WAS: Thank you Arcanis Organizers.

This is the area for posts that have gone way off topic.
User avatar
TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:09 am

Re: Phooey!

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:21 am

Needles wrote:Face it Rene H, you went down, then you cried about it like it could never happen to you. Now you have a cert that is great because of it. Stop complaining and take it and like it.


It COULD never happen. The fact is that NO OTHER PC, NPC, or MONSTER can take my character, ONE ON ONE. I AM THAT DAMN GOOD! :D

Okay, seriously though, that cert stuff is kinda spoiler infoish, so I'd edit it out of your post if I were you. And I am not complaining, this is just my usual, sarcastic, grouchy, whiny, public forum self. ;)
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

User avatar
TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:09 am

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:41 pm

Oh c'mon that's a 5 on one, and even then I think I can take you. :D

Besides, a grapple would wreck you.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

User avatar
TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:09 am

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:12 pm

Who are you casting all these spells again in the grapple?
When I rage I have 100 HPs. Trust me I can outlast YOU AND THE FROG. Plus I get 2 attacks that do 1d8+ 7
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

User avatar
ParadigmPrez
Paradigm Concepts Head Cheeze
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:36 pm

Postby ParadigmPrez » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:38 pm

Hello,

We can see just what the odds are and if in fact you are the world's greatest warrior!


Boy, are you guys going to love what we have up our sleeves next.

Best,
Henry Lopez
President
Paradigm Concepts, Inc.
http://www.paradigmconcepts.com
http://www.livingarcanis.com

User avatar
Lerch
The Prop Guy
Posts: 871
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:48 pm
Location: Dayton OH

Postby Lerch » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:53 pm

For some reason I think a will save would be involved.......mmmm...fighters are good at that aren't they? :|]
I AM the Prop Guy

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:59 pm

Griffman wrote:I also recall Rene's big bad fighter getting dropped in one round. For this I want to thank Henry and PCI staff for allowing me to live out my dream and drop one of the most kickass fighters out there in one round. His reaction was great "Ahhh this is crap! No man you can't do that!"


No it was more like:

This is BULLSHIT man, no man, I'm not taking anymore of this crap! I'm out man. This is stupid, how are we supposed to win. This is bullshit, how come they can teleport for free, I'm OUT!

And you have to admit my cohort did own, it was critting like mad.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:09 am

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:00 am

Ozymandius wrote:No it was more like:

This is BULLSHIT man, no man, I'm not taking anymore of this crap! I'm out man. This is stupid, how are we supposed to win. This is bullshit, how come they can teleport for free, I'm OUT!

And you have to admit my cohort did own, it was critting like mad.


PJ: That's actually pretty accurate, although not a complete record of what happened.
As for your cohort, if you're referring to the attacks you made with that loaded-ass, microwaved, Yellow D20, that only rolls 1s and 20s, yeah ok, whatever you say man. And when you said my cohort is a fighter, I thought he could actually fight, but that guy didn't do anything all day except shoot his gun a few times. Basically he was just like the diplomat, except he didn't talk as much sh*t, and hit with his shot more often. :D

Henry: Give us more info man. How about some spoiler tidbits?

Lynn: My saves are all pretty good. My will is actually decent ever since I took the Iron Will feat. :D
I can hold my own with the help of some items, Iron Will, and raging (which improves my Fort and Will). I'm no Batman, but in a 1 on 1 fight, mano a mano, I am a tough nut to crack, against other PCs at least. Against monsters with special abilities, it could get tougher. And of course things that are like double my EL can PROBABLY beat me too.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am

Five bucks says the next mod they throw at us will have new creature subtypes that can only be destroyed by fleshripper awakened, oh wait, it's been destroyed! Heh, maybe we'll get a social interactive for being so nice?
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:09 am

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:18 am

Lord Neden wrote:I'd be curious to play test the best 2 out of 3. We can see just what the odds are and if in fact you are the world's greatest warrior!

The Worlds Greatest Warrior was an old Living City character of mine, now defunct along with the rest of LC. I took the handle here, because many people knew Stalking Mantis: The World's Greatest Warrior, so that way I'd be easy to recognize here.

