Bullshit ravings and useless commentary!!!!!!

The other D&D meat.

Moderators: MorganWolf, Ozymandius, Jay

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

I never mentioned Ramon + odds and ends

Postby thetrickygnome » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:40 pm

Again, where in MY posts at least do I equate Ramon with greed?
NOWHERE!!

Richard, if you wanna give Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, favorable treatment then go right
ahead. The next time someone tells me that I can't be impartial about
someone or something, at least I know I'm in good company. Just
remember that what you feel as a person towards Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, should not
and does not always carry over into the game and your PC. IF you
cannot make that distinction then I find that a bit troubling.

Monica, as Ramon himself mentioned a few months ago, Living city.net
is like the Wild Wild West. In the example that he gave, people come
on this baord to say what they want with all guns blazing, sometimes
fraying nerves and pissing people off but at the end of the day they
can still sit down and have a cold beer together. Now I don't agree with
that 100% but to his credit, I've seen alot of people say some out-
rageous stuff on here and still be on speaking terms. So if that is the
way theis board is going to be treated, with the intent to keep the
censorship bug as far off the radar as possible, then conversations like
this are going to be somewhat normal. I play with the hand I'm dealt.
Besides, there is as much chance at me saying something bad about
you as I have of parting the Red Sea. ;)

PJ, you're a nut bag but at least you are entertaining. ;)

Rob- ever since you got internet access you are posting machine. Be
careful, PJ might send a virus and crash your hard drive to maintain
his post supremacy.

Anyways, I don't think I'll be posting anything else about this. I have
history and precedent on my side and it becoming pointless. While I
respect and appreciate what Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, does, I'll be damned if I'm going to
accused of playing " Follow the Leader ", much less do it willingly. When
he's right, I back him up ferociously as I always have but when he is
wrong, and either case applies to anyone, I reserve the right to tell
them so.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:04 pm

Someone tell Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and Ramone to look at this site and defend themselves. Besides, some of us have gamed with Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, for years. Its fun to bash him sometimes. Just pray he never swings at you with his old LC notebook!!
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Re: I never mentioned Ramon + odds and ends

Postby Thanos » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:05 pm

LOL DUDE I AM CALLING YOU OUT WHERE DID ANYONE SAY YOU SAID RAMON WAS GREEDY :)

I think maybe we need a new board rule. After 10 posts the thread needs to be locked because anything past that people lose reading comprehension or the post goes off topic. :)

anyway Peace and have fun the thread is scaring me.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:21 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Face it, we're all greedy, the exception is we are all polite about it. To me, Ramon is the most greedy. After one mod he wanted all of us to forgo 2,400 in gp so he could afford buying some 10k magical item. My greedy self said no, I want that money to go toward a +2 Amulet of Health. Which would have cost me 1,800 to buy, but no, he and the rest of the party convinced me to do otherwise, and later. I had to buy an Amulet of Health for 4,000. Teaches me a lesson, stick to my guns in that regard. He owes me a choice magical item at a table after a game. A 10,000 gp magical choice.

I admit, I'm greedy but think of my greed as ambition. I'm polite about it and sometimes I get taken. At least, I admit it.

Edward Sweeting

thetrickygnome wrote:Again, where in MY posts at least do I equate Ramon with greed?
NOWHERE!!

Richard, if you wanna give Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, favorable treatment then go right
ahead. The next time someone tells me that I can't be impartial about
someone or something, at least I know I'm in good company. Just
remember that what you feel as a person towards Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, should not
and does not always carry over into the game and your PC. IF you
cannot make that distinction then I find that a bit troubling.

Monica, as Ramon himself mentioned a few months ago, Living city.net
is like the Wild Wild West. In the example that he gave, people come
on this baord to say what they want with all guns blazing, sometimes
fraying nerves and pissing people off but at the end of the day they
can still sit down and have a cold beer together. Now I don't agree with
that 100% but to his credit, I've seen alot of people say some out-
rageous stuff on here and still be on speaking terms. So if that is the
way theis board is going to be treated, with the intent to keep the
censorship bug as far off the radar as possible, then conversations like
this are going to be somewhat normal. I play with the hand I'm dealt.
Besides, there is as much chance at me saying something bad about
you as I have of parting the Red Sea. ;)

PJ, you're a nut bag but at least you are entertaining. ;)

Rob- ever since you got internet access you are posting machine. Be
careful, PJ might send a virus and crash your hard drive to maintain
his post supremacy.

