larp game info update plz...

Forum to discuss Larping

Moderator: neocelsus

Lord o' Small Crawlings
Regular
Regular

larp game info update plz...

Postby Lord o' Small Crawlings » Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:16 pm

Just to keep up on the status, can anyone say what is going with the larp(if any)? I haven't heard anything in awhile so im just wondering...
banned, erased, and blocked....it feels good to try and speak yer mind in public!

Coglistro

Re: larp game info update plz...

Postby Coglistro » Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:41 pm

Lord o' Small Crawlings wrote:Just to keep up on the status, can anyone say what is going with the larp(if any)? I haven't heard anything in awhile so im just wondering...

Currently a game at UM campus if you are interested in playing Vampire

Jarad Fennell

Re: larp game info update plz...

Postby Jarad Fennell » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:24 pm

Coglistro wrote:
Lord o' Small Crawlings wrote:Just to keep up on the status, can anyone say what is going with the larp(if any)? I haven't heard anything in awhile so im just wondering...

Currently a game at UM campus if you are interested in playing Vampire

I think there's considerable interest, but there hasn't been a lot of information. Maybe if someone from the game answered a few questions, it might attract some new players to the game (If you guys are looking for new players, that is).
For example, I've heard the game is on Saturdays. Around what time do people start showing up? (The old game had the godawful hours of 11 pm to about 5 am).
Where on the University of Miami campus is the game located? Back when I played, it was next to the art school building. There was a pit nearby with a picnic table in the middle, surrounded by trees...Anyone who's been there will know the spot I'm talking about. Some directions to your game employing recognizable landmarks would be cool.
How many people are playing? What kind of players are they... Please be frank, I'm not judging you guys based on what you like. If you're a bunch of people who like to dress up in black and do nothing but talk about your character, that's fine, but it's a different vibe from people who like to build the perfect combat beasts and go at it. I find a mix of the two can be nice, moderate fellow that I am. Again, I'm not judgemental, but I think people going into this game would like to know what to expect up front.
Who's running the game? Is there any contact information for him or her? Is there a website? Anything helpful, etc, etc.
Thanks for taking the time to read this... And (this may sound weird, but hey) if anyone involved has some personal reason for not wanting me (Or anyone else you can think of, for that matter) to be at this game, please just mention it now, along with the answers to the above questions. We're all grown-ups here, for the most part.
You don't have to pussyfoot around with the details of the game, if you're looking to recruit. I can't speak for everyone, but I'll respect your decision if your group wants to exclude some players for whatever reason.
Anyway- good luck with your efforts on the game. I know what a pain in the ass running these things can be.

Salvete,
Jarad
"Even a good man, if he remains in the same place for too long, will accumulate sin."

"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill the Buddha."

Coglistro

Larp

Postby Coglistro » Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:21 am

Well Thanks Jarad for the tip

Well the game still commences at 11pm but trying to push it back to 10pm cause its really late especially for me who is trying to finish his Masters as fast as possible. (Weekends are usually spent researching in library with break for larp).
We have a current group of about 12-15 players with one storyteller and a couple of narrators. It is a Camarilla based game with most of the players playing in the primary 6 clans. The currect storeyline has placed the pc characters in a kind of quandry due to the Sabbat control of city. The game sessions have revolved around slowly pushing the Sabbat out. However, due to sabbat presence it does lead to much combat. However, our storyteller has also been pushing for more political and social plot twists (I am especially excited about this). Our players range from novice to veterans but willing to except newbie to the genre.
We meet at the University of Miami art building still near the pit and for detailed directions feel free to contact our storyteller @ adjourn5@aol.com or our narrator @bleedingfox@yahoo.com
In addition please also feel free to reply to this post or private message me at this username.

Thanks

Return to “Live Action Roleplaying”