crap

This is the area for posts that have gone way off topic.
Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:40 pm

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:I hear that now if you are a sorc character, and you get captured..

you only lose 1 time unit and some coin?

Also, has anyone tried to kill Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, man if I was still playing Blackmore I think I would have killed him by now

I think that only happens if you are in a major city that has a cabal headquarters. If you are in the dungeon,out in the woods, in a town with no cabal... sorc can cast away with no fear of Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,.

Usually when Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, arrests someone he has lots of NPC friends ;)

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:24 pm

i have almost killed Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, twice, yet he ran or just pulled something out of his ass. Yet i am not trying to kill him, just morals come in to play, and the lesser of two evils.
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:23 am

YOU WANT TO KILL ME, BRING IT MARIO, DONT TALK sh*t i TOOK A WHOLE PARTY FOR 3 ROUNDS WITH YOU THERE. I ONLY STOPPED BECAUSE YOU WERE GOING TO KILL A FELLOW ARCANE WARRIOR. TRY TO TAKE ON A PARTY YOU WOULDN'T LAST TO THE 2ND ROUND.

THIS RESPONSE IS FOR TALKING SHIT- BRING IT OR SHUT YAP!!!
I KNOW OF YOUR PLOT TO KILL ME FOR A LONG TIME NOW, EITHER GET WITH THE PROGRAM OR DON'T WASTE MY TIME.

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Dwraith » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:06 am

My Plot? My Plot??? I am not trying to kill you, I am trying to take the whole cabal down! Your just one of it's puppets!!!
Stargate Universe

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:28 am

How evil can you be?

Simple. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s character is two dimenional and not all that tough to take down. Yes he has Arcane Warrior powers which prove to be a nusience however his character is dependent on his ability to engage a player in one-on-one "melee" attacks. As a Wizard of 8th level, and a Thrall of the Egg of Coot, I could singlehandedly take down Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s character with little or no exertion from my character.

The reason I can make this claim and make it boldly and without malice is the simple fact that I am right. No where in Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s build does he account for arial attacks or no save spells (sorry Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, it's the truth).

Second his character is based around the melee concept of fighting and for an Arcane Warrior that is a serious flaw in the design. If you can defend yourself against fliers and other arial attacks then you are going to die quickly and without doing much to your opponent.

Third, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, claims to have many awesome items at his disposal, however they are limited to mainly melee and armor items that do not help his overall ability to deal with other compromising situations in combat.

There are several spells that would seriously encumber Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s Arcane Warrior and prevent him for effectively carrying out his tasks. Also the fact that he seems to have strong support from NPCs is his only bright spot. They have covered for him from time to time and prevented other players from laying the final blow.

Charlie Watkins gave me a message that said, "If Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, drops his guard or looks really beat up I'm going to stab him in the back and kill him"

I laughed so hard when I read that note to the GM.

The simple fact is Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is an impressive fighter, but I shudder to think what would happen if he went up against Ramon or Nice or Myself in combat. My spell-list alone would be enough to do him in not to mention my restricted spell list.

Point being, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s character is strong, not indestructible, besides, if you really want to mess with him tell him you are casting a beneficial spell. Then let him spellcraft it. Keep him paranoid to the end like Mr. Guillen.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:12 pm

Thanos wrote:
Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, The Stat Monkey God,, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:I hear that now if you are a sorc character, and you get captured..

you only lose 1 time unit and some coin?

Also, has anyone tried to kill Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, man if I was still playing Blackmore I think I would have killed him by now

I think that only happens if you are in a major city that has a cabal headquarters. If you are in the dungeon,out in the woods, in a town with no cabal... sorc can cast away with no fear of Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,.

Usually when Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, arrests someone he has lots of NPC friends ;)

No,

My point was that, if a sorc gets captured they only lose 1 TU? If you play a sorc in Blackmore, you should run the risk that you will lose your character... for ever.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Because the Wizard's Cabal was not formed with that intent in mind.

