CAM. VAMP. L.A.R.P.

Forum to discuss Larping

Moderator: neocelsus

dellacroy

CAM. VAMP. L.A.R.P.

Postby dellacroy » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:43 pm

Okay.
I've done it.

After attending a few games at UM (some okay, some... less then okay to put it nicely), I have opted to launch my own game.

The first game will be on 9-13-03.
The first game is a Primogen Meeting.
As such it will be small with only seven players.
Those players will plat the seven Primogen.
I still have a few slots open (one of which is for a woman).

If anyone is interested in playing please email me at:

Head_of_Plot@hotmail.com

Thank you!

neocelsus
Regular
Regular

Postby neocelsus » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:17 pm

How to respond to this … … Ok I think I got an angle. Here goes:

It's been almost a year since I walked in to my first Larp. I had prepared for it for 6 months. I bought the pimp threads, jewelry and accessories. I had read a good portion of the M.E.T. books and understood the basics of bidding traits along and the simplest of rules, just enough to get by. I was scared, exited, but most of all I was apprehensive of the whole ordeal. I was walking in alone you see. Although I had gone to Gencon with friends (Albert, Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, Micheal ?spl? and others) they where in it for the RPGA. Where I had planned to spend my midnights drinking from fleshy vessels, they planned on spending theirs figuring out puzzles and killing orcs.

In the end I had a blast. There where many MANY faces (100+) but I found a cliche and stuck with them. I made friends, traded email addresses and lost contact with these individuals.

Damn need to go, but I'll be back to continue this. It's long But it has a point.
Spankings and secrets, that’s what I’m all about.

Forever separating the subtle from the gross,
Neocelsus

neocelsus
Regular
Regular

Postby neocelsus » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:59 pm

Working on the rest at the moment. This is not random, I just got into work now and I'm finishing the second part.

Neocelsus

neocelsus
Regular
Regular

Postby neocelsus » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:20 pm

Ok this is the rest.

On my return, giddy from the fun I had, I asked several of the Larping veterans that I knew about the Miami Larp scene. The result was always the same. First their faces would sour as bile rose in their throats. Then they gave atleast one story of endless mass combat tied into shoddy roleplaying. Deterred from Larping in Miami I looked on to FT. Lauderdale and quickly realized that the distance was too much for my little car to handle on a weekly basis.

Within a month I got word that the Miami Circle was interested in starting a Larp. I was nominated to be head storyteller and quickly realized the burden of running a Larp. That never took off. I didn't have the time to organize the monster we wanted. Hell I still don't, it's too big a monster to take on alone, ESPECIALLY when you don't even have the core system down.

So I hear about a new larp taking place in UM. I've heard it before. Every so often it seems like the UM changes hands or something and they go at it again. Recently it was reborn as a Sabbat game.

So here I am, a year later, playing some great home Vamp games, waiting to take a table top Malk into the Larping world. During a new campaign to get more players I talk to a friend (Jason) to negotiate the "screening" of a recruit. He informs me that He can't on a certain date cause he himself is "screening" for a larp that's starting up. I do a little skip as I pace on the phone (for those of you that have never seen me on a phone I pace while I talk,) and tell him that I too am interested.

We all meet up and talk about the game, talk about the char.s, the modified system, etc. etc. and I'm giddy like a schoolgirl, but preparing for the worst. It's not that the ppl behind the game are disappointing me. On the contrary it seems too good to be true.

So Sat. rolls around and I get to play the Malk Primogen. We played for about 4 hours or so, just the 7 of us and it was a blast. There was a quick combat scene that was fast and efficient. There was no munchkinism of diablerising the villain. Everyone kept to char. Everyone did an excellent job. It was all political (like a good larp should be.) And all in all I think everyone had a blast.

I'm typing this cause I think that it's time Miami had a Larp worth the backing of the Miami Circle. As such I'm asking those ppl who where there to give me support for the Larp that never took off, to lend whatever hand they can to this newly formed Larp.

Albert, Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, Tsa, Shane, Fionna, if you read this and are still interested in getting into a good Larp please use the email above and get in contact with the guy running it. Let the word spread about this Larp. Let the Miami Circle get back to it's roots as a RPG club and let's help coordinate the LARPers of Miami.

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. Insert more fanfare here. Blah Blah Blah. ;)

In all seriusness, though this game is great and if anyone is interested in Larping pleasse get in contact with Head_of_Plot@hotmail.com

Neocelsus

Coglistro

Max imum Thanks

Postby Coglistro » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:52 am

Hey Max I was so impressed and grateful that you posted your excitement about the Larp. Like you were saying I think it is time for us to come together as a role playing community. Anything we can do we are ready and willing

PS Your Malk was awesome

dellacroy

That Cam. L.A.R.P. Game

Postby dellacroy » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:39 pm

Thank you Max and Gabe for your support and kind words!
Your posts mean a lot to me and I'm very happy you enjoyed the game so much.

As the game runs monthly, the next game is going to be October 18, 2003, at 7:00pm.

SAVE THE DATE!

Also, if anyone out there would like to come join us, please email me at:

Head_of_Plot@hotmail.com

Thank you!

--Chris

Return to “Live Action Roleplaying”