Musings on being a "Gamer"

This is the area for posts that have gone way off topic.
The Heretic
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Postby The Heretic » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:54 am

Oh Yeah. met him. and glad to be rid of him.
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

VST

Flammage

Postby VST » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:03 am

So Im perusing this forum looking to see replies to Cam recruitment and see this whole long tirade of almost 4 years ago. Now I think if Im gonna be called an "asswipe" or "bumped" it is for actions that I truly did not speculation.

One my name is Jorge Reyeros yes I have played in the roleplaying community of an on since I got down here in 1997. Do I know some of the people that posted on this string of posts almost 4 yrs ago? answer yes and no. As for me posting messages that started this whole debacle 4 yrs ago answer is no. Yes I worked at the University and I currently am working during my summer vacation from teaching but at the time of those post I was not the only person working at UM who would have enjoyed making it look like I did it. (i.e. Personal conflict with an ex girlfriend which I do not deem pertinent to the issue). I have read these posts and I see a huge amount of inconsistencies, why would I ridicule the very community and the people who are in it if I myself still participate in roleplaying in the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale area. Secondly, for those who do know me, I am in no way a perfect physical specimen, I am husky guy and have been since high school, and I would simply be a complete retard to make fun of a segment of society which I myself belong to.
I will admit, I have had personal conflicts with people, I have tried to mend some and have completely forsaken others but I do not think it is fair to be accused of actions I did not due, and which there is little to no evidence proving with a 100 percent surety.

If people dont like me thats fine this isnt a perfect world but dont like me for the actions I commited not actions that have no foundation and which I did not commit.
I came on here to try to see if an interest in Larping still existed in Miami and if people were interested in the Camarilla Fan club. I did not come here to cause a ruckus or participate in name calling or just all around muck racking. In addition, I came with the hope that the gaming community in Miami which we are all apart of in one way or another would be interested in coming together. I'm sure as hell not trying to make a rainbow coalition of gaming love to reign supreme down here in Miami cause I know in some cases that just may not be possible. But at least a community based on civility could be arranged. No?

Jorge Reyeros
VST of Miami Chapter

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:36 am

I bring it up not to point blame.
I bring it up as a reminder.

If it wasn't you then, fine no harm no foul, lets move along and see what we can do to bring more interest in the larping community.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

VST

Postby VST » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:55 am

Thank you

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:04 pm

VST wrote:Thank you

Did you play is Chris' LARP round '03/'04?

Does Abandon Steak mean anything to you?

Miajay1980

Postby Miajay1980 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:57 pm

Is this Eric?

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:46 pm

Miajay1980 wrote:Is this Eric?

No, he said he's Jorge.

VST

Postby VST » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:58 pm

Well though I can not take credit for the Awesomeness that is "Abandon Steak" for that squarely falls upon the shoulders of the dread pirate Canoso or Escalona.... However, I can admit to have been privy to that tome of knowledge..... ABANDON STEAK!!!!!.... And my favorite SOMB

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:55 am

VST wrote:Well though I can not take credit for the Awesomeness that is "Abandon Steak" for that squarely falls upon the shoulders of the dread pirate Canoso or Escalona.... However, I can admit to have been privy to that tome of knowledge..... ABANDON STEAK!!!!!.... And my favorite SOMB

There were others there at the birth of Abandon Steak. :lol:

Return to “Pointless Drivel”