WAS: Thank you Arcanis Organizers.

This is the area for posts that have gone way off topic.
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:25 am

Man if you got sherwood to post you are skayrewed! Anyway, take to the arena!
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:00 pm

Lord Neden wrote:You are right, if you go before me, I will likely lose. But if I go first, you are SoL.

Ramon: apparently "you just don't get it," so I think we will just have to agree to disagree here. Obviously if the fight is indoors or I go first, you lose. But even if it's outdoors AND you go first, you still lose. Allow me to illustrate. It's like heads I win, tails you lose. :D

Lord Neden wrote:Remember, I have the same amount of chances of critting you than you do of me with the same bonus thanks to spikes.

Look, obvously Spikes allows for nasty damage, I won't debate that. As for critting, I get 3 attacks a round if I fight with 2 weapons. So the chances to get a crit if you roll 3 dice, are better than if you roll 2.

Lord Neden wrote:When I am divine Powered and Bull STrengthed, my STR becomes a 22.

Okay man, apparently you didn't catch this the first time I pointed it out. THOSE SPELLS DO NOT STACK! THEY ARE BOTH ENHANCEMENT BONUSES.
AT BEST, YOUR STRENGTH IS 18, and even then for only a few rounds.

Lord Neden wrote:So while those spells are active, I stand a VERY good chance at breaking grapple.

Okay, so I run around for 5 rounds, then you're back to an 8 strength, now what? You think 8 strength will will win many grapples against my 22 strength? If you say so. :wink:

Lord Neden wrote:Chances are I will get a command on you off.
Which is gonna delay me what, a round? IF I FAIL.

Lord Neden wrote: Not to mention that you will likely miss with your bow, especially if you ready an action, you only get to fire once per round in that instance.

Sure but if I hit that is one less spell you get off, plus damage.
The fact is that even if you go up in the air and cast a million spells you still lose. When you come down, I just grapple you (WHICH WE ALREADY ESTABLISHED WILL HAPPEN, because you only get 1 AOO) or I run around for a few rounds till your spells run out. Either way, you lose.
Remember that many of your spells last 1 rd/ level so unless you cast them all at the same time and then get instantaneously teleported adjacent to me in the same round, many of them will only apply to combat for 1-5 rounds. And that is assuming I don't run around for a few rounds, because then you're just out of gas.

Look man, your guy can turn undead better than mine, can heal better than mine, can diplomize better than mine, and can cook a great caserole, but he can't FIGHT better than my guy. That is all I do is fight. The balance of this game would be a PILE OF sh*t, if a cleric would be able to beat a straight warrior of the same level in combat, one on one (ESPECIALLY AT LOW-MID levels). So, I reiterrate: YOU CANNOT BEAT ME IN COMBAT, ABSENT SOME EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Like Lynn said, "apprende tu lugar!" :|]
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:24 pm

Alright we have two people who are ready for the arena. I say we hold a mock battle at Outland to see who would win. We'll put the Living Arcanis: Miami Title on the line. Whoever wins becomes champion! I MacGyver val'Mehan will be your host for this historic event. Please remember that this is in no way affiliated with what Henry said.

(BTW Rene, I would love to be your agent!)

We could have our own International Gladitorial Confederation. Our own little thing to have just to screw around with for our own amusement. Ya know, metagame outside the game (place some bets, ya know).
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:48 am

Dude, you have the AUDACITY to tell me that *I* am overconfident?!!!
Oh my god, talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
Just because I can beat YOUR SORRY ASS doesn't mean I am too confident, it just makes me perfectly rational. :D

You are the one who think he can come up with all these combos that are unbeatable. I just make simple characters and fight stuff man.

And a 13 strength with Bull strength?!? OH NO, now I'm REALLY scared! :wink:

C'mon man, why would I rage just to run around?! I wouldn't rage until you are grappled and ready to die.
And you DOUBT I will get a grapple off? Even if we had the same strength, all I have to do is beat your roll. That's it.

As for BS & DP, they DO NOT STACK IN 3.0!! GO READ THE 3.0 PHB like I DID. They are both ENHANCEMENT BONUSES, the same bonuses don't stack.

Apparently, you have realized you can't beat me in combat, so now you're coming up with alternative strategies, but believe me they are all futile.
I assure you I have MORE than TWO magic gladiuses, including one made of light (try shattering that one). :wink:

As for Hold person, sure, if you cast that AND I fail you win. Happy?
But that is still NOT BEATING ME IN COMBAT. In combat I own your happy ass. :D
And hold person would wreck anyone, it's way TOO overpowered.

