Forum to discuss Larping

Moderator: neocelsus

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

New LARP forming @ University of Miami

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Fri May 23, 2003 7:59 am

Hi all,

Just an FYI, that the latest installement of the U of M LARP is to start. Character creation will occur this Saturday around 11pm and should be a good laugh. Not too certain on the details, but I'm planning on attending, and maybe even volunteering services as "the plot guy".

Cheers,
New bit of aether & fluff @
The Maiden's Head

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Fri May 23, 2003 1:03 pm

Are the same people involved, or "new" folks?

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Fri May 23, 2003 1:11 pm

MrFilthyIke wrote:Are the same people involved, or "new" folks?

Old people being??? I'm trying to get new blood (no pun intended) out to the game, and there are several new players in the game plus, I'm hoping to try and dose some "reality" and less "cheese" in to the game.
New bit of aether & fluff @
The Maiden's Head

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Fri May 23, 2003 2:09 pm

normally i'd offer but I work 7am-6p on both sat AND sun, so i'd have to give up sleep two days in a row.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri May 23, 2003 4:21 pm

What would we need to do to help out?
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Coglistro

Game at U of M

Postby Coglistro » Mon May 26, 2003 11:42 am

I must admit I had a fairly decent time at this past Saturday's game at U of M. Yet, I must say that combat must be curbed a little. Vampire the Masquerade provides a very detailed an concise storyline that can allow for more broad and encompassing plot arcs besides the traditional pin-the-tail on the Sabbat.

But besides that the players are nice and the game has potential to move away from combat orientation.

So if any are interested please feel free to drop by on Saturdays around 11pm at the University of Miami Art School parking lot.

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Wed May 28, 2003 10:17 pm

So, tell what happened at the larp

How many people?

What clans representin'?

Coglistro

LArp

Postby Coglistro » Thu May 29, 2003 8:06 am

Cant go into too much details about the plot but trust me it kept me and my partner in crime very entertained. General stuff that everyone knows is that the city of Miami was sacked by the Sabbat and attempts by the Camarilla have been initiated to retake the city after last Saturday's successful coup d'etat much of the Sabbat power base was eliminated (so we hope). For more exact info about clan distribution you can contact our storyteller Sam at adjourn5@aol.com. I do know that more people will be attending this coming Saturday and we are seriously lacking Nosferatu.
I hope this helps a little

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Fri May 30, 2003 9:06 am

That's a shame, I play a MEAN Nosferatu, they're may FAVE clan neck-n-neck with Setites... 8)

Jarad Fennell

What's happening with the Vampire LARP?

Postby Jarad Fennell » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:06 pm

So... How is the Vampire game going? I was hoping to engage in a little role-playing with the people down in Miami, and this seems like my best bet... Are you guys still meeting late as hell on Saturdays, out near the art building?
Alternately, there's an Unknown Armies scenario in the book "One Shots" called "Jailbreak". If you haven't heard of Unknown Armies before, it's hard to describe- it's like Call of Cthulhu, with all the sanity-warping magic, horror, and evil. Except the monsters are other people. The scenario itself is written by Greg Stolze who is, in my humble opinion, the best writer working in rpgs today.
Anyway, I would love to try running this scenario as a LARP, if I can get enough people. I would need about 9 players (Optimal would be 6 men and 3 women). Anybody else who joins in and is willing can help me judge. I could do this some time in early or mid July, when I'm down.
If I do run this, planning would be essential to it coming off well. So, irrespective of schedule (I'm willing to work around that), if you have an interest in this game or know of an interested party, email me at JdFennell1@aol.com and let me know so I can move forward with it.

Pax Vobiscum,
Jarad
"Even a good man, if he remains in the same place for too long, will accumulate sin."

"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill the Buddha."

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:04 pm

Bad Ass Jarad! Email me about the dates and times when you get them and I'll see if I can come!
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Griffman
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Re: What's happening with the Vampire LARP?

Postby Griffman » Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:39 pm

Jarad Fennell wrote: I would need about 9 players (Optimal would be 6 men and 3 women).

I know that Pj can play a women if need be. I he is professional at that ever since he has been walking the streets down at south beach. He has been going by the name Olga and I think Albert is his number one customer.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

Jarad Fennell

UA Players

Postby Jarad Fennell » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:49 am

I know that Pj can play a women if need be. I he is professional at that ever since he has been walking the streets down at south beach. He has been going by the name Olga and I think Albert is his number one customer.

Uh....well... If it's his preference to play a female character , well then, I can accomodate him. As long as no one uses my family home as their place of business while visiting.
Just kidding, Pj! You guys can play whatever characters you want...If absolutely necessary, I can convert at least one of the female characters to a male. The other two, I'd rather not. One is part of a married couple and necessary for the story, so unless we want to set up a same sex marriage, I'd like to get one woman to play, absolute minimum.

Jarad[/quote]
"Even a good man, if he remains in the same place for too long, will accumulate sin."

"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill the Buddha."

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:55 am

Eh, I'm probably going to regret saying this, but why don't I ask my sister if she wants to play. I know, I know Matt, you're saying to yourself, "Why did he invite the wookie?" Well I'll tell you why: "She can drive us there and back in our new Chevy Calvalier." And we'll have a somewhat female character. More leg hair then she knows what to do with. And she one of those holier than thou people so it'll be good for her to get some sense knocked into her.

And to Matt's comment:

SUCK IT! At least it pays well. J/K
- Philip Slama

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:18 pm

Jarad, with some practise Jennifer would be an ok addition, all of PJ's ragging aside. :)

Return to “Live Action Roleplaying”