We didn't start the fire....

The other D&D meat.

Moderators: MorganWolf, Ozymandius, Jay

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

We didn't start the fire....

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:48 pm

Heh Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, was the only one who could lock it or Reuben, and Rueben hasn't been on in well...ever.

Besides if you're going to stifle the commentary its just going to flare up later.

And for the record Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, we played two ATLs of Castle Blackmoor together. The first one at Origins 2005, Rene was at the table, and then again at the Summoning with Dawn and Jerry as the Judges, Richard was at the table; you were sent into a teleporter and sent with another player to a random section of the dungeon.

And Episode 64 is Matt's module we playtested. You played along with me, Ramon, Monica, Richard and Rob. Don't forget that I've judged your character more than I care to remember.

But hey, my character is dead and a new one is in the works.

I've built her better, faster, stronger and more loyal than you'll ever know! And won't it be great when you meet her "brother," Grimwall is a mean son-of-bitch and is even worse than you when it comes to the strict precepts of the Wizards Cabal.

Here's looking at you!

"Dark Queen" and "Grimwall" are ready to be released!
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:59 pm

And for the record Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, we played two ATLs of Castle Blackmoor together. The first one at Origins 2005, Rene was at the table, and then again at the Summoning with Dawn and Jerry as the Judges, Richard was at the table; you were sent into a teleporter and sent with another player to a random section of the dungeon.

thats because we played ATL 3 & 5 but that was for you to find out .

I've built her better, faster, stronger and more loyal than you'll ever know! And won't it be great when you meet her "brother," Grimwall is a mean son-of-bitch and is even worse than you when it comes to the strict precepts of the Wizards Cabal.

I commend you for finally playing someone who should have been utterly loyal to the cabal since you are its wrtier.( you should have done this since day1- maybe if you weren't so crazy with her - she would have lived!!!)

Needles
Slave to this message board

Postby Needles » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:15 pm

Oh well, I tried to keep these pie fights from getting worse.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:23 pm

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, we'll place everyone again based on the game we played and show me how I played crazy during the final combat.

Contrary to your comments that was the most sane, rational fight I led in my long, irrational career as a Cabal member.

I hardly moved from my final spot where I stopped to enter the fight, it was a ranged fight between all of the casters how could we have been reckless? If we are all in range fo the spells how does that make me the only crazy one?

Don't worry, "Dark Queen" and "Grimwall" are the new face of the Cabal. And if you thought Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, was a do boy wait until you see these guys. I'm about to name them the following:

Wizard's Cabal: The Next Generation (WC:TNG)â„¢

That phrase is Copyright © 2007 Philip Slama.

And Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, the jab about being a writer is unfounded. When you write something come talk to me. Until then have fun playing.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

thetrickygnome

Another dark cloud

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:53 pm

Don't worry, "Dark Queen" and "Grimwall" are the new face of the Cabal. And if you thought Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, was a do boy wait until you see these guys. I'm about to name them the following:

Too bad. The evil hive spits out another few drones. ;)

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

P.S.- To those thinking about locking threads, and no offense to you
Mario because you're a good guy, but this is supposed to be a place
where the sh*t flies so if all of a sudden we are going to pick and choose
whose posts get on or not and when threads are shut down then let
me know so I can do what I have to do.

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:56 pm

albert lock the LA board when the flames when nuts, i was just trying to stop that cock fight from going on. if you want it unlock, there you go...
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Dude its funny to watch the posts, it gets outta hand, but damn I get a great laugh at work.
- Philip Slama

Needles

Re: Another dark cloud

Postby Needles » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:47 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:

Too bad. The evil hive spits out another few drones. ;)

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

P.S.- To those thinking about locking threads, and no offense to you
Mario because you're a good guy, but this is supposed to be a place
where the sh*t flies so if all of a sudden we are going to pick and choose
whose posts get on or not and when threads are shut down then let
me know so I can do what I have to do.

It's not a matter of who gets what post on the Board. It is a matter of letting things get out of hand.

For example, "obviously, you can't see this. It is beyond you. So, I expect more trolls and flames out of you, even hatred." For this example, these past few sentences are a troll. It will make you so angry you have got to reply to it and have the last word. I hope you see this example and see where I am coming from. I would like to stop this before the point of no return gets passed. Joel went beyond Ramon's point of no return and he won't show up at his store anymore.

