We didn't start the fire....

The other D&D meat.

Moderators: MorganWolf, Ozymandius, Jay

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

So what's new

Postby thetrickygnome » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:10 pm

When people do things in a devious way no matter how coated with candy and subterfuge you try to cover it up - it still smells like sh*t so don't give me this high and mighty ingame thing when it was specifically told to me that this is a witch hunt on my character and not a broad cabal character arc- thats just downright bullshit- prove it otherwise.
when people outside this city like mcpike who aren't even involved in this are talking sh*t about my guy I have a serious problem with that.

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, let me let you in on the worlds worst kept secret... people talk
sh*t about your characters all the time. Secondly, stop looking at the
dark clouds and consider that your actions, if this is something that is
moved forward could be the spark that leads to the evolution that the
Wizards Cabal needs in order to fix its own internal issues and truly be
the organization that stands for law AND justice not law without justice
as it is now. And stop thinking in terms of in character for a second. We
talked on the phone today and eve nyou agreed with me that the
Wizards Cabal is law but very little justice and you expressed that while
that was unfortunate that it was the way of the Wizards Cabal. Stop
being a drone for the Wizards Cabal, stop being a poster child for the
archaic ways of the Wizards Cabal and open your eyes. I think one of
problems you have is that you think you can't be your own PC and have
your own thoughts and serve the Wizards Cabal. You may be cold and
somewhat distant but you're not an automaton.

I kinda understand where Ramon is going with this. The Wizards Cabal
is undergoing a state of evolution, kind of like a person who is trying to
find their indentity again ands sense of self after undergoing something
traumatic. What is happening to you I think is as a result of you trying
hard to stick to the old Cabal ways while the Cabal itself is in the early
stages of transition. Don't be suprised if as time rolls on you find
yourself struggling harder to adhere to the edicts of the Wizards Cabal.
Don't be suprised if you see elements of roleplay and changes in the
structure you are so used to develop before your eyes. Fighting change
is a roleplay choice. Adapting to change is a roleplay choice. Trying to
keep a more open mind and see the gray areas and clashes of
philosophy in the doctrines of the Wizards Cabal is a roleplay choice.
But that is the beauty of this campaign - the power to make choices and
watch the world change because for better or worse, you put your
stamp on it.

The Wizards Cabal IMHO is destined to change - it has to in for the sake
of self-preservation and to be what is can be which is alot better than
what it currently is. Behind this change will be players like me and
Ramon, raising their voices to speak against the injustice of the Cabal &
push for change. You will no doubt be there, trying to hold on to the
Cabal, standing steadfast in defense of its inflexibility & cold
dispassionate view of the way things should be. Stop seeing things in
such a microscopic view and broaden your vision to see the big
picture.

Has it ever occured to you that the schism created by the event of PJ's
death will invariably lead to the Wizards Cabal taking a look at itself &
saying, "Maybe we need to rethink the way we do things."

Trust me, every chance I get I will speak out against the Wizards Cabal
and their injustice. What I did at MegaCon was not a fluke and it is my
hope that it will I made a few people question whether the Wizards
Cabal is doing things in a manner that is best for the world. If I was able
to accomplish something like that, it was well worth it.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:28 pm

Cue the evil writer music...

You guys have done exactly what I wanted, you've formulated enough plot lines and hooks for me to finish up the Wizard's Cabal arc through 2009. Thanks a bunch and I'm sorta sorry I manipulated all of you into this thread line but hey, results are results and now its time to get writing.

Who says the campaign doesn't listen to its players?
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:39 pm

Lord Neden wrote:Does the Wizard's Cabal promote the destruction or the preservation of the common man?

Warm Regards,

Ramon Guillen

Ok I will Bite
I say both
The Cabal destroys the few for the many.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My guess where this is all headed is the acceptance of sorcerers. The campaign will stop persecuting sorcerers. Let me guess the Cabal is going to change its ways because some players have been crying about how unfair it is.

Don't get me wrong Cabal are Total fascists but that aspect of the campaign I like. Why does every campaign have to be goody 2 shoes? A little conflict between players is fun in game. You could even draw a lot of lines between the cabal and CIA. The Cabal does the bad sh*t that no one else would to protect the people. For right or wrong the common man will probably never do anything against the Cabal because of their security and they have too much to lose. We can look at ourselves. I don't see many of us standing up to the CIA. (I know we all love abugrav and secret torture camps)We say they are wrong all day long but do any of us truly do anything to protest them? Imagine if all Americans refused to pay their taxes until the CIA stopped its dirty tactics. The problem is do you want to be thrown in jail for not paying taxes? What about your family? Do we have it that bad? As adventurers in blackmoor we see a lot of bad sh*t the average joe never sees. So the common man would probably support the cabal and even embrace them.

