Confound the Big Folk

This is the area for posts that have gone way off topic.
lostpike
I really like Roleplaying

Confound the Big Folk

Postby lostpike » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:10 am

OK...i am a little confused on this ability....so say I am a hafling....How do I go about sharing the same square with a Large creature so they are always flatfooted?
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

Needles
Slave to this message board

Postby Needles » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:15 pm

As far as I can tell, you just move in. I don't have the books in front of me, but if you have enough movement to move into the square as if the creature was not there you can just move in. With the creature in a square there is no other modifier or penalty to move in, as far as I can remember.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:51 pm

So as a small creature i can technically end my move in the same square as an enemy? Or does it have to be large?

the wildest tales."

David

Needles

Postby Needles » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:04 pm

Only if you have the feat, underfoot fighting, the creature has to be large and you have to be small. With out the feat the creature has to be huge and you small. Note, in combat with the same size creatures or one size above you. You cannot end your turn willingly in a friendly space or an enemy's space. Also, according to the players handbook, when you accupy a space of a creature that is larger than you, everyone has flanking that is next to that creature. I'll have to check up on the rules on that one I'm doing it off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure I'm right though.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:00 pm

thats fine....those still make for some nastiness with a halfling rogue....

the wildest tales."

David

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:09 pm

so at 10th level then...I could make an arcane archer with confound the little folk who could automatically sneak attack for 126 points of damage as long as he doesnt roll a one.

(practiced spellcaster +3levels, scorching Ray/3 rays(maximized) touch attack, sneak attack with confound the big folk<or G. Invisibility> +3d6 each)=126 points no saving throw with three rolls of anything but a 1.

AKA arcane archers can be nasty

the wildest tales."

David

Needles

Postby Needles » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:50 pm

Sorry to pop your bubble. If I read your post right, you are adding sneak attack and what not to each scorching ray. Oops, according to the complete arcane, all bonus dice and damage from whatever source is only added once if that source is shot at the same time. Not to each scorching ray or arrow from many shot or whatever source you are using.

In other words, if I am a rogue with 4d6 sneak attack and Point blank shot. I get to add 4d6 and a +1 for Point blank shot to only one attack if I get multiple attacks in one standard action. Multiple attacks in a standard action are spells that give multiple shots for a standard action such as scorching ray. Another example would be many shot. With many shot, you shoot multiple arrows for a standard action. In these cases you add 4d6 +1 to only one scorching ray or one arrow.

However, the same rogue would add 4d6 +1 per arrow if he shot them as a full round action. You get to add the bonus damage to each separate shot as long as it is not done as a standard action. Therefore, each attack is considered separately.

To be proper, if you shot a maximized scorching ray, the rays are maximized, the sneak attack is not maximized and still rolled.

Another example of this is a maximized, empowered fireball. A 10d6 fireball is maximized but the empowered part is rolled then halved. In other words, a maximized spell is treated as a maximized spell by itself. Any damage dice beyond the maximized fireball is treated differently.
This is out of both the players handbook, errata on the wotc site, and the complete arcane. I hope I haven’t confused you.

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:07 pm

its mean to pop peoples bubbles!

But it would be maximized and the sneak attack added if i targeted multiple targets!!!

and still 72pts+3d6 aint bad to be almost automatically doing!

Unless you know a better way to max out an arcane trickster?

the wildest tales."

David

Needles

Postby Needles » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:30 pm

I know this thirteenth level guy with duel wand wielding who uses a ten die six wand of force orb plus his sneak attack, and a wand of scorching ray plus his sneak attack, cause it is from two seperate attacks. :D

I don't know his sneak attack damage.

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:44 pm

Paulie is the man.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

Return to “Pointless Drivel”