As for your CHEESY WAYS, I don't know if that would be enough to allow you to cast 5 spells before I'd destroy you or enact a grapple, but aren't you the guy with an 8 strength that carries around a tower shield? :wink:

Trust me buddy, even if you can cast Divine power all I have to do is keep away from you (I do move 40 you know) for 7 or 8 rounds, and then when the spell wears off, wreck you.

Or maybe I'd grapple you, pin you until your spells wear off, and then coup de grace you. :wink:

Or maybe I'd just skewer your frog on a gladius and eat it alive in front of you? :wink:

Or Maybe I'd crit you with my Tralian Hammer for 4d8+40? :wink:

BTW, Grapple equals no spells for you unless you have the spell components in your hand AND it has no somatic components AND you make your concentration check while grappling: good luck with that one. :wink:

Don't get me wrong Ramon, I respect you as a cleric and the overall cheesy player that you are, and personally I am totally down with you. However, for you to think that your Zoo Keeper can hang with my BAD ASS WARRIOR, THE FORGOTTEN ONE, when it comes to one on one combat, that is just a silly proposition. You get an A for effort though. :D
And keep trying, if anyone can find a way to do the near impossible in D&D, its you.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

User avatar
Needles
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:09 pm
Location: Miami, south west side

This is Phooey!

Postby Needles » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:05 pm

I've never heard of Stalking Mantis: The World's Greatest Warrior. Is it from a cartoon or did you make it up?

As for when you were about to walk out because you did not have things go your way. I hate that, I have had that happen to me too many times when someone needs to go somewhere or when there too tired so they quit. It ends the mod and you can't make up for that, and you don't get credit for the whole thing. No one likes quitters, I think you get too frustrated too easily. Even if you die, don't lie down and quit, it is only a game, keep on playing anyway.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Adonis
Mad scientific type genius!
Mad scientific type genius!
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:00 pm

Too much prep

Postby Adonis » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:07 pm

Sorry Lord Needlan, By the time you actually got to cast all those spells, the Worlds Greatest Warroir would carve you a new one.

THe Worlds Greatest Warrior...Looking for a good fight? Mods not challenging enough?, Sick of plastering monsters with your superior number crunching abilities? Then we have what you need. We call it Duane, yes 100% Duane. Our new and Improved Duane DM'ing system is guarenteed to pull out all the stops, and use all those little nasty tricks sprinkled through the rules guarenteed to grind your PC into quivvering blobs of bloody sushi. Just ask for Duane at your local retailers, act now and receive the special A..Hole edition, wher not only will he kill you, he'll taunt you as he does it :-P

Duane

User avatar
TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:09 am

BEWARE SPOILER INFO.

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:41 pm

Needles wrote:I've never heard of Stalking Mantis: The World's Greatest Warrior. Is it from a cartoon or did you make it up?

As for when you were about to walk out because you did not have things go your way. I hate that, I have had that happen to me too many times when someone needs to go somewhere or when there too tired so they quit. It ends the mod and you can't make up for that, and you don't get credit for the whole thing. No one likes quitters, I think you get too frustrated too easily. Even if you die, don't lie down and quit, it is only a game, keep on playing anyway.


WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SPOILER INFO ON THE LA MOD SHATTERED DREAMS, PLEASE DON'T PROCEED IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED IT.
---->










---->











---->






Look man, I admit I was frustrated in Shattered Dreams. As for me walking out, I didn't now did I. Sure I said it sucked and complained a lot, but that encounter did suck, and I think most who went through it would agree. Particularly the UNFAIR way that Matt was running it, where everyone ganged up on one PC. It really seemed at the time like he was arbitrarily trying to just KILL PCs, which CANNOT be justified for a DM, depite how much joking people do about it. If a DM is just out to kill players that is wrong, PERIOD. The way the mod worked seemed EXTREMELY unfair to me, and I think my reaction was probably not uncommon.
The fact is that with the LA mods, you never ever know what they are throwing at you. It could be a smoke screen, a red herring, or an EL 20 encounter, so my reaction was completely justified IMO.

