Question to the Miami Gamers?

All the other campaigns crammed into one.

What campaign setting would you like to play in the most?

Greyhawk
13%
Blackmoor
13%
Arcanis
25%
Forgotten Realms
25%
Other
25%

Total votes: 8

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Question to the Miami Gamers?

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:58 pm

Guys,

I've been thinking that it has got to suck to be a gamer in Miami if you're not part of a home game or playing one of the few independent gaming systems out there with some other people so I had an idea.

Basically it consists of starting up our monthly game days again, but with a local twist.

We've got enough great authors here in South Florida to crank out a module from each of us and get at least twelve modules. I mean it would be great to be able to see everyone again and be able to play with each other on a somewhat regular basis like we used to.

Listed above is a poll, it is a serious matter, and I wanted your opinions and comments on this type of endeavor. I spoke with Sherwood a few weeks ago and he would love to see something like this down here and if it works well we could write some independent stuff for The Summoning 2009 to draw more people, our own social, our own BI set within our own "campaign."

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions or comments?
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Re: Question to the Miami Gamers?

Postby Thanos » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:26 pm

I think pathfinder is the way to go for organized play. The beta is looking good. I would like to get that going. The stuff they did to improve the base classes in players handbook was pretty cool.

Terror inc could write for pathfinder!

The other day I was lamenting the loss of Spelljammer, Ravenloft, dark sun and planescape. I had a lot of fun playing those. Now there is only FR.

Ok i will probably get flamed for this :). WoW RPG! Think about it if you wanted to drum up support for your own modules and such and get new + old players to play once a month. WoW is something that would probably bring a lot of people together. You could even base wow of 3.5 or 3.75.
Last edited by Thanos on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Part of the problem in getting the game day's going is finding a place where everyone wants to play. Sunshine for whatever reason is too decisive even tho I think it is best game store in town as far as prices for gamers.

I heard some people want to boycott sunshine because bear patrons there and because of the lack of support for 4.0 he maybe the only one who wants to run game days there...

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:19 am

Dude...

I would so play a version of WoW that was a hybrid 3.5/4.0 system.

I have a 20 level class I wanted to submit to greg based off the shadow priest of a 60 level build and the last 10 epic levels were the 70-80 range of the class.

It wasn't broken but it had versatility, mainly destructive capabilities but healing was somewhat available, but it came at the cost of fire power.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Needles
Slave to this message board

Postby Needles » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:23 pm

A last year of Blackmoor mods played at the summoning would be nice. Even if you played the mod "the end." I would like to play more mods I havn't played in Blackmoor. :D
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:11 am

Well, technically I have most of them, 63-95. I'm missing four of them which includes City of the Gods.
- Philip Slama

Needles

Postby Needles » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Those and quite a few others I havn't played.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Return to “Misc Games & Campaigns”