Bullshit ravings and useless commentary!!!!!!

The other D&D meat.

Moderators: MorganWolf, Ozymandius, Jay

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:11 pm

Ramon, as long as we keep the deal we made about the top hat you can be as greedy or generous as you want.
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

Needles
Slave to this message board

Postby Needles » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:04 am

Lord Neden wrote:Ed, you are full of sh*t. Every decision I have made with my LA character has been CONTRARY to greed. I only claim Eloran items and for the most part, I am a magic crafting fiend looking to see if people are worthy of the magical gifts I bestow upon them.

I am not going to stoop low and call you names. You have the wrong campaign. It was in Blackmoor this happened. You don't seem to remember the day. It was with Rob, You, and me. Maybe someone else was there, I don't remember. PJ was the DM.

It was after the game you said you wanted to buy an item and expected all of us to give you our share of gold. I did not at first cave in. You and PJ convinced me to give you the gold so you could buy a 10,000 gp item. I could have bought an amulet of health with that item. It would have cost me 1600 gp to buy it. I gave up 2,400 gold so you could purchase this 10,000 gp item.

I look at it this way, I gave up something for you. Now you kind of owe me. If we were to want the same item at a table, I would expect you to let me have this item, or the payment of 2,400 gp. Which ever comes first. Since, I gave something up for you. I would expect you to give up something for me.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:40 am

Got a new slogan for Miami:

"No Honor Among Cert Whores..."
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:14 am

I hate when this sh*t happens.
I scurry and run away like I had the green apple quickstep and St. Vitus dance in my pants when the cert whoring begins.

If Samuel L. Jackson played D&D he'd say, "I'm tired of all these muthaf'in cert whores at this muthaf'in table!"

Really guys enough with the whoring. I don't whore if I can help it.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Needles

Postby Needles » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:12 pm

Well, if Ramon doesn't remember, he doesn't remember, and that is the end of that.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:19 pm

Umm

I know this is about blackmoor.... but at Origins ramon hooked us all up, he crafted items and gave away a ton of certs (like a ring of protection & risistance +3 as well as crafting armor, weapons, and stat boost items)

I have never seen ramon act like a cert hog.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:29 pm

The thing Ed is talking about is true. I do remember that conflict coming up with Phalkon
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:32 pm

How about we find an impartial third party to pass out the certs? No more fighting, arguing or whoring. Or perhaps we just sell all the certs, divide the gold, and switch Blackmoor to an LG format? I've been at tables where the fighter picked up 35K in items because only the fighter could use the items. My wizard cohort in Arcanis picked up a bunch of stuff for the same reason- only wizard at the table. How about a Miami Adventureres agreement: The Certs go to whomever needs the item, then to whomever can use the item. Class appropriate picks, not most expensive item first. We've managed to work it all out before.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:00 am

Rob, no offense but that is one of the most rational things I've heard on this board and it SICKENS me! Never will this issue be resolved, never. But it doesn't happen at all tables, trust me on that; the first few tables I ran went smoothly enough, no problems there.
- Philip Slama

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:39 am

If it was possible I would say to use a DKP system. All you MMORG'ers know what I'm talking about.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:47 pm

OMG that would be a horrendous problem because Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, would end up being the Raid Leader and we'd be at his beck and call just to make the start times. Although since Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, can't even make his own games on time we could kick him out and replace him and run the instances ourselves and still get our DKP. I like the system.
- Philip Slama

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:08 pm

Quit picking on Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, before he blows a gasket. We can work out a system. Weapons to fighters, armor to clerics, then fighters, rings of protection/amulets of natural armor to the wizards,....AND I GET ALL OF THE DISPOSABLE ITEMS!!!

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:13 pm

What about us nobles???
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with

the wildest tales."

David

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:55 pm

Nobles get SOUND BURST. Seriously, nobles are fighter types-light or medium armor and a few weapons of choice. Then the charisma boosting items, unless there is a bard or SORCERER(not likely) at the table.l

Needles

Postby Needles » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:34 am

I do take offense to your post.

As for the loss of money thing. It is a lesson to me never to trust in people again. I feel sooo taken.

Return to “Blackmoor”