As for you crying that you hate when people have to leave a mod, TOUGH. This is a game as you say, so deal with it. For someone pointing the finger at me for complaining, you certainly need to learn to cope with your own whiny inadequacies. I HYPOTHETICALLY said that I WOULD walk out, and sure I felt like walking out, but the fact is I didn't.
I do get fraustrated easily in mods, and I do complain when situations suck. Sorry I don't take it lying down man, but you do things your way, and I do things my my way.
I am emotional about the game, because I really enjoy it, and have about 3 years invested into my character. If you have a personal problem with the way I play, then don't play with me.
Frankly Ed, I like you and have absoulutely NO PROBLEM with you or playing with you, but if you can't take the way I play, don't torture yourself man.
I personally don't like to play with Scott. I have had a few verbal altercations with him, and when I play, I usually ask ahead of time if he will be there, specifically because I argue with him to the point that it is a distraction to the game, and that is not fair to others.
And I hate to break it to you, but if you're dead you cannot continue to play man. Atleast not unless they raise you. Who was going to raise me? Your 4th level cleric? :-?
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

User avatar
TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:09 am

Re: Too much prep

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:59 pm

Adonis wrote:Sorry Lord Needlan, By the time you actually got to cast all those spells, the Worlds Greatest Warroir would carve you a new one.

THe Worlds Greatest Warrior...Looking for a good fight? Mods not challenging enough?, Sick of plastering monsters with your superior number crunching abilities? Then we have what you need. We call it Duane, yes 100% Duane. Our new and Improved Duane DM'ing system is guarenteed to pull out all the stops, and use all those little nasty tricks sprinkled through the rules guarenteed to grind your PC into quivvering blobs of bloody sushi. Just ask for Duane at your local retailers, act now and receive the special A..Hole edition, wher not only will he kill you, he'll taunt you as he does it :-P

Duane


Duane, I am not saying a DM can't hand me my ass. Of course, they can. In fact, I have recently had my ass handed to me in LA alone, by Lynn ONCE, and Matt Tearle, TWICE, within the past 3-4 months. My character IS NOT a number crunching cheese. I have an 8 Intelligence man. I usually get one skill point per level. :(
I try to be as best as I can in combat, because that is my schtick. It's what I do, for the most part. But my character is more than numbers. I have the Feats, Legionaire, Alertness, and Iron Will, among others. Sure those give in game benefits, but they aren't the traditional fighter power attack cleave stuff. I also have 4 ranks in Sense motive, which is a feat in itself considering I get 1 skill poit per level about half the time. :D
The mods I have played are not only challenging enough, I would argue they are too challenging sometimes.
And my claim is that I can take any other PC in one one one combat. I don't know if it's true or not, but I'm sticking to it.
Initially I said Monsters & NPCs too, but in hindsight that is just a stretch on my part.
So if you have a PC who wants to step up to the plate, I have two words for you: BRING IT!
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

User avatar
TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:09 am

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:16 pm

Lord Neden wrote:I got two words for you...

Air Walk

Can you Fly worlds greatest land bound warrior? Hell with that spell and my arrows alone, I can kill you. Where are you Fly?


How about you address my points above Ramon, or are you conceding I am right in that my grapple will OWN you?

And what do you accomplish with Air Walk other than put distance between us? I'll just have to shoot you down. If you cast prot from arrows (which I don't think you get), and start shooting at me, I just take 100% cover behind my tower shield (yes tower shield, remember I AM an ex Legionaire). If you summon something, I kill it. If you cast something at me, I can take it.
Then I just wait for your air walk to run out and THEN I wreck you, or I take cover inside a cave or something. Either way, when it comes to one on one combat, I own you man. :D
The sooner you accept that, the better off you will be. :D
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:29 pm

I'm putting my money on Rene because he's simply got more power than you Ramon. You need protection while Rene needs none, except when he needs someone to speak for him. J/K.

His grapple is impressive indeed and should you cast all you succeed in doing is delaying the inevitable. Remember his character can dish out immense amounts of damage in a single blow.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com


Return to “Pointless Drivel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest