SDS - D&D GameDay...

Stop in and find out where local game days are being held. Please ask the moderator for assistance if you need help.
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

SDS - D&D GameDay...

Postby Peewee » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:04 pm

Siver Dragion Square.... D&D World Wide Game Day.. This Saterday

Ya I know the greayhawk/game day is at Sunshine.. I may send someone with my 3 bucks so I can win a book

But I rather play in a claner, bigger, nicer store... thats just me...

Anyone wants to game at SDS you are always welcome... PS, we have enough minis to run 24 tables, so a LOT will be given away.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Re: SDS - D&D GameDay...

Postby Warduke » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:56 pm

Sweet, I'll be there! :) Are the characters pregen, or can we bring our own? Cause I'm ready to go with my own character. :D

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:11 pm

Warduke wrote:Sweet, I'll be there! :) Are the characters pregen, or can we bring our own? Cause I'm ready to go with my own character. :D

Dude they are pregen.. but if you want to make your own thats cool too....

hell we may even have a "make your own character" workshop for the game day adventure
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

itit01
Regular
Regular

Postby itit01 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:05 pm

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:Siver Dragion Square.... D&D World Wide Game Day.. This Saterday

Ya I know the greayhawk/game day is at "that place".. I may send someone with my 3 bucks so I can win a book

do you realy think your going to win after posting this???? joel would have to be on crack to let you in the store
I swear johnny I dint shoot him, it was just a figment of your imagination....and about 2000 rounds

itit01
Regular
Regular

Postby itit01 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:06 pm

I also love that when ever you put " j O E L's" name joel pops up.....you guys are taking it to far
I swear johnny I dint shoot him, it was just a figment of your imagination....and about 2000 rounds

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:12 pm

Oh I'm sorry.
I'm sure that when people screw you over you just take it don't ya?
Maybe we should just go down there let him pump us from behind and take it? And after that we should give him a nice big open tongue kiss and thank him profusely for the pain he just gave us?

You tell me what we should do.

Tell me what do you do when someone screws you over?
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:43 pm

do you realy think your going to win after posting this???? "that person" would have to be on crack to let you in the store

Oh please,

I was thinking about sending someone over in my place to play.. but seeing I already have all three core books, and I don't want ANY of my hard earned cash ending up in J's hands, I'm not even going to give the three bucks, I much rather give that cash to the Local Veterans Chapter that has been taking cash at the publix next to my house...

Remember; you don't pay to play at Silver Dragon at scumshine you will end up with 17 people (3 tables.. 6 each + 1 GM.) paying for 5 people to get books. Rather play at SDS where you play for free in a clean store with real game tables... and get to keep a ton of minis (and maybe a book) at the end.

I also love that when ever you put " j O E L's" name "that person" pops up.....you guys are taking it to far

Not me, I keep telling Albert he should take off the ban on J's name and the stores name.. but its his webpage, not mine.

grey wrote:Tell me what do you do when someone screws you over?

Alberts right on this one... J has f'ed us over twice now... the first time was at the 1st Summoning when he didint have his people show up for the Mage Knight turnament and then he did it to us again with 40k... sorry I dont forgive people who f*ck us over.

Albert and I just have two ways of dealing with scum.shine

His is the webpage
Mine is a free and open market where I will help the best store win, and if for some reasion SDS fails, I will just have to seek some other way... maybe look at opening my own store someday.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:05 pm

but if you want to make your own thats cool too....

I'll probably show up with a Human Wizard. Staff of Defense. Magic Missile, Cloud of Daggers, and Thunderwave as my At-Wills. Icy Terrain as my Encounter. And Flaming Sphere and Sleep as the Daily Spells in my Spellbook. Yes, very good. I'm gonna enjoy playing around with that Flaming Sphere. :|]

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:33 pm

Sweet....

And bring people with you.. the more the better.. remember we have more room and I have no issues runing a 10 man table :|]
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

Postby thetrickygnome » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:16 pm

Thank you Peewee, The Stat Monkey God, and Albert for proving my point, that being that the two of you
guys have completely lost sight of what the purpose of LivingCity was about. It was
not that many posts ago that you came out and said "oh, I think Albert has taken this
whole thing too far and I believe in giving all stores an equal and fair opportunity to
to do business."

And then the two of you come out with this. All we need is for the other "Forum Overlord
Nazi" and "Data Despot" to jump in and start fomenting the ire even further. Liars and
spite mongerers - you do both of these very well. Side ntoe to Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, - regarding our
conversation the other day about this very thing with regards to "the three" - I hate to
tell you I told you so but " I told you so. "

And as far as a clean store at Silver Dragon well in terms of dust and clutter, you are
dead on right. The funny thing about the word clean though - it can mean so many things.

