I need opinions on campaigns

All the other campaigns crammed into one.
Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

I need opinions on campaigns

Postby Thanos » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:48 pm

I am currently playing LG. I was thinking about picking up another living style campaign. Maybe LA or Legend of the shining Jewel.

Can anyone who plays most of the campaigns give me the pros and cons between them. I see LA has a gameday. Does Legend of the shining Jewel have a game day around Miami? I am open to other campaign suggestions.

thanks

Griffman
Slave to this message board

Postby Griffman » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:27 pm

LGSJ is really popular up in Orlando and I know Ramon down here likes it when he tried it up there but it has no player group down here. LA is starting to loose interest for several players not just in Miami but it still has a pretty decent player following. If you would acctually like to play in this new campaign I would suggest LA.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:18 pm

I second that!!!!!

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: I need opinions on campaigns

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:00 am

Thanos wrote:I am currently playing LG. I was thinking about picking up another living style campaign. Maybe LA or Legend of the shining Jewel.

Can anyone who plays most of the campaigns give me the pros and cons between them. I see LA has a gameday. Does Legend of the shining Jewel have a game day around Miami? I am open to other campaign suggestions.

thanks

Living Arcanis is an excellent game but it requires you open your mind once in a while since intrigue and "Cloak and Dagger" type missions are more frequent then the LG type "Break down the Door" missions.

Get the Players Guide to Arcanis take a look. It's a great book! Then if you're still interested get the Codex Arcanis and figure out what you want to play if you have any problems figuring out stuff just post under the la board and we'll help you out.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Needles

Postby Needles » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:58 am

There right about one thing, there is a game once a month down in Miami for Arcanis. However, most of the players are eighth to twelfth level. Do not expect a lot of magic items specifically made for your character in Arcanis like there is in LG. There are quite a few magic items at higher levels that are totally random, but don't expect to be able to build your character around a certain kind of magical item. Unless you make it yourself and you have to be high level for it since there is a gold piece cap for each level when you make an item. Like I said, the items you get are random.

Arcanis is not a Monty Haul campaign. I would advise you to make a character that will survive on its own merits. The guidelines for Arcanis are in a forty dollar book called the players guide to Arcanis. You can make a half orc barbarian. There pretty much the same as the players handbook and come out here and play a few rounds with us.

The elves are not the same, they are called Ellori, and there are four or five different races. There are no Half Elves or Halflings in Arcanis. You can be a Psion or a Psychic Warier only if you are a Val. The Gnome is medium sized and is totally different from the Gnome in the players handbook. Humans can be any class but the Sorcerer class and pretty much remain the same as in the players handbook. I believe Dwarves remain the same but have a unique feature. If a Dwarf gets between negative ten and negative ninety nine hit points they can be healed normally and are revived. It is because they are under a curse.

If you have any questions about how to make a character, you can ask here and someone will help you out. For example, if you want to make an Elorii cleric and wondered which god to worship I’m sure you will get a lot of answers. There are few Sorcerers, Wizards, or Psions around in South Florida.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Return to “Misc Games & Campaigns”