LARP questions.

Are you an insane psychotic with dillusions of grandeur? Well this forum is for you.
Rated M for mature. We talk about everything in here. Parents you have been warned! And if they still read it, well it's your responsibility to monitor what your children do on the net.

Moderator: grey

MagnusWolfe

LARP questions.

Postby MagnusWolfe » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Hey folks, I been playing D&D 3.5 for a few years and I can't help but feel a little curious about LARP and how it works. Can someone point me into the right direction? I honestly don't even know what to lookf for or what to expect. Some basic info would be great, things like what I'll need how much money i need to sink into it and things like that. Thanks for any info in advance, oh and to the moderators, i couldn't find a place to put this topic so I shoved it in here hoping it belonged...

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: LARP questions.

Postby Peewee » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:07 pm

MagnusWolfe wrote:Hey folks, I been playing D&D 3.5 for a few years and I can't help but feel a little curious about LARP and how it works. Can someone point me into the right direction? I honestly don't even know what to lookf for or what to expect. Some basic info would be great, things like what I'll need how much money i need to sink into it and things like that. Thanks for any info in advance, oh and to the moderators, i couldn't find a place to put this topic so I shoved it in here hoping it belonged...

I have no idea what LARPs can be found, there was a group at UM a few years back, but I'm unsure as to their status...
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

MagnusWolfe

Postby MagnusWolfe » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:I have no idea what LARPs can be found, there was a group at UM a few years back, but I'm unsure as to their status...

Hm, I see. Well I'm here mostly for table-top play anyway.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:28 pm

MagnusWolfe wrote:Hm, I see. Well I'm here mostly for table-top play anyway.

well don't get me wrong there are some LARPs in miami, I have played a few.. they are fun, but only if you are a ROLE-PLAYER and not a Roll-Player.

They have little to do with stats and strategy....

well they do have something to do with strategy, political strategy.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

MagnusWolfe

Postby MagnusWolfe » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:54 pm

I totally know what you mean, I left a Roll-play game to create my own roleplaying campaign. thats what catches my interest the most

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:14 am

MagnusWolfe wrote:I totally know what you mean, I left a Roll-play game to create my own roleplaying campaign. thats what catches my interest the most

Hu, what system are you running?

Just wondering...
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

MagnusWolfe

Postby MagnusWolfe » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Well, I've only had experience with 3.5 D&D. I'm open to new systems but i haven't had any players/GM's who were willing to teach me.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:11 pm

MagnusWolfe wrote:Well, I've only had experience with 3.5 D&D. I'm open to new systems but i haven't had any players/GM's who were willing to teach me.

Dude where do you live?
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Flayed Threads”