Attitudes like yours are almost as bad or just as bad as what you accuse him of in terms
of this hobby. This vendetta you have, the mudsligning comments, the censorship on this
board which is pathetically two-faced and hypocritical, and the lengths to which you have
carried it so far and intend to continue to carry it are a malignant tumor to this hobby and
one of the primary reasons why local gaming is in a decline.

Oh and one more thing and this applies to Peter and Albert. Not that we really see each other
that much anymore or talk but for the record, consider our friendship terminated. If you're
going to paint me as a villian then I might as well act the part.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:44 pm

No one is mudslinging anything. I haven't uttered one word that is untrue.
I have not nor has anyone said anything that is personaly bad against him. Nor will I ever.

If people want to go and play at his store, then more power to them.

But if you're going to sit there and say that I should support that person after he's screwed us in the backside. Then you are insane. If someone personally bad mouthed you to everyone in the community not once but twice you wouldn't want to have anything to do with that person.
Let me ask you something Rene. How close are you with Bear Gray? You're bussom buddies with him? Hell no your not cuz he's a scumbag.
How many times haven't we been screwed over by bear? Can you in your right mind recomend anyone playing a game with him? realistically can you?
Can you in good conscious tell someone it's ok to play with someone that lies and cheats blatently?
If you can argue me that point. then i'll never say a bad thing again about you know who. I'll be his best friend and will promote him till I die.

And what lie's have we been telling Rene? what are those lies and we'll address them.
You wanna talk about things lets talk about how a certain someone has screwed us over twice and not even apologized.

So if it will make you feel better Rene peter and I will go to Joel's store and just pull down our pants, bend over and say please sir can we have some more.
Oh and lets get Raymon in on this. Because I'm sure he feels the same way about this.

The ban is there yes because I don't want any issues with you know who. It's also to keep everyone else in line so we dont' speak about him.

But man don't come around and say that we are lying.

And the purpose of this board is to promote gaming. Not to promote people who screw you over.

Living City Forums

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:42 pm

Good job Albert. You have earned your Forum Overlord stripes today.

No one is mudslinging anything. I haven't uttered one word that is untrue.
I have not nor has anyone said anything that is personaly bad against him. Nor will I ever.

Are you f&cking kidding me? ARE YOU F&CKING KIDDING ME? You are gonna stand there and
say that no one on this baord has EVER said anything horrible about "J"? Let's set aside the issue
of right and wrong here and think about this. In this very thread the word "Scumshine" was used.
In this very thread ( and again set aside the issue of right and wrong for a moment and simply
analyze what you jsut. It is a BLATANT and RIDICULOUS lie for you to sit there and say that this
has not been done. Between you, Adolpho, and Peter, I could write a f*cking book about the sh*t
you have said. You want me to admit that "J" has issues and things that need resolution? Sure,
no problem. But spare me the bullshit lies coming out of your mouth about "no one ever saying
anything personally bad" becuase enough people have read this baord enough to know that that's
a crock of sh*t.

Let me ask you something Rene. How close are you with Bear Gray? You're bussom buddies with him? Hell no your not cuz he's a scumbag.
How many times haven't we been screwed over by bear? Can you in your right mind recomend anyone playing a game with him? realistically can you?
Can you in good conscious tell someone it's ok to play with someone that lies and cheats blatently?
If you can argue me that point. then i'll never say a bad thing again about you know who. I'll be his best friend and will promote him till I die.

Oh God, you have NO idea how happy I am you mentioned this and I'm sure Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, would have some
fun with this as well. Bear GRAY has CONSISTENTLy attempted to lie, cheat, and defame many people
in this community and he continues to do so. Nothing that has been done, be it suspensions from the
RPGA, having him publically outed as a cheater at major cons ( MEgaCon as an example ) or trying to
give him the benefit of the doubt has worked. He has never made ANY attempt to be a better person
and do so with honest effort. "J" on the other hand, in my opinion, has. That is the difference. I've seen
him give away free books. I've seen him give peopel who have gone to his store for years the offer of
paying half for a book then and the other half later, and many other things that prove that as flawed as
he is, he not the monster you want ot portray him as. The difference between Bear is Bear is a bad
person and has no interest in tryign to be a good person. I cannot thankfully say the same about "J".

So if it will make you feel better Rene peter and I will go to "that person"'s store and just pull down our pants, bend over and say please sir can we have some more.
Oh and lets get Raymon in on this. Because I'm sure he feels the same way about this.

