Sombody bought Star Wars RPG License?

Are you an insane psychotic with dillusions of grandeur? Well this forum is for you.
Rated M for mature. We talk about everything in here. Parents you have been warned! And if they still read it, well it's your responsibility to monitor what your children do on the net.

Moderator: grey

Needles
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Sombody bought Star Wars RPG License?

Postby Needles » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Somebody has bought the Star Wars license; but whoever it is has not announced it yet. This from Mongoose Publishing's Matt Sprange:

In other A Call to Arms news, I can now report that we did not manage to grab the licence we were chasing for the game - Star Wars. We weren't really expecting this one to happen (we made a sideways reference to it in the State of the Mongoose), but we got much further along than we thought we would.

The interesting thing is why our negotiations ended - another company beat us to it. We are not going to reveal who this is (you have heard of them), as that is their fanfare to blow. However, I am sure many will find it intriguing that the licence covers card games, RPGs, and... miniatures. Now, the company concerned is not known for its miniatures lines, which will probably put paid to my dream of 28mm multipart/multipose Stormtroopers.

This is off the enworld news. You would thing that since they spelled license right in the beginning they would spell it right in the end. :D
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Sombody bought Star Wars RPG License?

Postby Peewee » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Ya I have been keeping an eye on this...

Green Ronin had a chance to pick up the licence but they refused it...

IF I would pick a company with the cash to get the licence it would be Fantasy Fight games...
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:55 pm

I hope that West End Games has re-acquired the liscence. I'm tired of buying books.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:48 pm

ScrollMasterRob wrote:I hope that West End Games has re-acquired the liscence. I'm tired of buying books.

LOL hell no.... the system was a nightmare.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:58 pm

The system was great!!! Wait until Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, has to convert our characters to DC 4th Edition and I am rolling 30d6 for the Flash's superspeed.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:43 pm

ScrollMasterRob wrote:The system was great!!! Wait until Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, has to convert our characters to DC 4th Edition and I am rolling 30d6 for the Flash's superspeed.

Naaa the new DC game is d20 based.. and epic..
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:53 pm

Mayfair Games had three editions of DC Heroes. West End Games picked up the shor lived 4th edition.

Return to “Flayed Threads”