Anyways, I don't think I'll be posting anything else about this. I have
respect and appreciate what Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, does, I'll be damned if I'm going to
them so.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:56 pm

This post went WAAAAAAAAAY off tangent a long time ago. I'll be the first to admit that I AM GREEDY!!! If people would sit and plan things out in advance, I would be more than happy to craft items in LA or Blackmoor. My characters are not wealthy (except in LG)-but taking an experience and TU hit never really bothers me-just have enough gold to cover the cost of crafting, and if you have a Wizard, perhaps help craft an item for me. As for helping out low level PCs, there is a big difference between passing out a whole bunch of healing potions/scrolls/wands before a major BI than there is passing out extra magic armors and swords. Why would my LifeWarden(lvl13) give away a +1 longsword to some first level scrub he doesn't even know? Yes, I've had the sword for five years and haven't used the sword in at least four years, but why give it away to a complete stranger?

In Blackmoor, my cleric collects jewelery. I'm pretty sure I have all of the certed jewelery available, at least all the necklaces and pins. I have the "lucky silver pocketwatch". I'd love to get my hands on the 5000 GP dress that is in some mod I never played. I used up 2 necklaces of fireballs. I'm still trying to save the gold so I can craft Keoghtom's ointment-expensive but sooo useful. Would I fight for a suit of adamantine plate +5? Only if it was size small. I have a beautiful suit of elven chain that I cannot wear. I have items more suitable to a bard or rogue than a cleric, but somehow, I manage to use these items more often than not. Would I trade my hat of disguise? Sure. Would I GIVE IT AWAY? Not to someone I just met. Would I let that person use the hat in a mod? Absolutely. Would I trade the hat after the mod? Only if we had fun and left the table witha big smile across my face. I've given stuff away after a good laugh.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:09 am

It wasn't about what was posted here but about what was spoken at Origins how we should have equipped you guys or how I should have used my character's money to pay for Monica's item.

The same types of comments were drifting this way about Ramon and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, being greedy. They tried to coerce me into paying for all of your guys upgrades at Origins because I had the money to do it but refused.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:50 pm

NOW I'M GOING TO COMMENT ON THIS BULLSHIT!!!!
BE READY MOST OF YOU EARNED THIS SO DON'T ACT SURPRISED.
It wasn't about what was posted here but about what was spoken at Origins how we should have equipped you guys or how I should have used my character's money to pay for Monica's item.

The same types of comments were drifting this way about Ramon and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, being greedy. They tried to coerce me into paying for all of your guys upgrades at Origins because I had the money to do it but refused.

remember this whole thing is about me and ramon being greedy not about L.A. thats just a side factor you brought up P.J.
P.J. we know your a greedy bastard and thats why we take that into account for you, I never expect you to pay for anything, you play mainly as a one-man team never considering anyone but your objective only- sometimes it coincides with one of ours so we go with the flow but never think we trust you, you lost that long ago with your playing tactics.
I never told you to buy anything for monica and richard as I took that responsibility for myself as I know L.A. B.I.'s and thats why I assured their survivability that much more- I did not consider it an obligation to do so because I told pete and the others they know how to get things for themselves as they played longer. Ramon did it to test out the players but he did mainly charge them for part of the creation.

I have
them so.

Rene at no time did anyone say that I had to be venerated in any way, richard just mentioned that I was generous to him and that I do what I can to help out. You took it upon yourself to knock me down here several times even though you say that when I do something for others you back me up, but as I see you have not done what you say.
How many times have I held back from mentioning how you choose to play a character. We have discussed this at length about how you want to play one-dimensional(black & white) no other way to play and yet you say how much you can roleplay, its not about how to roleplay but how much diversity you can get off a character and that my friend is how roleplaying is to be. I think you tend to get a little too public when you post about us sometimes, believe me there are many things I have said to all of us in person that I don't post here because then it tends to make you seem that you don't even like that person and thats the impression you are giving to people- yes I know this because I have heard about this the laST FEW DAYS.
I appreciate that you are defending me but at the same time you are bashing me, if people want to express the fact that we have been generous to them thats ok no need to contradict, I'm sure richards a big boy and can take care of himself. No-ones perfect not ME, not you, not ramon, and definitely not P.J. so lets reset this post since it was originally about some halfing bard.
The first Arcanis BI that I ran at Winter Fantasy I gave away every wand, scroll, and potion that I had to the low-level tables. I even recomended when they should get the Charity die bumps-I had a group of 1st and 2nd lvl fighters-only fighters.
Someone tell Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and Ramone to look at this site and defend themselves. Besides, some of us have gamed with Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, for years. Its fun to bash him sometimes. Just pray he never swings at you with his old LC notebook!!

