Bullshit ravings and useless commentary!!!!!!

The other D&D meat.

Moderators: MorganWolf, Ozymandius, Jay

Needles
Slave to this message board

Re: Here's what I'm saying

Postby Needles » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:33 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:
I should be rolling a red carpet out in front of him every time he walks into Sunshine or designing a gold crown to put on his head and a scepter for him to carry.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

All hail KING Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,!!! LOL
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: No disrespect but the truth

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:04 pm

Thanos wrote:
thetrickygnome wrote:Richard, dont take this the wrong way but I think sometimes you go
out of the way to put Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, on a high pedestal. I'll be the first to admit
that he is the MAJOR mover and shaker of D&D down here and has done
alot of good things for players but having played D&D with him for the
last 7 years, he does have a streak of greediness in him that stretches
back to the LC days. One time he pushed us hard to play a mod where
we were way in over our head just because he had found out there were
Bracers of Armor +8 in it. It was a cert that anyone could get but he
acting like if he set up a table to play the game that he would suddenly
be the only person who was eligible to have the item even though it was
open to everyone. I was playing my gnome cleric/rogue of the trickster
god Baravar Cloakshadow at the time and I told him " If you think I'm
not going for those Bracers then you are nuts. You put me in the game &
those Bracers are fair game for me and anyone else. Only thru DM
mercy did we get out of it alive AND with no bracers because we fled.

This is not the only instance that he has done stuff like this. In LA I had
to sit htere and debate why my frontline fighter thug Black Talon
deserved a Bracers of Armor +1 with Moderate Fortification and the a
feat that lets you avoid a number of AOO attacks equal to your Dexterity
modifier and his 14th or 15th level cleric with access to a billion buff
and damage spells did not. Thank God the rest of my party spoke up
for me.

So while I appreciate what Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, does for the community, let's not get
caught up in anything that resembles hero worship of the guy. This is
why I like the AR system because certs often bring out the monster of
greed in people and hardcore players who are always looking to push
the power limits of their PCs thrive on certs.

I rarely if ever fight for a cert unless it is REALLY specific to my PC or
the type of PC I'm playing. If I was playing a thug fighter, I would stay
claer of a headband of intellect for example, unless I intended to get
the Combat Expertise feat or another fighter feat that depended on
Intelligence.

In that Blackmoor mod, the smartest guy at the table was David
McPike and his opinion, sadly enough, was ignored by the whole party
as far as I understand it. Like Derrel Weaver once told me "stick to
the mission and get the job done". I wish David would have grabbed
that item and ran out the door. I also don't think putting it on a
donkey was a good idea because sending thru the portal, anyone that
saw it could have taken the equipment off the donkey, including the
item, and run away with it.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

I stand by what I say I have played plenty of games with Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, in the last 3 years and never has there been a loot issue or an instant I felt he was being greedy. When was the last time you felt Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, was greedy? 3,4,5,6,7 years ago?

Ive have played up plenty of times with him and I was like whao wtf have gotten myself into but in the end it was my choice and the rest of the party agreed to play up too. So if playing up is greedy in your eyes I guess Ive done it enough to be greedy too. I think calling someone greedy is a pretty serious charge and not something to be thrown around lightly.

If am overly generous to Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, I will accept that but maybe a few of you should accept you are overly hard on him.

I got a date for you Richard. One week before Origins during a Living Arcanis game Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, took the most expensive item on the table citing he could use it as the main means for him to take it. Matt could have used it too but Matt said it was crap and would rather take something he could use. I was there, Ramon, Matt, Steve and Rene. We saw what Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, did, take it for the money, it was worth 25,000 gp. Did we say anything? No cause we didn't give a sh*t about him taking it cause we knew that's what he does, best proof of it is to sit at a Blackmoor module written by myself or Greg and see what happens when the loot comes down. You haven't noticed it Richard cause you're a cleric and most of your gear is in the rear with you and doesn't come up much. But try playing a tank with Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and you'll run into an argument. Five gold says so.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:01 pm

I'm happy with disposable items because
a)they are useful
b)usually inexpensive
c)I always find some crazy way to use them-remember the QFT Boat?
d)I always find a good moment to use them-Incence of Meditation at the Arcanis BI.

Since I'm the healing/support cleric and not the front line fighting cleric, I don't need crazy weaponry. Armor is nice. Next Blackmoor adventure we play with Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, I'll let him get swallowed by the big grappling monsters that just love to chew on him. Then I'll pour a bag of sugar over his remains.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:41 am

I just find it funny that the 2 most greedy people cited here also seem to be the most charitable.

Both Ramon and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, twinked up the low levels at origins. Ive never seen anyone else give items away except for Monica.

I guess both Ramon and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, are like Robin hood. Steal from you rich uncharitable high level bitches and give to us poor low level bitches. :D

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:44 am

Don't confuse me with Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, or Ramon I am greedy to the gills. Remember that fact well. I did finance Ramon's projects in Living Arcanis for a while, which was how he made most of his items, but then I realized, sh*t he's playing just as much as me and he's not using his gold as much as I am so I stopped dishing out the cash.

