SDS - D&D GameDay...

Stop in and find out where local game days are being held. Please ask the moderator for assistance if you need help.
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Re: SDS - D&D GameDay...

Postby grey » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:02 pm

The board is going to keep the same direction it's had. I had hoped that it would of been used more broadly than by just us here in miami. Maybe we'll moderate things a bit more so it's not so ugly in the future.

The other board I hope we can get it to reach out to the entire player base of LFR players. We'll see how it goes.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:28 pm

I don't wish to see this board be re-done, there is no reason for it. It just seems that sometimes certain people want to promote anarchy and like seeing the results of their argument, if we moderate this board every time someone says something that we find not to our liking then public forums are no longer that. I can handle what anyone says even when I get frustrated by it, but that's the way of the world and we are all different. when I see something posted thats crap I say it is and thats my opinion but when they go out of their way and do it just to spite something then thats a retarded action to me, it just means those people need special care.

I'd love to agree wit hyou on all this but I can't. I t saddens me to admit that if LivingCity were to
collapse and go away as of tomorrow it would not bother as much as it would have maybe 6 months
to a year ago. It was once so much more than what it is today. Too bad I guess.

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, while you are very thick-skinned you are not impervious either. There are times ( and this is
a fact you cannot deny ) that you have either deleted threads or asked Albert to delete them when you
did not like them ( does the name Lynn Register ringa bell ) . So before you start saying how much you
are against censorship or moderating, stop for a moment. Besides, what is the point of putting
a moderator name on a forum section if no one is going to moderate?

Lastly, the problem IMHO is not a store or a person. It is the intolerance and ease by which is has
become comfortable to be vicious to others that has developed on this forum. This attitude is the
reason that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, got browbeaten and called out for simply putting up a game day announcement,
something he has done a few HUNDRED times probably. It's also the reason why gaming announcements
are put up that don't just announce a gaming event put take cheap shots at other people or places.
It's the reason that people can tell each other to "go F8ck themsevles" and that's apparently okay to
do on this forum because the culture of tolerating people degrading and humiliating others is so
abundant here. When that behavior stops then things will get better but I do not see that EVER happening.

This is my opinion and I dont; care whether you agree with me or not. Life is more important than
this game and as Monica said on the phone today " I like my game without the senseless drama."
Go figure. Leave it to someone who has been playing less than most of us to be smarter than many
of the people in our community who exspouse the enjoyment of the game but then turn around and
do things to diminish that enjoyment.
Last edited by thetrickygnome on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:03 pm

:o Hispanics living without drama?

I don't know if such a thing could happen.

Anyways I might have to adopt the ToS from Above Top Secret forums and use them here. And actually enforce them.
Time will tell.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

itit01
Regular
Regular

Postby itit01 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:47 pm

grey wrote:Anyways I might have to adopt the ToS from Above Top Secret forums and use them here. And actually enforce them.
Time will tell.

if you do it would be nice to konw about it, and IMOH if your starting a 4e board you should have a TOS up before you have people posting on it. FYI the only reason I started this whole mess was cuz it looked wrong to me, it's been wrong from the start, if jole screwed you for 2 con's then you should know not to count on him.

my question is did he pay to be at those con's if he did it's just his money lost for not showing up. b/c vendors pay to be at cons so they can sell stuff, if they dont show up its thier fault and thier loss, thats why they pay for the space ahead of time.
I swear johnny I dint shoot him, it was just a figment of your imagination....and about 2000 rounds

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:42 pm

Aurelio, it's a bit more complicated than this but I'm thru posting stuff on here just to see
people nod their head and say "I understand" or "I can kinda see you point" and then days or
weeks later start up with the same bullshit. Suffice to say I think alot of how this has been
handled on both sides has been vindictive, grossly immature, sleazy, and hypocrytical but I'm
not going to get into specifics on the open side of the forum ( PM are another matter entirely
if you want to go that avenue ). My circle of friends has shrunk a bit but it was what I feel
at this time is a necessary measure. You say you feel a wrongness about this whole thing and
I agree with you but at the end of the day we have to live with our choices, for better or worse
and both sides of this affair are not immune to this.

IMHO, nothing will happen. Nothing will change. It will continue to be the "good old boys
priviledged network" running the show and pulling the strings however they want. If you don't
want your strings pulled then simply cut the strings and go your own path and stand by your
convictions. I just finished reading about the dragonborn race in the 4th Edition PHB and now
more than ever I know I was born to play a dragonborn paladin.

Sidenote: The game today at "J"s store was awesome and I had alot of fun running it. To me
4th edition is incredibly dynamic and party coordination is more important in this edition than I
think in any version before it. We have something like 6-7 tables, so many that we had to run 2
sessions of games. Crits, deaths, near deaths, and moments of true heroism were happening all
over the place and I'm so glad I volunteered to DM. Oh, and I know Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is gonna kill me for this
but Mario played a cleric and he kicked ass, proving that the cleric in 4th Edition is very strong
and even though PCs can healing surge, the cleric is still needed to heal ( as long as they can avoid
getting their skulls cracked by a statue with action points. ) ;)

Have fun. That's the point of the game.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso
soon to be: Cynder Stormclaw, dragonborn paladin of Bahamut

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:11 pm

Well Gameday was also fun at Silver Dragon (loving 4E so far) and there was a substantially lesser chance of contracting some horrid skin fungus. So lets see, nice people with less issues, amiable and bathed management, good food over at Blue Sky and no mold or fungus in the air. Oh yeah. The Square rules.

