Quick Note

Forum to discuss Larping

Moderator: neocelsus

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

Quick Note

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:10 am

The Vampire LARP @ the University of Miami is undergoing a format change. We're currently switching to a Sabbat Modern game from this Saturday, the 19th of July. All characters will be starting level, with no extra bits and pieces.

Game is over by the Art Building and begins @ around 11pm.
New bit of aether & fluff @
The Maiden's Head

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:16 am

That's never a great sign, as every Sabbat game I've seen turns to rock-paper-scissor excersizes. :|

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:35 pm

MrFilthyIke wrote:That's never a great sign, as every Sabbat game I've seen turns to rock-paper-scissor excersizes. :|

I'd have to say "yes and no" to that statement. While it is true, that a Sabbat game lends itself more to the challenge-crazy LARP combat monsters, it's also a more subtle game, as those not inclined to combat manuever through the politics that are the individual packs/gangs.

I'm hoping that the game & the players will begin to shift away from being combat twinks to being more of an interactive event, as LARPs are supposed to be. But hey, maybe I'm just being extremely ideal about the entire thing. (o:
New bit of aether & fluff @
The Maiden's Head

Coglistro

Postby Coglistro » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:06 pm

I must agree with my fellow player on that statement the Sabbat does lend itself to more political manuevering then normally viewed. Specifically when one must both balance loyality to one's sect, pack and clan. In addition the spiritual aspect of the Sabbat particularly the ritae and dealing with the undermining force of infernalism lend itself also to more roleplaying and less rock-scissor-paper.
A great example is my pack priest player character has just found some disturbing news about one of my packmates; he happens to follow a heretical path of enlightenment that due to my characters politcal and path leanings leads me to try to find a way to sway and convince this packmate of the error of his believes and will attempt to bring him back to the true calling of a member of the sword of Caine.
This new twist coupled with our increasing loyality to said member due to the vaulderie will lead my packmates and I to find a more subtle way to change his beliefs thus promoting great roleplaying in future games....
I personally have great hopes for the game and the plots to come.... I suggest all who might like the Vampire genre to give it a shot, before completely turning a blind eye to it. hehe you might get hooked

Return to “Live Action Roleplaying”