In Living Arcanis if you keep getting everything handed to you then you aren't going to learn the value of good items and quick thinking when you haven nothing but a sap and ten shots of blastpowder to fight with. We learned the hard way, losing characters in stupid situations because we didn't have the gear to fight or the stat bump items to help us make those rolls.

It's the same in Blackmoor, however my generosity is much more visable there. To date I have crafted more gear for other people than for myself, I've only made three items for myself while the rest was for other players mainly at MegaCon and DragonCon. I've outfitted friends, enemies and those who could pay my 70% of normal prices for crafting (i.e. if it costs 1,000 to purchase it then it will cost you 700 to craft it with me). I haven't done it recently because I had to hold back on my crafting so I would have time units, but rest assured at The Summoning and DragonCon I'll be opening my stores again to begin crafting.

Ask Dallas! and her husband where many of their upgrades came from. I did them because I owed them favors, the same with Tara and even Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, has come to me to craft him items. I have only turned him down once citing a lack of TUs thanks to Tad but he got his item in the end.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:57 am

The first Arcanis BI that I ran at Winter Fantasy I gave away every wand, scroll, and potion that I had to the low-level tables. I even recomended when they should get the Charity die bumps-I had a group of 1st and 2nd lvl fighters-only fighters.

I was trying to help the newbies have fun. They did. They survived. They said "Thank YOU". The first Battle of Semar was a succcess.

Someone told Henry what a nice guy I was, and Henry gave me a stern "Don't do that again". I gave away all that healing hours before the BI started.
Last edited by ScrollMasterRob on Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

thetrickygnome

Yuck.. hero worship

Postby thetrickygnome » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:00 am

Well for the record, I never said anything about Ramon. I can't
remember ever having any serious problems with Ramon with regards
to the distribution of certs. If other people have then I guess that is
an issue between them and Ramon.

You are grossly misunderstanding what I am saying. I am not saying
that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is overwhelmingly greedy nor am I implying that he is the
only person who I have ever seen that suffers from the greed bug.
HOWEVER... one thing that is prevalent in his characters is the need to
try and be and do everything for the party. That's why he went affter
the bracers of fortification in LA that I ended up with. The guy had 13-
14 levels of cleric under his belt and was still fighting for the bracers
while me, the 13-14 level fighter who consistently step up to combat
with ZERO self-healing ability or spells to buff/back me up was trying
for the bracers as well. Please explain to me the logic or fairness in
that.

Dude, if you want to prop Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, up on the almighty Pedestal of D&D
Godliness, go right ahead. As a friend of his and I think this goes for
anyone who is my friend or considers me their friend, I reserve the
right to voice my opinion when I think something unfair is going down.
If you want to ignore unfairness because of everything that someone
does for the game, that is your business. I've lost count of how many
times me and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, have butted heads over the years on issues yet
he's one of the first people I call when I have movie passes and the
first guy I call when I have a slot 0 for a mod I wrote so obviously the
right things he does outweight the wrong. Still, I think it's silly & simply
unethical to say, " Well since you do so much for the gaming
community, you can do whatever you want and that's okay by me."
Sorry, it doesn't work that way. To use an odd but I think viable
comparison, just because the Mafia uses alot of its money gained from
drug sales, prostitution, retail goods theft, and money laundering to
invest in legitimate businesses and even donate to charity does not
justify their existence or cleanse them of wrongdoing.

I am not comparing Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, to someone in the Mafia ( although I find it
ironically funny that he has gained the name Godfather of gaming for
our region ) because like I said before I think he is a good person
with faults, just like you and me. However, the attitude of " He does so
much for the region so if he wants to stiff people on certs every so
often or never eat a mod or do other slightly questionable stuff is
okay" is utterly ridiculous and I would say that about anyone who is
in a similair position as Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,.

In any case, you do whatever you want. If you want to shower Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,
with accolades or generosity then feel free to do so as that is your
business. As far as I'm concerned, he has earned alot of things with
all the stuff he has done for the region but that does not give him
carte blanche to do WHATEVER he wants. And if I'm hards on Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,
sometimes it's because of the Spiderman creed "With great power
comes great responsibility". If Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is going to carry the mantle -
and apparently he does because no one works harder than him on a
local game organizing level- then by default more is expected out of
him than a rookie. Plus, few people know the rules of operation better
than him so again, by default more is expected out of him. Maybe
when more people on a lcoal level step up and start carrying the torch
a bit more then this might change.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:08 am

At least Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, doesn't make any of his characters like his old LC character. MorganWolf had 6 or 7 base classes and at least 2 prestige. When the certs came out, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, was always able to claim "I could use that". And boy could he use alot.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:15 am

