm Regards,

Ramon Guillen

I will play a homegame...<<<<Not a typo.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

Needles
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Postby Needles » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:30 pm

Who's refereeing, What days, time, and is anyone else invited?
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Return to “Blackmoor”