Ed, if you let Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, (and no one is as greedy as Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,)lead you down the path of promise of "phat loot", well, you should know better than to listen to Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,. How many times has it been where Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, says "lets play up" and everything has gone "tits up"? Don't listen to Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, anymore. Try to talk any innocents he is leading astray out of whatever foolishness he is cooking up.

Rob, you let this get out of hand yes I blame for this because you started this post and didn't keep to what it was about.
You help people out all the time with stuff and I don't bash you for it at all, I always tell you its your choice so if you don't get anything don't expect others to be like you and especially don't get mad at them, they choose to be how they want. I went into "night of Goss" for prestige and nothing more, can you honestly tell anyone you faced Radon Goss and are still around to mention it-NO!!!
No matter what sh*t anyone of you say we faced him and are still around so if you cowards didn't do it, then don't bitch about something you weren't going to do anyway. I play my character the way it should be played- I dont f*ck around because I dare to play a guy that many of you don't even have the balls to try to play because" oh no- someone won't like me if I play this"- LIVE WITH IT!!! some people won't like you anyway no matter what you play believe it.
Unless you were there rob don't make comments about what my intention was because my intentions go beyond what many of you think- its the way I am.
The only ones who should know I'm bashing them know who they are and will be posting back- watch, it will happen.

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:54 pm

Awww I've been out of the loop for like two weeks and it's good to see that nothing changes down here. :|
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:25 pm

Calm down, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,. I'm still a little miffed about thoses SPF1,000,000 vampires. I didn't want to play up with my underpowered character. You talked 2 other people into agreeing with you and we got our collective asses handed to us.

I was bumped from that "Night of Goss" table and replaced with Coldstone Dave. I have never had the chance(and probably will not get the chance) to face Raddon Goss. At least my humble bard can thawrt the minions of Raddon Goss.

Besides, this post left my control a long time ago. Many apologees for "fanning the flames".
Last edited by ScrollMasterRob on Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:39 pm

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, forgot that I posted previous that I am the greediest mother fucker out there and that I wasn't ragging on Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, I was complaining about the low-level characters and how the high-levels were expected to equip them. Heh, not from my account, no one handed me nothin'.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Evner

Postby Evner » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:26 pm

Ah, back to this. Come on, we had a go at an untiered encounter. The mod intro STATED there were untiered encounters. We did it anyways. Why? What's the point of playing if your going to survive every encounter? What did I say before we went in? "If your too attached to your character, walk away." Something along those lines I'm quite sure. We bit off more than we could chew and the dice didn't back us up. Had we gotten severely lucky and crushed him with a boudler, melted his face off, imprisoned him, or defeated him by some other ridiculous but equally unlikely way by rolling a slew of natural 20's, we'd still be in trouble. Other players probably wouldn't take too kindly to us bringing untiered loot to the table, and many others would have foolishly attempted it thinking that it's only a matter of skill. Everyone got their charater back and it's not too difficult to come across treasure whil adventuring in Blackmoor =/ Anyways, I look forward to getting TPK'd with you guys again soon.
-Cold Stone David
Ok to kick when feeling down.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:29 pm

We play mods to have fun. We don't want the writers to come up with horrible unbeatable death traps or broken monsters just so the writers can kill us in strange and gruesome new ways. I don't want Chris Reed style insanity of 60 Rule-bending templates attached to the most broken creature imaginable. If we are adventuring together and are TPKd in glorious battle, so be it. If someone flubs a piloting roll in a Star Wars game and we all die in transit to the adventure, that would just suck.

If I want to die over and over again during character creation, I'll play "Traveller."

If I want to die in strange and hillarious ways, I'll play "Paranoia".

Needles

Postby Needles » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:57 pm

You see Rob, Tad and the boys, I mean the Blackmoor boys that run their show, want it that way. I have heard that they want half the mods to be for the people play casually and the other half of the mods for those that min/max play power gamer style.