Rob you should have seen that interactive table we sat at! I found it funny that the Tank and the Patrician were, "The First To Go And Last To Know" when it came to situations. I would dimension door the tank into combat, then he would come out of delay and smash the sh*t out of everything, and hopefully my Sanctuary would protect me from the rest of the creatures. I got to play troop transport and move him about the battlefield while he covered me with his extended reach. We made a great team, looking forward to playing with him again.
- Philip Slama

Xylona Ajani

Postby Xylona Ajani » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:59 pm

I have to agree with Richard. How funny that the greediest players that are mentioned are the only ones that help my LA character out for the BI as well. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, who gave my character money (the whole amount of the cost and more) so that she could buy her monk belt. Also, Ramon crafted two awesome items for my character as well. Not cheap ones I must say. We all as individuals and players have good things and bad things about ourselves, but I do not find it appropriate to be calling it out for public view on the boards. I only could post goods things about the people I have played with, if I happen to have a bad circumstance with any person I would call them personally and privately to discuss. If that person is the one that post the problem on the boards then all conditions are off. All I see in these previous posts is who can type up more s---. I agree that with leadership comes a lot of responsibility, but I do not believe that any person deserves crap (in public) from most importantly their friends. These are my person observation: Ramon is such a good hearted person that always wants the best for everyone. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is always going out of his way to please everyone and accommodate everyone so that everyone can have fun. Peter is full of surprises and is always willing to give you advice. Rene is so brilliant with words that you just cannot help and listen to his words and storylines. Richard is so down to earth that is such a breath of fresh air. I just cannot stand to hear things that reflected anything other than good stuff when it comes to the people I play with. We as individuals are not perfect, that is what makes us so different and amazing. Trust in what I say based on that my thoughts and opinions are 70% of the times different from everyone else based on that the majority of the players have a different chromosomes then me and see things complete different than me. That is what makes it so interesting. But never the less will I post unkind thing on the boards, especially when it comes to friends. That is my two cents. :wink:

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:11 pm

Here let me paint this with words you'll all understand:

Question: "What high level characters helped out my low-level character in Living Arcanis when I asked for money?"

Answer: "Fucking no-one because at level three I was a 'high level' character in the campaign."

Sorry but I'm going to take the capitalistic approach to this problem and say go out and get a job adventuring. That's where I made all of my money, I couldn't ask for things, hell Ramon only started making items for me and I had to pay him. Since we've been out of the loop of Living Arcanis for so long we haven't been to marketplaces recently and we've been sitting on large sums of money. Do I feel sorry that your characters are poor, hell no, better you than me. In Living Greyhawk you don't get sh*t from higher level players, in Blackmoor we're all the same level about and you're all complaining; look at it this way, just do what we do and play the game, take all the money and not spend it on lavish things. This whole high-level characters should help out low-level characters is bullshit. Why don't you give my level one character in Arcanis some gold and items while you feel like griping about our characters.

Ramon and I thought it was funny as hell that this argument spun out like this because people believe that the "high level" characters are "obligated" to help the lower ones. I say work for it, no one handed anything over here my way so why should we make it easier for people? Remember in Living Arcanis it's kill or be killed; there is no room for weak characters who can't make it on their own.

Of course I should know better than everyone, I rarely spent my money in Arcanis. My best item that I've got is my +3 Light Fortification Mithral Chain Shirt I own. Everything else are certificates that I've found in the game. That's how I got to the point I'm at, not charity but hard work fighting the man and the system.

Next time you go to Origins try and ask other "high level" characters for money who aren't your friends. Trust me, they'll same the same thing as I did, "Hell No!"
- Philip Slama

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:06 pm

LoL nice rant. Who said high levels are obligated to give low levels money?

Maybe my reading comprehension is off but as far as I know your rant has nothing to do with anything that was mentioned in this thread. I can't imagine anyone asking you for anything. But If they did Don't worry I am sure no one is going to ask anything from your poor oppressed greedy betraying ass after that rant. So your safe. :o :roll:

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:37 pm

Both Ramon and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, twinked up the low levels at origins. Ive never seen anyone else give items away except for Monica.

You said this in the above portion.
- Philip Slama

Xylona Ajani

Postby Xylona Ajani » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:45 pm

As it can be noted PJ, you need to read what was written. The point that was being made was that how funny it was that the two individuals that were mentioned to be the greediest, where the only ones who helped any other players, at their own willingness. Not saying anything about high level having to give to the low level characters. Read first, then write. If you just have to type to write something, because you want to be part of a slave to this message board, at least keep on the subject at hand. :wink:

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:48 pm

And how does that equate to me saying that high levels are obligated to twink low levels?

That statement was in defense of Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and Ramon being called greedy.

Sheesh talk about making stuff up.

Maybe you should re-read what I wrote.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just find it funny that the 2 most greedy people cited here also seem to be the most charitable.

Return to “Blackmoor”