Time of Judgement

Forum to discuss Larping

Moderator: neocelsus

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Time of Judgement

Postby Highmoon » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:14 pm

I'm curious to know the opinions on White Wolf's ballsy (IMO) move to end the World of Darkness and finally bring Gehenna (and "insert your game's after-the-colon descriptor here").

Personally I think it's pretty cool. A money-driven move, perhaps, yes, but still a good move.

Discuss.

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:01 pm

Hello?

Anyone?

Bueller?

neocelsus
Regular
Regular

Postby neocelsus » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:28 pm

I just figure that they have finally acknowledged that there is nothing left to milk.

They left no stone unturned in their efforts to create sourcebooks and have exhausted all possible angles of world development. I noticed this about one - two years ago when there where a series of books on the following:

Havens (this book was not worth the money)
Sect tactics in taking over a city (good read)
Religion/bloodcults/path info (interesting read)
How to work backgrounds (great for ventrue)

There where others I think, but at this point I noticed that they where scraping the bottom of the barrel. I think it's best summed up in this quote from Supertroopers: "Desperation is a stinky cologne."

It's been a long run and it's time to bring out the big guns.
Spankings and secrets, that’s what I’m all about.

Forever separating the subtle from the gross,
Neocelsus

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:09 pm

Gehenna, the first book in the Time of Judgement series, comes out tomorrow ans I cannot WAIT!!!

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:21 pm

At least someones excited...I couldn't get into it. MY WoD froze after the re-released clan books.

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:20 pm

I am. My chronicle went on hiatus 3 years ago, but I am getting ready to restart for the end of the world.

And I feel fine.

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:29 pm

Max said he doesn't read the boards, I'd try a different way Ramon. :)

Lascivious Lass

Gonna kill White Wolf

Postby Lascivious Lass » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:15 am

I can only say that i wish with their end of the world White Wolf could have served up some mystical, magical, yummy power to be rid of ..I don't have a word for them. I'll explain.

I play in a MMORPG and have for four years now, My character is not truly liked, is evil, tests ever rule in the game, etc, well it just to happens as well that because of side plotting the other "vampires" in the city have all been killed, taken off, disapeared etc.

I thought it was pretty cool.

Until just a few days ago someone comes in with an Avatar named... "Gehenna".. Oh lord, this was too good to pass up!

So I switch into evil melt the mind of the noobie mode, lure the character off with mine and pointedly shatter her notions of "kindred" within the "city of dreams", I thought I was going to die though, embodiment of Gehenna my arse! ~ whimper ~ If White Wolf had not decided to end everything now, I might not be locked in the theology debate now!

Why White Wolf?? Why???

~chuckles~

If you check out http://www.underlight.com it might make a bit more sense as to why "Gehenna" needs to be beat down.

Toodles!!

~~ Las Lass
"Light leads to hatred, dark to delight. The best of all things are done in the night."

Lasciviouslass@babiestastegood.com

Return to “Live Action Roleplaying”