I have complained too; however, it has come to nothing. If Blackmoor wishes to be this way. I hope they deliver more certs that are helpfull to survive. +20 to a failed save for example, something like that.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

tadkil
Regular
Regular

Postby tadkil » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:06 pm

ScrollMasterRob wrote:We play mods to have fun. We don't want the writers to come up with horrible unbeatable death traps or broken monsters just so the writers can kill us in strange and gruesome new ways. I don't want Chris Reed style insanity of 60 Rule-bending templates attached to the most broken creature imaginable. If we are adventuring together and are TPKd in glorious battle, so be it. If someone flubs a piloting roll in a Star Wars game and we all die in transit to the adventure, that would just suck.

If I want to die over and over again during character creation, I'll play "Traveller."

If I want to die in strange and hillarious ways, I'll play "Paranoia".

How many times have you been killed?

thetrickygnome

Less rules.. less filling..

Postby thetrickygnome » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:10 pm

Rene at no time did anyone say that I had to be venerated in any way, richard just mentioned that I was generous to him and that I do what I can to help out. You took it upon yourself to knock me down here several times even though you say that when I do something for others you back me up, but as I see you have not done what you say.
How many times have I held back from mentioning how you choose to play a character. We have discussed this at length about how you want to play one-dimensional(black & white) no other way to play and yet you say how much you can roleplay, its not about how to roleplay but how much diversity you can get off a character and that my friend is how roleplaying is to be. I think you tend to get a little too public when you post about us sometimes, believe me there are many things I have said to all of us in person that I don't post here because then it tends to make you seem that you don't even like that person and thats the impression you are giving to people- yes I know this because I have heard about this the laST FEW DAYS.
I appreciate that you are defending me but at the same time you are bashing me, if people want to express the fact that we have been generous to them thats ok no need to contradict, I'm sure richards a big boy and can take care of himself. No-ones perfect not ME, not you, not ramon, and definitely not P.J. so lets reset this post since it was originally about some halfing bard.

My response was based on Richard admitting that he probably gives
you preferential treatment. If Richard thinks I have a grip against him
then that's crazy but since the rules on this board are so lax I can see
where he might get that wrong impression. You knock me for playing
one-dimensional PCs well that might be true. I've always told you that
aside from when I write my villians for mods, it's difficult for me to
play the role of miscreant, unscrupulous mercenary, or someone who
doesn't give a crap about anything. I can roleplay that but I don't like
roleplaying a negative, callous, or party destructive and manipulative
PCs. If that makes me less of a player or roleplayer then I accept that.
The question is not whether I can but rather the answer being that I
choose not to.

I have nothing against generosity. However, what characters do in
game should not always depend upon what players to outside of the
game. That is my point. I think PJ is a good hearted guy, albeit a little
crazy in real life but that does not mean because I think of his that way
in real life that my Ss'ressen Black Talon would ever trust the guy or
sign a contract with him. Same thing with your arcane warrior in
Blackmoor. Outside of the game we are friends who have played
together for many years and had, for the most part, a great time
doing so. That does not mean that in game my L/G dwarf who hates
persecution and the Wizards Cabal is going to buddy up to you due to
our out of game relationship. Sorry but we're oil and water.

There's no contradiction in my post. Anyways, we'll let things play out
as they will. This isn't worth laying emotional bruises on people I call
friends. I don't have those kinds of immortal longings. I do however
call things as I see them and that will never change. When we play
PCs in Blackmoor that get along, I'll play that way but when we play
PCs that would love to stick a hot poker up each others asses and
twist it, expect to get a truckload of crap from me.

I now return you to the regularly scheduled program about some
extraordinary bard.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

P.S. - Derrel Weaver said it best - " Stick to the mission and get the
job done. " I ignored that once and it cost me. I have not ignored that
since and things have been much better for it.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:36 am

Rene I don't think you have a gripe against me and I sure don't have one against you. When I game I give Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, no preferential treatment. When I was refering to Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, that I was generous to him it was nothing more then stating the obvious and backing him up. When there is a bunch of people ganging up on one person and I think its unwarranted I speak my mind and I have a tendency to point out good things about people instead of the negative. Probably my best course of action would be let Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and Ramon do there own defending. Those 2 have some thick skin and lay the smack down a lot better then me.

Return to “Blackmoor”