Someone can cross such a line. I would like to see this stop before that line gets crossed. For these are the good ole days. You don't know what you have got till you lose it. If our happy community gets split up it will be very hard to replace it with the same kind of people with the same kind of commitment they have to the game.

We have got people willing to author mods. People willing to spend their time to manage the future of these mods. People willing to set up game days. If such kind of people get emotionally upset and go away. They will not be replaced very easily. Let's stop this before this pie fight turns into a Holy War and people just, go away.

People come and go, Kid Dave is gone. Duane doesn't play anymore, Daria moved away, Scott has lost interest, and so on and so on. Let's not let this get out of hand before people's feelings get frayed.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:40 am

Hey you're going off topic Ed.

Talking about people leaving was due to the inflexibility of Living Greyhawk (No Offense to Rene or the Triad). The system didn't lend itself to the playerbase very well, it was too ridgid and those players dropped out due to lack of interest.

But I would suggest going to WiPoU #7 to everyone who is interested in Living Greyhawk since it's going to be one of the last few Conventions for the campaign!
- Philip Slama

thetrickygnome

The good with the bad

Postby thetrickygnome » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:05 am

Hey you're going off topic Ed.

Talking about people leaving was due to the inflexibility of Living Greyhawk (No Offense to Rene or the Triad). The system didn't lend itself to the playerbase very well, it was too ridgid and those players dropped out due to lack of interest.

But I would suggest going to WiPoU #7 to everyone who is interested in Living Greyhawk since it's going to be one of the last few Conventions for the campaign!

PJ makes a few good points Ed plus alot of these people moved away
or stopped playing for reasons that have nothing to do with the game
itself. Real life takes precedence over stuff like this such as work
a family illness, or having to relocate for whaever reason , or having
kids who demand more attention than normal ( and believe me I know
about that last one very well. )

LG is a good system in the sense that it has alot of resources backing
it up but because it has alot of administration, that administration brings
alot of red tape. Plus, they answer to Hasbro who has ownership over
their stuff so Hasbro can jerk their strings almost anytime they want.

I think LG is a bit more rigid than it needs to be but overall it is a good
system. Despite the mention of lack of interest, LG has maintained a
generally good draw and player base. I would also recommend WiPoU
for a good last shot at a major local regional con. I give LG more credit
than PJ does but I also acknowledge areas where it could have done
better.

No system, be it Blackmoor, Living Arcanis, or LG is without some form
of fault. It's just that people LOVE to throw the barbed darts at LG
partly because it is a little rigid but also sadly because some people
think its fun to ridicule and abuse LG and its volunteers.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:35 am

Dude, Rene you're like the wrestler we LOVE to HATE!

GO MACHO MAN RENE ALFONSO!

OH YEEEEEEAH!
- Philip Slama

thetrickygnome

This last category did it for me!!! Yay!!!

Postby thetrickygnome » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:22 pm

Fruitful conversation folks... Is the Wizard's Cabal unjust? Absolutely. Are they Flawed? Yes we know this. I think Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, just fell into the trap that the Wizard's Cabal has set up for itself. The precepts were founded with the ideals of intolerance in lew of righteousness, and it has fallen into itself. And even Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, the self proclaimed "Best Arcane Warrior Ever" has fallen into its own systematic trap. Since he has discovered this error, will he be sucked into the vacume of "missing sorcerers and renegade wizards?" Or will he be brave enough to stand up to the Cabal and demand change?

I agree with alot of what Ramon is saying here. I have been saying for
quite some time now that the Wizard Cabals rigid nature would / will
eventually be the cancer that eats it up fro mthe inside out. Its doctrines
and methodology are archaic and not dynamic enough as they are now
to deal with the sweeping changes that are occuring around the world
with the influence of the Egg of Coot, the new discoveries in the power
white magic, the Afridhi, and the splintering of its own group. I have
said from the beginning but I guess it is easily ignored that the Wizards
Cabal does not need to be destroyed but rather its tenets and doctrines
need to be overhauled. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is responsible for much of of his actions
but he is also a victim of the flawed system that he covets the way a
devout Catholic priest clings to the Bible as the one great source of
truth. I applaud the very last sentence in the above quote because it is
in a sense what this really boils down to. What the Wizards Cabal does
is law but it is not IMHO justice for justice is tempered by mercy and
understanding and there laws sadly IMHO fall short of this.

