Starting a LARP

Forum to discuss Larping

Moderator: neocelsus

dellacroy

Starting a LARP

Postby dellacroy » Wed May 07, 2003 10:40 pm

If people were actually interested, I would be happy to start a LARP.
I ran a very successful one in NJ for 7 years.
All I need are bodies to play.
It takes about 10 to sucessfuly LARP.
If you're interested let me know.
If enough people respond, I do it.

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Sun May 11, 2003 6:29 am

There IS interest, but the perennial problem is WHERE would you host it?

What's your venue? And what would you allow to be in the game?

dellacroy

Answers

Postby dellacroy » Mon May 12, 2003 9:31 pm

Where? Well, that has yet to be determined. Thankfully, I am resourceful enough that I'm sure I could find someplace.
If there's enough interest I'll find the place.

Venue? That would modern day Miami with a more Gothic/Punk feel.

What would be allowed in? Generally a Camarilla game and Vamp. characters only. I've learned the tragedy of allowing non-Vamp. characters into a Vamp. campaign. In addition, I've also learned the error of unduly restricting your players.

If you need more clairification, feel free to ask more pointed questions.

MrFilthyIke

Re: Starting a LARP

Postby MrFilthyIke » Tue May 13, 2003 6:23 am

dellacroy wrote:Where? Well, that has yet to be determined. Thankfully, I am resourceful enough that I'm sure I could find someplace.
If there's enough interest I'll find the place.

Venue? That would modern day Miami with a more Gothic/Punk feel.

What would be allowed in? Generally a Camarilla game and Vamp. characters only. I've learned the tragedy of allowing non-Vamp. characters into a Vamp. campaign. In addition, I've also learned the error of unduly restricting your players.

If you need more clairification, feel free to ask more pointed questions.

Sounds like you got your head on straight.

Vamps don't mix well with others, and most
werewolf/mage/changeling players are twinks. :)

Wraith does mix though, especially with Gio around.

I've always believed keep it to the 6 Cam clans
and Caitiff, with a few, few, FEW independants,
mainly Gangrel.

What's your opinion on independants and sabbat
(ie bad idea...)

Jarad Fennell

larpies

Postby Jarad Fennell » Tue May 13, 2003 2:48 pm

Vamps don't mix well with others, and most
werewolf/mage/changeling players are twinks.

Wraith does mix though, especially with Gio around.

Hey! Not all Werewolf players are twinks!
Though I think it's a huge misteak to mix Vampires and Werewolves together in a LARP. Not because the Werewolves have a stat advantage, but because the social dynamics within each group give Werewolves an edge when there's a conflict between the two factions (i.e. Werewolves hunt in packs. To contrast, a vampire wouldn't even stoop to unstake another vampire, much less risk its existence against a mutual threat). I've tested the theory out. Werewolves pull together when attacked. Vampires almost always end up scattering, practically tripping their buddies to give them more time to escape.

As for Wraiths... Sigh. I love Wraiths, but playing one in a Vampire game tends to be stone boring (I have experience playing one in a Camarilla game up here in VA). The only guys that you're able to interact with on a regular basis are always ordering you around, treating you like their slave... Not much incentive to play one there. Maybe if you managed to get a group of 2 or 3 together, it might be worth it.

For me, a pure Werewolf or Wraith game would be ideal. But people seem to be stuck on the guys with fangs.

Anyway, this is academic for me... I'm not in the South Florida area. I was just lured in by the mention of LARPy stuff (I still have a weak spot for it).
In any case, good luck guys :). Hope it works out.

Griffman
Slave to this message board

Postby Griffman » Tue May 13, 2003 4:07 pm

Jarrad when are you coming back down to the Miami Heat so you can LARP with us or just play some good old fashion table top games? Are you going to come down soon or do I need to wait for Gencon to see your hertical LA character again?
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed May 14, 2003 5:45 pm

Where did Jarad go? Did I miss something?
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Jarad Fennell

GenCon & Stuff

Postby Jarad Fennell » Sat May 17, 2003 12:44 am

Jarrad when are you coming back down to the Miami Heat so you can LARP with us or just play some good old fashion table top games? Are you going to come down soon or do I need to wait for Gencon to see your hertical LA character again?

Sorry for not responding earlier, but I came down with a case of the demon flu a couple of days ago and have been laid up.
I will be down soon- late June, it looks like, though I might stop over in Orlando for a bit. I'll drop you guys an email prior to heading down there, and let you know I'm coming. I'd love to play some LA with you guys again while I'm there (Hell, maybe I can try running something for a change. It's been a while).
And yep, I'll be at GenCon. Glad to hear you guys are going to make it! It'll be nice to have a decent crowd from Miami there, just like the old Dolphin Clan days. By the way, some of the guys want me to try a Living Nishanpur game. Perhaps we can link up for that?
Then maybe I can drag you guys into a LARP or two. I'm always looking to play with new bright, young vict- uh, I mean, gamers :).
"Even a good man, if he remains in the same place for too long, will accumulate sin."

"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill the Buddha."

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Sat May 17, 2003 12:27 pm

:lol: Yeh Jarad it would cool to play a LARP with you and I was hoping to meet up with you for some LA:N. One more thing are you going to play your old LA character and do you still have the character sheet? I think I have a copy of your character on my computer, if you need me to print it out.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Sat May 17, 2003 6:24 pm

I thought Jarad left Miami BEFORE you guys joined LA.... :|

Elven Researcher
Regular
Regular

Postby Elven Researcher » Sat May 17, 2003 11:29 pm

Nvr played a larp before but i've heard it can be pretty fun. sounds cool
Are people truly happy with "them"?

I want to find "the someone just for me."

Chi says she wants a pickle. get no b4 moon blows up on ur desk and no more pickles into cheese

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Sat May 17, 2003 11:33 pm

Naw jarad was played LA with us after our first party got TPK'ed. I guess he is going to play with us now that our 2nd party got TPK'ed also. Jarad is always their to help us get our characters along after a hard time and he is cooled heretical cancerian you can ever meet.
-Matthew Tearle

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sat May 17, 2003 11:33 pm

Whoo living Nishanpur and LARPs all at the same time!
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Jarad Fennell

LA Character & Whatnot (Sorry Vampire people)

Postby Jarad Fennell » Sun May 18, 2003 3:25 am

Yeh Jarad it would cool to play a LARP with you and I was hoping to meet up with you for some LA:N. One more thing are you going to play your old LA character and do you still have the character sheet? I think I have a copy of your character on my computer, if you need me to print it out.

Thanks, Matt! I'm not sure where I put that character, so having a copy would be great... But I'm prepared to make whatever is needed to fill out whatever group I'm in.

Naw jarad was played LA with us after our first party got TPK'ed. I guess he is going to play with us now that our 2nd party got TPK'ed also. Jarad is always their to help us get our characters along after a hard time and he is cooled heretical cancerian you can ever meet.

Heh, thanks for saying so. I enjoyed playing that character.
What?! Your group got TPK'ed a 2nd time? What happened?

I thought Jarad left Miami BEFORE you guys joined LA....

Ike-
I came down to visit last Christmas and sat in on a game with Matt's group. I met them through their DM, Ed, who I played in a Vampire LARP with a few years back at U of M.

Jarad
"Even a good man, if he remains in the same place for too long, will accumulate sin."

"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill the Buddha."

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Sun May 18, 2003 6:54 am

*hiss*

You said vampire and UoM in the same sentance ;)

so, when're you coming back to Miami to visit?

Return to “Live Action Roleplaying”