Dropship Tourney

Misc. forum for various mini games.
DocJRS
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Dropship Tourney

Postby DocJRS » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:14 am

This is advance notice, so keep your eyes on this thread... :-)

Sunshine Roleplayers will be holding a special tourney in October. Entrance fee will be $10, the winner of the whole thing will win one of the Mechwarrior Dropships!!!

Yes, you can be the first on your block to have one of these beauties. Fully playable in Mechwarrior games, complete with opening cargo doors and turrets. These cost $100 if you can pick one up from Wizkids at a convention, and have fetched much more than that on ebay...

Details to come, including info on other prizes...

DocJRS
Roll the dice. I want to see if I eat your spleen.

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:14 pm

Any date or construction rules for the event? I might be interested in actually putting to use my figs and all that.
New bit of aether & fluff @
The Maiden's Head

DocJRS
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Current plans

Postby DocJRS » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:10 am

Currently, though this has to be confirmed, the game will be the last Sunday in October, starting at 12 noon.

Every player will have 1000 points, with each round requiring a battle force of 400. Any unit destroyed is lost for the rest of the tourney. Any unit captured is also lost. Players may withdraw units from the board, but they count as points for your opponent.

DocJRS

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

Re: Current plans

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:45 pm

DocJRS wrote:Currently, though this has to be confirmed, the game will be the last Sunday in October, starting at 12 noon.

Every player will have 1000 points, with each round requiring a battle force of 400. Any unit destroyed is lost for the rest of the tourney. Any unit captured is also lost. Players may withdraw units from the board, but they count as points for your opponent.

DocJRS

Any other building limitations? I'm just wondering as I've a fairly limited number of figs and *potentially* want to compete without having to go out and chuck down a wad of money on Plastic Crack as it's affectionately referred to in certain circles.
New bit of aether & fluff @
The Maiden's Head

DocJRS
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby DocJRS » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:37 am

No other limitations, and there is no problems with borrowing stuff from other players, including me. If you've not played for a while though, there's some new units turned up, including artillery, transports and VTOLs, so I would go check out the wizkids site, and maybe pick up a Fire For Effect and a Death From Above booster to get the rules for the above.

Return to “Miniature Games Misc.”