Pathfinder Society RPG

All the other campaigns crammed into one.
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Re: Pathfinder Society RPG

Postby grey » Thu May 07, 2009 10:15 am

To revive the gaming scene we need to start up nights in the circle again.
Find a place. Make people pay to play.

Team up with a gaming store. Give away prizes. etc. Make it fun.
And the organizers need to make some extra cash on this. Otherwise it's not worth it.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Thu May 07, 2009 11:42 am

Someone hit me up on aim and Ill send you the campaign guide and the mods ive bought.

I really like the idea behind the prestige points and faction goals but I wish they were more racey like LAs. These ones I just really simple things. You just have to pay attention.

As for my half orc Druid, come 3.75, half orcs will be the best druids. They get +2 str, +2 wis. and at 6th level can turn into an earth elemental with EARTH GLIDE.

Im not a big fan of their combined combat system for grapple, trip, ect. It makes not having a full BAB really crappy.

The big change I like with 3.75 is the fact they made it worthwhile for almost every class to just stay one pure class again! That I think is the biggest change. Though Bards are still underpowered.

Oh and If Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and PJ dont play a Chelaxian I will be severly dissappointed!!!
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu May 07, 2009 11:45 am

David, I'm sending you my AOL email address via M if you want to send me that stuff. You have
me quite intrigued my friend. ;)

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu May 07, 2009 1:40 pm

Please David.

Playing a Cheliax is boring. I've done that already and I was a master of that aspect of the Nishanpur campaign when it came to Demons and Devils. No, rehashing that same character would not be fun for me, instead of a Cheliax I have something else in mind.

The Osirion is where the real roleplaying and chance for character development is at. I can finally build my archeologist that was asked to put on hold in LA when I was needed as a skills character. I would enjoy building an Indian Jones type character and go down that lane of roleplaying as it combines skills, roleplaying and combat into one rounded package.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Thu May 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Sounds cool. Also I have yet to play them yet but Episode 11 and one other module is written by Boomer, the guy who writes the PSA's on youtube!

I gave Renee some of the books/mods that I had so talk to him if you need the campaign guide.

the wildest tales."

David

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu May 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Knowing the kind of person I am and just having started reading about the 5 factions there is
one that speaks to the very heart of who I am and what I'm all about... Andoran.

Here's a quote that describes them - " Andorans are the first government of the Inner Sea to entrust
its power to its own citizens instead of dolloping it upon the crowned brow of a king. Their weapons
are innovation, a stubborn dedication to idealism, and a firm belief in the potential of humanity. The
Andorens are a hard people, dedicated to freedom for all, and unable to sit by and watch as the
world around them submits to savagery and tyranny."

Here are their goals - "Andorans would see thetyrannic empires who once ruled them brought down.
They would see slavery abolished and those who would buy and sell people punished to the extreme.
They would bring the torch of freedom to the world's darkest places and banish mysticism, diabolism,
and fear."

Oh hell yeah!!! Andoran all the way for now!!!

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu May 07, 2009 2:56 pm

I thought about them too Rene but then I was like...neh.

Either become a member of the archeologists or the political upstarts (the last faction). I also went with the last faction until I realized that I've done that already too.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu May 07, 2009 3:30 pm

I thought about them too Rene but then I was like...neh.

Yeah PJ but I'm looking at all of them but the description of the Andoran mindset is
pretty much a description of how I as a real person envision myself. The Andorans
are not afraid to take a stand to defend the downtrodden and protect freedom when
it is threatened by tyranny. When I read their description I felt as if I was reading
the code of paladins, cavaliers, and noble knights but with a hard tenacious edge to
them. I know some poeple like to play outside their normal train of thought but I
most of the time ( but not always ) I try to play what I feel is a reflection of me. I
know alot of people see me as a hopeless idealist and I'm okay with that.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

The Andorans seem to understand this better than anyone and aren't afraid to do
something about it.

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Thu May 07, 2009 6:20 pm

I was told someone is playing a LG paladian Chelexian. Which is a really interesting concept.

the wildest tales."

David

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu May 07, 2009 9:52 pm

I was told someone is playing a LG paladian Chelexian. Which is a really interesting concept.

That makes about as much sense as Jenna Jameson being a guest host on Sesame Street.
If this thing gets off the ground I already have a character concept and storyline of sorts &
My PC will be a hard core anti-Chelexian. I ahve to check the info but I hope they have stuff like
paladins of freedom ( the C/G paladins ). If so then I will most probably play a female Andoren
paladin. If not then a C/G fighter.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Thu May 07, 2009 10:10 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:

That makes about as much sense as Jenna Jameson being a guest host on Sesame Street.

I agree sounds like lose lose situation to me. If you play LG I could see you going against your Chelexian faction. I could see some LE version of a paladin being Chelexian. The new improved pathfinder fighter looks really strong.

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Fri May 08, 2009 8:23 am

I could see some LE version of a paladin being Chelexian.

Yeah, something like a paladin of tyranny from the alternative paladins that they came up with
in 3.5. That I see as totally feasible ( albeit an insult to old school guys like me who really like
the classic feel of a true noble, courageous, and benevolent paladin ). With the Chelexian being
as they are I'm assuming they havea buttload of blackguards over there due to their demonic
influence.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri May 08, 2009 11:37 am

I've got my character ready to go from the Osirion faction.

Name: Rashid al-Hatim ibn Ahmed ibn Rayhan aal-Sothis
Race: Human

Oh yeah...
- Philip Slama

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Fri May 08, 2009 11:44 am

back then we had the dragon anti-paladin

what class PJ?

More faction info

http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/factions

These Cheliax are so evil. I don't see how a paladin could be associated with this faction at all.

"Asmodeous himself smiles upon our endeavor and we shall not rest until the entire world trembles before Him."
—Paracountess Zarta Dralneen

The pale-skinned Chelaxians believe themelves superior to all other peoples. Their compact with great devils gives them power beyond measure, and no other nation of the Inner Sea can compete with their summoners and warlocks when it comes to trafficking with dark forces. These devils require payment for their service, often offered up in the form of tender flesh and boiled blood. Slaves are an important resource of the Chelaxians as are artifacts of ancient power whose secrets are revealed to them by their timeless patrons. Even as Andoran revels in its newfound freedom, the tendrils of Cheliax's empire continue to expand. Arcadia lays open before them and Sargava is ready to fall under their hellish sway. The Inner Sea will fall with the rest as soon as Absalom rests firmly in the bloodied hands of House Thrune.

Goals: Hell on Golarion

Chelaxians plan to spread the dark influence of Asmodeus across the face of Golarion. They bring order to chaos, quell the troublesome concepts of freedom and self-determination, and leave broken souls eager to accept the bondage of slavery in their wake. The world must come to terms with the order of things. Mortals serve at the knee of greater powers. The devils of the Nine Hells are Golarion's natural overlords and if the rabble gathered along the coast of the Inner Sea can't be made to understand this simple fact, then they will be purged in a torrent of fire.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri May 08, 2009 2:29 pm

What class?

That's....a tough one.

Wizard 10/Loremaster 10
- Philip Slama

Return to “Misc Games & Campaigns”