Second CAM Vampire LARP

Forum to discuss Larping

Moderator: neocelsus

Coglistro

Second CAM Vampire LARP

Postby Coglistro » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:00 am

WOO HOO There is no doubts know. The Second Installment of the Miami By Night Larp this past Saturday OCT 18, 2003 was a blast. We had some great players come in also, and it felt like a reunion of awesome role-players. The plot and location were fantastic. The ambiance of the School of Communication at UM is way cool and lends itself well to the setting. I just wanted to send my thanks and also to give all you guys who made last game a way awesome experience praise.

Remember to send Chris your monthly plots for your characters. Lets keep it up.... hehe hopefully we can get some more female players to play some of the missing character roles.

Thanks again

Jorge "Gabe" Reyeros

Jarad

Re: Second CAM Vampire LARP

Postby Jarad » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:22 am

Coglistro wrote:WOO HOO There is no doubts now. The Second Installment of the Miami By Night Larp this past Saturday OCT 18, 2003 was a blast. We had some great players come in also, and it felt like a reunion of awesome role-players. The plot and location were fantastic. The ambiance of the School of Communication at UM is way cool and lends itself well to the setting. I just wanted to send my thanks and also to give all you guys who made last game a way awesome experience praise.

Remember to send Chris your monthly plots for your characters. Lets keep it up.... hehe hopefully we can get some more female players to play some of the missing character roles.

Thanks again

Jorge "Gabe" Reyeros

It was a lot of fun- no surprise there, I had a good feeling about Chris from the moment I met him. Just looking at the amount of work he put into the character backgrounds, you can tell he loves the game. But if the group keeps growing at the rate it has, it might be a good idea if he gets some help. Don't burn out, Chris! :)
Thanks go to Chris for setting up a great game and thanks to everybody who contributed by playing. You guys were a riot.

Jarad "CJ" Fennell

"Without faith, there is no understanding."
-Saint Augustine

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?"
-Psalm 27

"Let's have faith that right makes might; and in that faith let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."
-Abraham Lincoln

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen: and have the keys of hell and death."
-Rev. 1:18

"And there will be many who serve the Great Beast without knowing, and to them my words will be as a tongue of fire. My hand will pass over them like a shadow and all those not born again of the blood will perish."
-Christ Justice

neocelsus
Regular
Regular

Postby neocelsus » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:01 pm

I have to ... ... third (is there such a thing?) this response.

The plot is great. The ppl are great. Anyone who has wanted to larp, but hasn't due to... ... well reasons that I'm not going to mention here, should attend this game. It's great for new and old hands alike.

Once again I ask the Miami Cricle to show support to this kick ass Larp. I know that I haven't really been seen amoungst circle members. I'm not realy part of the loop anymore. (It's a differnt loop from old days. In days long past the Miami Circle was something else, but that's a topic for another thread.)

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, Michelle, Albert, Tsa, Adolfo, Jim, Amanda, I would love to see you all there. It's just one Sat. a month from 7 - 11ish. A year ago we tried to get something spectacular going and didn't have the steam. Well this Larp is what we wanted in the flesh.

I guess that's about it for now.

BTW I'm thinking about talking to Chris about setting up a website for the Larp. One with a somewhat complicated message board with public forums, private in clan forums, and a message system so we can message each other about trading boons and such.
Spankings and secrets, that’s what I’m all about.

Forever separating the subtle from the gross,
Neocelsus

Coglistro

Website

Postby Coglistro » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:13 am

Sarah and I are working on the website for the LARP any feed back of things you might wanna see would be greatly appreciated. I think a nicely organzied website goes a long way to promoting awareness of the game.

neocelsus
Regular
Regular

Postby neocelsus » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:46 am

Ok sweet dude. I didn't know that the website was in the works.

as for feedback on what we would like to see. I'd like to see a message board with public and private areas/threads. The public areas are your generic OOC/non OOC areas where you discuss stuff. The private areas can be for in clan info. That way all the brujah can get together for a rant and discuss on the forum. Also we could have an area for the primogen where we can have "meetings" without having to take up time before or during a game.

Just some thoughts.
Spankings and secrets, that’s what I’m all about.

Forever separating the subtle from the gross,

Neocelsus

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Re: Website

Postby grey » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:00 am

Coglistro wrote:Sarah and I are working on the website for the LARP any feed back of things you might wanna see would be greatly appreciated. I think a nicely organzied website goes a long way to promoting awareness of the game.

I suggest that if you are working on a website that you consider phpbb for your bulletin board. The newer versions out there are easy to install as long as you have an apache webserver and a mysql dbase.
it has all the features you want.

also the newest version of phpnuke has phpbb built in.
dynamic websites are the way to go if you want to do alot of updating and don't have time to ftp pages to the server.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Return to “Live Action Roleplaying”