Miami by Night Chronicles

Forum to discuss Larping

Moderator: neocelsus

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Miami by Night Chronicles

Postby Highmoon » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:55 pm

I was going through my notes for my chronicle of Miami by Night, and I started wondering how many different versions of Miami in the WoD we have around here right now.

What about yours? What are the details? Who rules? Who is prince? What is the status of the Camarilla, the Sabbat, the other supernaturals? What are the Elysiums, the contested areas, the hangouts? Who are the movers and shakers?

For example, in my Miami by Night, we have the following:
Prince of Miami: Anastasia (Toreador)
The Toreador are the current clan in power in Miami, and have been for about a decade. Prior to the Toreador, the Malkavians had an innordinate amount of power (all I have to say is The Golden Glades Interchange) but the Ventrue were in control, guided by the Ventrue of Ft. Lauderdale.
The Gangrel have all but left the city, most of them being found in the Everglades or nearby areas, with only a handful still engaged in the affairs of state. The rest of the clans are found only nominally around the Miami metro area. The Tremere were destroyed as a group when their chantry, located beneath the Freedom Tower in Downtown Miami, was blown to bits a few years back. The Nosferatu thrive in the sewers, but there are to camps, one loyal to the Prince, one smaller one loyal to no one.
Due to the constant traffic of people through all the ports, it is hard to pin down the vampire population of Miami at any given time, which means there are kindred from all clans all around at any given time.

The Sabbat has slowly been taking possession of Miami from the north, striking from their base in Ft. Lauderdale. Downtown is currently a hot spot, with Sabbat and Brujah gangs constantly fighting. The Miami Lasombra have officially defected and joined the Camarilla under Prince Anastasia, but everyone keeps them at arm's lentgh (and with reason).

The main hangout is South Beach, especially a large gothic-type club on Ocean Dr. called The Darkness, owned by the Toreador Prince and her retinue. This club is an Elysium, though things are changing. There are other smaller Elysiums around the city. The center of power, and seat of the Council of Primogens, is the Biltmore Hotel (did you think it was a coincidence that it is located on Anastasia Dr.?).

As far as other supernaturals, my chronicle does not deal much with them. There are Lupines in the Everglades, and a few sometimes venture into the city. Coconut Grove is a changeling hot spot, with two small freeholds and the palace of the Duke of the Grove. South Beach sometimes sports an amount of changelings, though they tend to stay away at night, or at least walk around with great caution. A few wraiths hang around, even after the destruction of the spirit world. As far as mages are concerned, there are a few, but I have not use them for much.

This is, more or less, my Miami by Night. Let's hear about yours.

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:04 pm

I guess this was just the wrong place to post this... hardly any WoD 'ers around it seems...

:(

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:04 pm

Not on this board Dan. Most the people we BS with in person are WoD Fan-atics. :D Most don't post. This is MAINLY a D&D place now.

Coglistro

Postby Coglistro » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:02 pm

If you wanna see some white-wolf fanatics you should join us during one of our dinner meetings at Joffrey's and see how crazy we get with plotting and discussion :D

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:51 am

Or yelling dirty words and talking about whacking people in public.

I suppose, as with all public gamer exhibitions, it looks weird. :roll:

:D

Coglistro

Postby Coglistro » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:30 am

That was rather funny when that old couple left feeling like they were witnesses to a future whacking :|]

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:36 am

You also forgot the BS group from the last time... Bible Study... NOT Bull Sh*t....
New bit of aether & fluff @
The Maiden's Head

Return to “Live Action Roleplaying”