Army input needed for Nov campaign-

Misc. forum for various mini games.
Cabadie
Regular
Regular

Army input needed for Nov campaign-

Postby Cabadie » Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:17 am

last week I played an all 200 point KI army led by the Draconium Guardian at 109 points-the army worked well enough as I did not lose a battle, but unfortunately lost on points to another undefeated player who played easier opponents by chance and got more points. I must win the Solonavi LE for 1st place in November so its time to bring out the best.
Mortis Draconum-(U)-78
Scalesworm Thrall-(W)-12
Whelp (T)-28
Faith Healer (S)-20
Wraith (U) 61

The thrall and whelp will be ina formation walking in front of mortis to help make sure he doesnt get shot to early and the faith healer is there for healing and to fulfill the one KI fig requirement.
The scenario has three interesting twists-
1)no figures may use flying
2)all range reduced to 8''(wraith has 8 anyways-thats why I picked him)
3)any figures rolling a critical miss automatically die :o

There is tons of terrain for this one so mortis and wraith have stealth for it, but would you guys risk putting two heavy hitters given the possibility of losing them ona roll of a 2? Word is many will come with throttle worms and the like to avoid having to attack to do damage so toughness could be useful-any figs come to mind that would be good choices for this?

Thanks for any input-Chris

GPuto
Regular
Regular

Critical miss = death???

Postby GPuto » Thu Nov 07, 2002 11:53 am

Chris,
I thnk that without the flying and the shot limit to 8" I would probably go for a cheap Melee army. (Imagine loosing 60-80 points on one roll.) Also, figs like the blade golems and half-troll hackers have awesome attack/damage value for thier points. And since they move eight inches you can strike without having to worry about being shot!

Another good idea, for this scenario, would be to have charge figures. With the limited ranged shots, you can easily manuever charging figures into position. (Also charger can break away at a 1 if needed, flyers wont be able to!) Or checp mounted figs might also be useful.

Just a thought.
(Tho I must admit the wraith / Drac combo looks impressive)
Jerry

Cabadie
Regular
Regular

some very good points..

Postby Cabadie » Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:26 pm

you make there Jerry. It might be tempting to go with a cavalier for charge-especially since it fits the scenario. The blade golems and hackers are very good ideas if I was playing at sunshine agaisnt you guys but now I have to keep in mind margin of victory instead of just trying to win like I used to. It was decided to do away with finals so we just play however many rounds and the highest score wins so swarm armies are concerning because I could lose a lot of points with them. Although as you mention losing 78 points if Mortis rolls a critical miss would be devastating. I;ll be considering this one quite a bit between now and tommorow night. The whole critical miss=death really adds an element of danger and luck that havent been there before. Someone unusal could win this week if all the "haves" start rolling snakeeyes. My long winning streak could be in jeopardy if I were to play this army and roll a crit with Mortis or Wraith. I havent lost a match in five staright tournaments now(last loss was to Jean at Sunshine on Sept.15). Play it safe to keep my winning streak in tact(using a safe army like you suggested) or go for a huge win(with Mortis and the gang) is the question. I'll let you know how it goes Friday.
Cya-Chris

Return to “Miniature Games Misc.”