Anyway if Blackmoor wants to go Brady Bunch more power to them but I will miss all the crazy stories and situation that arise from the whole "Cabal" aspect of the campaign.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:46 pm

Lord Neden wrote:
Stop Crying, tears didn't work on the sorcerers that have had their brains sucked out so why would the actions of the WC bother you any when the tables are turned onto you?

Warm Regards,

Ramon Guillen

You know that Cabal saying goes. "You have to break a few eggs to make an amulet."

CaptRoidRage

Postby CaptRoidRage » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:51 pm

ya know..... as the judge for the event in question, I am surprised no one has solicited my opinion on the matter.

Believe me I have a few thoughts..... heh heh heh

However, I will not post them here as that would be a violation of certain responsibilities that I have as the PoC for Terror Inc.

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,.... you are such a douche. Don't worrry about what other people are saying. Their opinion matters very little

Have you behaved in violation of the wizard's cabal?

probably...... however.... as the judge and a stable author for Blackmoor if I thought you had truely commited a grevious violation of your character's princibles I would have smacked you down and sanction your character in some way. Did I do that? no. why?

Although your self preservation behavior is fine tuned as you care about the well being of your character.... you very rarely act in a courageous selfless manner. I say very rarely, because you have. Just not in a consistent manner. Thorack the Bold? well... sometimes.

I still remember Greneir fleeing from the dragon as Armando Vega (the truely most courageous PC Living Greyhawk ever saw) was lying unconscious under the dragon's feet. And that was a paladin you were playing. Come on dude. Just accept your role as a player. Actions have proven your self preservation instinct overrides your sense of role-playing and your actions often are similar to that of a certain feathered egg laying fowl. I don't blame you for this. It has it's place. At least you are consistant, much like Rene.

And for the record. You probably should re-read the Arcane Warrior entry in the Wizard's Cabal book. you are supposed to be a foot soldier who is willing to take the bullet for any wizard in the cabal. Did you do this? No. Was PJ acting in his usual suicidal manner? Kinda, but if he hadn't I was going to kill you all. Ramon was neutralized. Monica doesn't do any damage (although she is impossible to find). Ed stepped up, but had lower DPS to Pj and thus PJ was targeted and died. With your saving throws, you SHOULD have been in that Wizard's Face on round 1, swinging, or whatever. Just the opinion of someone who would be considered an expert witness in any trial involving D&D.

As for everyone else with an opinion on this matter. It is now in the hands of campaign coordinators and any decision they make is a private matter between them and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, until such time as they decide to publicize it. Until then you guys are just wasting time and photons.

I now return you to your miserable lives.

Gregory S. Walker
Terror Inc.

P.S. Raddan Goss has returned you MUST surrender to his will.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:03 pm

CaptRoidRage wrote:Actions have proven your self preservation instinct overrides your sense of role-playing and your actions often are similar to that of a certain feathered egg laying fowl. I don't blame you for this. It has it's place. At least you are consistant, much like Rene.

Until then you guys are just wasting time and photons.

P.S. Raddan Goss has returned you MUST surrender to his will.

LoL lets stoke that fire.

Hey you waste your photons your way and I will waste mine my way ;)

No I made my save bitch.
Last edited by Thanos on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptRoidRage

Postby CaptRoidRage » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:13 pm

Hey you waste your photons your way and I will waste mine my way

No I made my save bitch.

The one is on your dice man-whore.

Although I do wonder as I write the next Raddan excursion;

Do the heralds of Raddan have to make the save if and when they encounter Raddan again? I wonder.

Hmmmmm.

You said there wouldn't be any hooker stanley!- Dr. Tina Gasko (Bachelor Party)

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:15 pm

CaptRoidRage wrote:
Hey you waste your photons your way and I will waste mine my way

No I made my save bitch.

The one is on your dice man-whore.

Although I do wonder as I write the next Raddan excursion;

Do the heralds of Raddan have to make the save if and when they encounter Raddan again? I wonder.

Hmmmmm.

You said there wouldn't be any hooker stanley!- Dr. Tina Gasko (Bachelor Party)

I will make sure I have Pro Evil up unless you are going Candy Land it.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:45 pm

Although your self preservation behavior is fine tuned as you care about the well being of your character.... you very rarely act in a courageous selfless manner. I say very rarely, because you have. Just not in a consistent manner. Thorack the Bold? well... sometimes.

It is your opinion that this is the way I have played, I have even challenged my whole party once to get a sorcerer and only the death of an arcane warrior, my partner was at stake. I do not play a mindless automaton even though I know you all think aracane warriors are that. But again everyone who doesn't play one seems to forget that arcane warriors have intelligence to wield magic along with melee combat so regardless of whatever anyone says I play my character correctly.

I still remember Greneir fleeing from the dragon as Armando Vega (the truely most courageous PC Living Greyhawk ever saw) was lying unconscious under the dragon's feet. And that was a paladin you were playing. Come on dude. Just accept your role as a player. Actions have proven your self preservation instinct overrides your sense of role-playing and your actions often are similar to that of a certain feathered egg laying fowl. I don't blame you for this. It has it's place. At least you are consistant, much like Rene.

Well technically greg you were dead but we won't remind you of that since you said the day armando dies he will never allow himself to be raised in any way ever, but I guess being unconcious is a good way to look at it.
Well Rene knows how he is at certain times and we will leave it at that, but me being a feathered fowl that goes a little too far as with my arcane warrior I have always been up front of the party and played him not as we call the kind of players LAWFUL STUPID-there is a difference and I thought you knew that I guess not-my misteak.

And for the record. You probably should re-read the Arcane Warrior entry in the Wizard's Cabal book. you are supposed to be a foot soldier who is willing to take the bullet for any wizard in the cabal. Did you do this? No. Was PJ acting in his usual suicidal manner? Kinda, but if he hadn't I was going to kill you all. Ramon was neutralized. Monica doesn't do any damage (although she is impossible to find). Ed stepped up, but had lower DPS to Pj and thus PJ was targeted and died. With your saving throws, you SHOULD have been in that Wizard's Face on round 1, swinging, or whatever. Just the opinion of someone who would be considered an expert witness in any trial involving D&D.

Nowhere in the code of arcane warriors or in the laws of blackmoor does it say to take any kind of bullet for any wizard, this is a misconception you all have and p.j. only play-tested the wizards cabal book and didn't write it so maybe you should read it for yourselves and not listen to propaganda.
THERE IS ONLY 2 SECTIONS THAT I FOLLOW AND THOSE ARE THE CODE AND THE LAWS OF BLACKMOOR. nothing else written matters unless the cabal puts it to law.

As for everyone else with an opinion on this matter. It is now in the hands of campaign coordinators and any decision they make is a private matter between them and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, until such time as they decide to publicize it. Until then you guys are just wasting time and photons.

ok then guys this is a useless debate and lets see how far in the cabal I can get before they deceide I'm playing too well.

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:10 am

the gloves have come off, and the gauntlets has been put on....
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

thetrickygnome

Remarks about me

Postby thetrickygnome » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:03 pm

If anyone is insinuating that I has not always acted with total bravery
you are probably correct but at let's not single me out.

Oh and by the way, here are some other roleplay quirks about me:

1) I get easily frustrated when smart people play incredibly dumb.
2) I get angry when mods go out of their way in ridiculous ways to
screw up the players - ( Ex: 10,000 precast buffs for no reason
whatsoever )
3) I hate it when campaigns take a base PC-class and make them
very difficult to play ( can we say Sorcerers anyone? )

there are several more but why bother since other peoples opinions
don't really concern me too much.

And Greg, your LG PC was NOT the bravest PC I've ever seen and as
a matter of fact, your paladin is responsible for the death of Destiny
D'vyne because you were afraid to pull a sword from a stone. Because
of this, I died to a wail fo the banshee. When they asked you to pull
out the sword from the stone, you looked at the table and said - this is
a direct quote by the way " Hell No, I'm not getting near that sword."
That attitude and those words are very unlik anything a paladin should
say and your actions were very unheroic.

So you shouldn't throw stones in glass houses Greg. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, made some
mistakes but no one has played their PCs perfectly. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, just happens
to be screwed because of his class and who he works for.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:17 pm

What are you talking about Rene I play the bravest character.

What the hell is a Patrician doing from his homeland of Canceri disabling traps, negotiating contract deals and "pretending" to be a rogue when he really is just an evil person with his own self-preservation ahead of everyone else.

That is some brave sh*t even showing up to play with all your "Macho" types.

And if you respond to this Rene I'm sure we'll have lots of fun.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

thetrickygnome

Nice bait... here's the bite and the only one I'll give you

Postby thetrickygnome » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:11 pm

What the hell is a Patrician doing from his homeland of Canceri disabling traps, negotiating contract deals and "pretending" to be a rogue when he really is just an evil person with his own self-preservation ahead of everyone else.

Your LA PC is conveniently heroic, but nowhere near the most heroic.
Franky, to be honest, your LA PC is a manipulative maggot and one of
the lowest form of sleaze and scum that could ever be scrapped off the
ass cheek of humanity. You just take advantage of LA's "liberal align-
ment policy" that lets monsters walk around as saints and vice versa.

And have all the fun you want with your answer because I'm not playing
your ridiculous "oh let's talk about the endless gray area of LA good and
evil" because that horse has been beaten to death already and this is
a Blackmoor section of the forum. I only answered Gregs post because
I got mentioned in it. Nice try though. A cookie for your efforts. ;)

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:24 pm

But this is a board for Blackmoor, lets keep the discussion on topic.

That apparently hasn't stopped you.

And Ramon I took care of Dallas! and her email.

P.S. Jesus is coming back on a cloud of money to punish you.
- Philip Slama

tadkil
Regular
Regular

Postby tadkil » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:13 am

[quote="Lord Neden"][quote]Excerpts from “The Magical Lawâ€

Return to “Blackmoor”