PS: Just realized this, unlike the times in which I have had to debase myself and long ago enter the fungi run gaming establishment of filth, I was able to leave the Square without feeling like I had just soaked in a septic tank and attend social function.Wow! But I can appreciate the need to continue at that place there. With its lack of hygeine or anything even resembling civilization it must be like getting back to ones neolithic roots.
Last edited by The Heretic on Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:18 pm

Well Gameday was also fun at Silver Dragon (loving 4E so far) and there was a substantially lesser chance of contracting some horrid skin fungus. So lets see, nice people with less issues, amiable and bathed management, good food over at Blue Sky and no mold or fungus in the air. Oh yeah. The Square rules.

Gotta love it when one of the forum overlords and data despots opens his mouth and proves me
point. You heard right here folks. Apparently anyone who attended "J"s place for todays gameday is
not a nice person.

Less issues... yeah right. That's like saying that the Pope isn't really that concerned about the
Catholic religion. If your stance in this regard wasn't so pathetically false it would be almost amusing.

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:21 pm

thetrickygnome wrote: one of the forum overlords and data despots

Wow I'm like one of the Dark Powers of Ravenloft now. Summon the mists!
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:24 pm

That reminds me. I need to start converting Ravenloft to 4E asap. Soon as that virtual tabletop is up I gotta see about getting my old group together for a Ravenloft game.

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:43 pm

Wow I'm like one of the Dark Powers of Ravenloft now. Summon the mists!

If only the mists could rid us of you forever I would gladly summon them but I doubt we'll get
that lucky.

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:55 am

thetrickygnome wrote:
If only the mists could rid us of you forever I would gladly summon them but I doubt we'll get
that lucky.

Hey could someone remind me, I might have forgotten, but did I marry Rene at sometime? This is an awful lot of venom for him just defending a mushroom farm.

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:33 am

Hey could someone remind me, I might have forgotten, but did I marry Rene at sometime? This is an awful lot of venom for him just defending a mushroom farm.

I PMed you because I wanted to keep the majority of my sardonic response off the main boards.

I looked at your LivingCity ID - it reads Anarchist and Fomentor of Dissent... what is most pathetic
is that you're proud of this but it at least explains your penchance for being a belligerent windbag.

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes"

I don't get it. How can you really see much of anything other than darkness when you obviously have
had your head up your ass for so long. I guess since it's been so many years since you actually contributed
to the gaming scene in any true significant or relevant way maybe you're bitter because you realized that
people have... oh dear God... a mind of their own? To bad that so many of us refuse to be one of
your mindless drones huh?

Now on to better news....

Dragonborn rock!!!! I think their addition to the 4th Edition D&D is awesome and their description in
the PHB is very cool. Myself and Mario plan on making a dragonborn paladin/justicar & cleric/war priest
brother combo for future games. The way they put the gods in the PHB seemd odd - it was a mix of
new ones, some old ones, and some devil / demon princes that apparently got elevated to godhood.
I guess if you're evil long enough you reap the dark rewards. It was weird also seeing magic items
listed in the PHB - I'm so used to seeing them in the DMG. I got a look at all the books, some online
and some at the store and I have to say that the artwork is AMAZINGLY well done. One of the higher
level paths actually deals with trying to ascend to godhood and I think that is very bold of them to do
this. The eladrin power of once per day teleporting 5 squares may not be broken but for a racial power
that you can get so early it is kinda strong. Elves and gnomes are now considered fey... SAY WHAT?
I always knew that elves were a little fruity but why classify gnomes as fey? Strange, very strange
indeed.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:28 pm

Wow this is one bitter little man!

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:10 pm

You know what I find funny in all this...

Fito has never said anything nice about sun.shine..... in the 15 or so years I have known him he has not said one good thing about the place... not once.

Its not like this is a new trend, or some new mission from god..

its Fito, he has always... always.. hated that store.

Yet when he shows his dislike for the store Rene always seems to go off the deepend...

Rene, ignore Fito when he talks crap about sun.shine

Fito, ignore Rene when he gets personal

You know the 1st amendment is the right to say what you want..

But you also have another right... the one ignore what someone else is saying.

Rene, Let it go man, you are going to die of a heart attack if you let everything get to you like this.

You people here have to start learning how to just ignore sly remarks and smart ass comments, or say something WITHOUT getting personal.

For example, someone said "wow peter, now I know what kind of people watch Fox" I just posted... Umm I watch CNN.. but now I see the kind of people that watch MSNBC.. and that's it... I didn’t get personal, I didn’t say "you are an X that Y to someone’s Z" no I let it go... and went back to the topic at hand.

You know what would have made Rene look good in all this, if after Fito's post.. all Rene said was “sweet, its good to hear people where playing at SDS… did anyone beat the dragon?”

That’s it.. That’s all.. Ignoring the smart ass comment would have placed you above the fray and accepted that Fito has always been an ass about sun.shine Insteed you jumped down into the mud pit, now both of you are full of mud and need new cloths....

My parting note:
Part if being part of a community is being able to ignore the people who are part of that community you don’t agree with..
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:19 pm

That’s it.. That’s all.. Ignoring the smart ass comment would have placed you above the fray and accepted that Fito has always been an ass about sun.shine Insteed you jumped down into the mud pit, now both of you are full of mud and need new cloths....

Yawn.....

Return to “Game Events Anouncements”