Ralphs arcane warrior is completely devoted to the Wizards Cabal but
that does not or should not mean that he cannot see something that
he thinks should be amended and make attempts to do so by working
within the system and not from the outside AGAINST the system. It is
my sincere hope that what I did at MegaCon last year made a
difference even if it is just a nudge because even the longest journey
begins with the first step. Then again if Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, plays his PC as blindly
loyal and resistant to change then that would be unfortunate.

I don't know where this is going but I hope that regardless of anything
that it is fair for everyone. Serving the Wizards Cabal does not mean
that one sacrifices their independant thought or sense of self.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:25 pm

I must admit, PJ's character should have been declared a renegade wizard by the Wizard's Cabal a long time ago, but no one ever pressed the issue against the character. At the time of her death, Aleria Sil was in good standings with the Wizard's Cabal.

At my time of death I had 32 Favors and 11 Commendations.

Oh and Wizard's have lattitude to determine their actions under their own code. See the problem was indicting my character, you couldn't because of my dual personas.
- Philip Slama

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, had Deathward up, he is a tank and could have one rounded the mage (cause I beat the sh*t out of her and left her for 2 rounds with less than 30 hp). Instead he chose to cast Dispel Magic (after a truestrike which in my opinion didn't make any sense... and yes, he had the movement to get to him). Then engage a scrubby minion? This is after he witnessed first hand the use of multiple 7th level spells that he identified with Spellcraft? Almost every spell cast by the evil necromancer he would have been immune to because of his buffs, yet he decided to engage a scrub (which both mages were hitting with area of effect and dealing with anyhow).

It is not up to you how I conduct myself and your point of view about the whole situation shouldn't even be taken into account, after all you let the female wizard die by spending 3 rounds curing yourself instead of doing anything else just because the wizard showed you how weak you truly are.
One cannot account what will happen in a round, if they did they were reading the module, so as characters we react according to the situation as it warrants and my casting of dispel magic is in my opinion a good move because if I had eliminated its ability to move away from us then this whole thing would have been a moot point, but as always if you seek fault- look within yourself first as I suppose you weren't buffed up enough I guess since you think you always deserve all the major buffing.

My interpretation of that code is that all sentient humanoid citizens of Blackmoor, regardless of race, class, creed, ethicity, alignment, history, or background are considered a part of the code of the "common man."

spoken like a true paladin- and as we agree that sorcerers must be re-educated so as to be "common man" and contribute to blackmoor.

I personally believe many of the tenants are good. Some of those laws need to be removed (destroying any who sully the name of magic is too broad and can include victums of overzealous people that decide who or what is "sullying the good name.")

This is why the cabal will always be ready to take it to its finale and make sure such things don't happen.

I have even seen the cabal be very lenient in 1 case that overall I am still mystified as to why, but I obey orders and by doing so advance the cabal's objectives.

Fruitful conversation folks... Is the Wizard's Cabal unjust? Absolutely. Are they Flawed? Yes we know this. I think Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, just fell into the trap that the Wizard's Cabal has set up for itself. The precepts were founded with the ideals of intolerance in lew of righteousness, and it has fallen into itself. And even Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, the self proclaimed "Best Arcane Warrior Ever" has fallen into its own systematic trap. Since he has discovered this error, will he be sucked into the vacume of "missing sorcerers and renegade wizards?" Or will he be brave enough to stand up to the Cabal and demand change?

This is a testament to his character. I look forward to fruitful conversations.

I have to say that is is not the case of any law of the cabal, this is an individual trying to get my character in trouble and I feel that it is an underhanded trick that I refuse to be a part of. If the blackmoor campaign feels that they can jump on someone's character due to another persons ranting(this is what I consider it) and not even speak to the character involved in question or even contact those defending said character then I'm afraid the campaign will be suffering as unjust things are being done.
I did not start this ,but if they want to take it far then that's someone elses problem, not mine.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:02 pm

When people do things in a devious way no matter how coated with candy and subterfuge you try to cover it up - it still smells like sh*t so don't give me this high and mighty ingame thing when it was specifically told to me that this is a witch hunt on my character and not a broad cabal character arc- thats just downright bullshit- prove it otherwise.
when people outside this city like mcpike who aren't even involved in this are talking sh*t about my guy I have a serious problem with that.

Return to “Blackmoor”