Never was, never will be.

They wish to question you, however if you become a nusience and constantly thwart the Wizard's Cabal Iwouldn't put it past them to "re-educate" you.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Needles
Slave to this message board

Postby Needles » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:33 pm

We little members of the Cabal are not Evil. We are just miss understood by the crowd thanks to PJ.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:02 pm

You are not misunderstood, you are mis-represented.

Read your sourcebook, even Skelfer though the Wizard's Cabal was corrupt.

Besides, I've got a Sorcerer character, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, just hasn't caught me yet and I've played with him many times!

Uh, I believe it's up to nine modules now!
- Philip Slama

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:13 am

Ozymandius wrote:You are not misunderstood, you are mis-represented.

Read your sourcebook, even Skelfer though the Wizard's Cabal was corrupt.

Besides, I've got a Sorcerer character, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, just hasn't caught me yet and I've played with him many times!

Uh, I believe it's up to nine modules now!

Oh Boooo!

Oh well... that sucks one of the few things I thought was cool about blackmore was.... "an evil Wizard's Cabal" that the players would be trying to protect Sorcs from... that would have been the sweet ...
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:00 pm

See Peewee, The Stat Monkey God, that's why its fun to listen to you, you make a lot of assumptions and then when you find out you're wrong you're dissapointed.

The Wizard's Cabal is an evil organization with good people in it.
They do terrible things to Sorcerers but cover it up.
There are members who don't have the proof yet, but they see problems.
There are members who directly oppose the organization.
There are members who are oblivious to the problem.
Others openly attack the organization from within.

You've missed a lot, the Wizard's Cabal was on the Brink of Destruction at DragonCon last year. They've been having a rough time.

Besides, Ramon goes way out of his way to prevent the arrest of Sorcerers, he even did jail time for them...

It's big time fights over that kind of stuff and I will be reconciling the story soon.
- Philip Slama

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Dwraith » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:15 pm

One of MANY reasons i am loving blackmoor. The Civil Strife is great!
Stargate Universe

Needles

Postby Needles » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:30 pm

It is unlawful for a Paladin to rebel against such a good organization as the Wizard Cabal. The Wizards Cabal keeps king Uther alive and the country of Blackmoor. To think that the Cabal is evil is preposterous, trade and, travel is a privilege because the Cabal wills it. Without the Cabal, you would not be able to travel from country to country. Because, all the enemies of Blackmoor would not allow travel or trade you have today if Blackmoor was taken over by one of them.

You would not have the trade that you have today in Blackmoor. If Blackmoor was taken over by its enemies, it would end up like a Communist Country where the state takes over. Long Live the Cabal! This is the kind of organization Paladins would die for and support for it is a great cause. The kind of organization to join since you can not beat the Cabal. All hail king Uther and the Cabal.

To love king Uther is to love the Cabal, to love the Cabal is to love king Uther. If you hate one and not the other, you are fooling yourself for you actually hate both. All hail king Uther and the Cabal.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Dwraith » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:03 pm

My loyaties are the my dwarven brothers and sisters of the regent of the mines. Remember we are allies, yet the laws of blackmoor do not apply in our lands, we are just coniderate of others. Even the dwarves are distrustful of the cabel, yet the cabel need to dwarves to mine there spell focus for them. Careful in our lands our you may be added to the orc road numbers.
Stargate Universe

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:00 pm

I dont think everyone knows what they are doing is wrong. I sometimes people truly believe the things they are doing is right. The average person in Blackmoor is scared to death of sorcerors. That is why sorceror gangs have appeared. While the wizard cabal themselves believe that the sorcerors havent recieved enough training to control there power as it comes to them naturally and not through study. They believe this makes them dangerous. This is why they are hunted.

Messed up point of view but hey, half our country thought slavery was right for hundreds of years.
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

Return to “Pointless Drivel”