Believe me, many of your spells have a range of 40 ft. Trust me that if you are getting within 40 feet of me it's because 1) I am letting you, 2) most of your spells wore off and 3) it's time for you to die. :|]

Oh, and by the way, your frog can't make touch attacks for your spells unless you're a 3rd level arcane caster. Nice try though.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:01 pm

Lord Neden wrote: And if you are waiting to rage until you grapple me, then you are doomed with the will saves. The curses will kill you.

That is ASSUMING I don't save against the dooms which is not likely. If I don't rage I don't get +2 more, that's it. Trust me, my Will save is still pretty solid for a fighter type, even without that +2.

Ramon: It has become increasingly CLEAR to me that you have a comprehension problem when it comes to understanding that my guy can whoop your guy's ass any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
I have presented solid reasons and arguments why I would defeat your guy.
Your response has been to cite every spell in every core & d20 book available to clerics; I REMAIN UNIMPRESSED!
The only way you beat me is if you get off a hold person spell, and that would defeat anyone.
At this point I am done talking, when you are ready to get your ass handed to you, let me know. :wink:

[url]

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:20 pm

omg. my eyes they bleed.
this post to pointless drivel
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:30 pm

Hmmm.... Looks like someone is posting to post to raise their posts. Very interesting this post with the bleeding eyes as a post to post...

Why don't Rene and Ramon just battle it out unofficially so we can finally put this issue of who can whoop who's ass? I mean damn, this will be our own little LAMAINIA I. I can see it now. The Forgotten One vs. Ramon's character (sorry don't know the name) we've been getting so much hype about this fight I say it's time to get it on. sh*t, why not, if you both come to the game day show up a little early and we end this discussion with a 1 on 1 match of the century!
- Philip Slama

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:47 pm

Shut up ho. you my bitch!
j/k
no i got tired of the posting and moved the thread.

Anyways we need to make something called D&D ultimate gamer challenge.
Where you get 10 levels to cheese weasel as best you can and then you go at it like gladiators in the arena.
That's the best way to settle who is the "Ultimate Cheese Weasel"
Now, "Lets get ready to rumble!"
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:03 pm

I protest, you need to be able to use skills as well. Since this is non-sanctioned I move that this be allowed. Bluff, Intimidate, Diplomacy, Intuit Direction, Sleight of Hand, etc.
- Philip Slama

Needles
Slave to this message board

cheese weasels

Postby Needles » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:36 pm

Grey, Dark Lord of this board and my unholy Master \";)\", wrote:
no i got tired of the posting and moved the thread.

Anyways we need to make something called D&D ultimate gamer challenge.
Where you get 10 levels to cheese weasel as best you can and then you go at it like gladiators in the arena.
That's the best way to settle who is the "Ultimate Cheese Weasel"

Maybe you all won't believe me about the ten levels of cheese weasels competition, but the Bard has the angle on this. At tenth level, if the Bard makes an average roll of ten on the die roll, the will save to resist is still ridiculous. Then, the player will have to make ten, yes ten will saves to resist the suggestion. Of course, the suggestion will be to lay down and go to sleep for I, the Bard, will protect you. Then the Bard character just kills the opposing character outright. A cheese weasels death.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:00 pm

Or you lay the smackdown on them with all your spells if they fail.
- Philip Slama

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior

Re: cheese weasels

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:08 am

Needles wrote:Maybe you all won't believe me about the ten levels of cheese weasels competition, but the Bard has the angle on this. At tenth level, if the Bard makes an average roll of ten on the die roll, the will save to resist is still ridiculous. Then, the player will have to make ten, yes ten will saves to resist the suggestion. Of course, the suggestion will be to lay down and go to sleep for I, the Bard, will protect you. Then the Bard character just kills the opposing character outright. A cheese weasels death.

I will eat the bard for breakfast. And your little will saves too. ;)

[url]

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:19 pm

I don't know, there are some pretty beefed bards out there... I saw some amazing stuff happen in an LG mod with a level 12 bard...
- Philip Slama

Needles

Phooey!

Postby Needles » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:18 pm

No one should trust a Bard, especially when they perform an act. You just might find yourself standing on your head.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:54 am

I don't remember who it was but when they used their bardic abilities it amazed the hell out of me.
- Philip Slama

Return to “Pointless Drivel”