Staffs, Wands and Scrolls

This is the area for posts that have gone way off topic.
Needles
Slave to this message board

Staffs, Wands and Scrolls

Postby Needles » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:01 pm

I'm a little disappointed with an arcane spell castors list of offensive magical items. Scrolls are always done with the weakest parameters, even if you make them. Wands are done the same way. Thus, saves and damage are always at the minimum. This is okay for first to eigth level but not for higher levels.

Staffs ore okay till about 13th level, then the power begins to taper off. Most staffs with spells on them have first to fourth level spells. Those staffs with higher level spells are rediculously expensive. The damage begins to be limited once you get over twelvth level with the exception of a few staffs. There ought to be staffs allowed with one spell attached to them to make them cheaper. Therefore, you can make staffs with high level spells in them.

Anyone out there feel the same way as I do. Spells, which you are supposed to start out with, are the one thing that increases with power as you go up in level, and once you run out of them you rely on scrolls, wands, and staffs. There is not too much else to an arcane spell caster.

What do you all think?
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:33 pm

What?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH... My friend in LA staffs are the SHIZIT! Staff of Fire is a money maker in our group. Ruben and Ramon have on each! A cube of force should also be in your line up. However now that Ramon stepped up and neutered the staffs after proving how CRACKED they can get the fun ended before it started :|] !

But still, cracked offensive items still exist.

In LG scrolls YOU make rock! I can tell you this, if Rob ever made scrolls people would be dying in record numbers...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:12 pm

Tell me how these staffs are the shiznit?

The higher Rob gets in level the less his scrolls become effective. That first level grease spell with a reflex save of 11 kinda sucks it from the bucket.

Needles

Postby Needles » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:14 pm

I was logged in but somehow it knocked me out. I thought it was strange when I posted that message
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Return to “Pointless Drivel”