Thank you again Albert bringing this up. What ever you want to do with your anal cavity is up to
you first of all. Secondly, I have to say that Ramon has the integrity in this matter that you, Peter,
and "that other despot" SHOULD HAVE. I agree with you that Ramon has a problem with Joel. But when
was the last time you say Ramon post anything heinous about "J" or his store. Here's the answer - HE
DOESN"T. See, Ramon has many of the same issues as you do with "J" but he simply does not frequent
"J"'s store, contribute money to "J" ( unlike one of you did not long ago even though you hate J like
poison ), or speak about J unless it comes up in a conversation and even then he keeps it to a minimum.
Ramon does not prote "J"s store but neither does he slander "J"s store. He handles this issue wtih a
tremendous sense of balance and as much as me nad him have had our scrapes I give him mad props
for doing it as he has. So yeah, Ramon would probably agree with you on how he feels about "J" or his
store but the difference is that he handles it with sensibility and you, Peter, and "the other forum
overlord" do not. Ramon plays the game and made his choice and at least from what I can tell he
does not promote animosity. He simply plays the game - I say kudos to him for this.

Look at the announcement about the World D&D game at "J"'s place that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, put up. Where do you
see us saying anything negative about Silver Dragon ( and don't give me that line about there not
being anything bad because that may or may not be true and that's not the point I'm making ). Now
look at the anoouncement Peter put up and look at the inflammatory responses ptu up to Aurelios
questions. Peter's announcemnt is "Oh play here and by the way that other store sucks because of
this, this, and this. ). Raplhs announcement is "Come play here, this is what is being given away and
enjoy yourselves" Big difference there huh? And what was that about not promoting animosity? I'd
hate to tell you how wrong that was a statement to make........................... ( but it was).

The ban is there yes because I don't want any issues with you know who. It's also to keep everyone else in line so we dont' speak about him.

Issues with him are started because instead of people who have power and influence in this
community have consistently attacked the right of people to spend their money and attend games
at "J"'s place if they want. It was not long ago that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, put up a simple game announcement and
he got "that other despot" breathing hellfire and brimstone done his f&cking throat. If people
spent less time worrying about where a person FREELY chooses to attend games and spend their
money instead of thoeing verbally abusive tirades at them for excercising the freedoms granted
to them by virtue of working to earn a paycheck and living in this country then you would not need
the ban. However, because there is a pocket of influencial hate-mongerers, egomaniacs, mud-
slingers trying to control people like f&cking puppets and slamming them when they do not follow
"their program" then yes, you will defintely have sh*t like this happen. Don't blame me and other
people out there for getting pissed when someone gives me sh*t about where and how I spend my
money to play. In case you haven't noticed, I go to both "J"s and "Silver Dragon. Oh and one more
thing. I confronted Israel, the owner of Sivler Dragon about this conflict and told him to his face
that "I am all about the gaming hobby and I will come her and go to J's place because this hobby
and having fun is more important that the back and forth hate" The funny thing is, he agreed with
my attitude. Now if he said so jsut to blow smoke up my #ss and does not mean that then that's
not my problem. You want to solve the problem of avoiding this crap Albert. Here it is. Moderate
the forum and insist that arguments and hatred like this be handled in PMs or off the forum, either
by email or phone calls. There is a difference between moderating and censorship. Moderating
would be something like " hey guys, make your game day announcements about the stores but
keep your personal animosity to yourself or handle it off the baord." Censorship is " well let's make
sure that regardless of the masses think, it's what me and my buddies feel is what matters and
I'll make sure what is posted fits in this idea."

And the purpose of this board is to promote gaming. Not to promote people who screw you over.

Then promote gaming for the sake of gaming. Invoke neutrality in what is posted. Make sure that
a game announcement is exactly that, nothign more, nothing less. Discuss the game without being
openly hateful and take a stand when you see someone bashing someone for simply making a choice
which is freely their right. When things start to be doen this way then this board will be much better
off. But hey, it's your board you run it as you wish... for better or worse. When I see something that
I feel is unfair I will as you no doubt will. Beyond that I don't really care what you do with your life.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:03 pm

OK some things that have said have not been appropo. Scumshine isn't the best thing to say. I agree.
Though I try to limit what bad things I say about the place lately. I don't want to put him out of business but neither do I want to support his business. That's why I no longer go there for any reason. Nor will I ever go there. I try to remain neutral on the subject.
And proof of that is that I don't remove Ralphs posts when he goes promoting games at that store. Cuz ultimately I want to support the game as much as I can.

"J" on the other hand, in my opinion, has. That is the difference. I've seen
him give away free books. I've seen him give peopel who have gone to his store for years the offer of
paying half for a book then and the other half later, and many other things that prove that as flawed as
he is, he not the monster you want ot portray him as.

You are of the opinion that he is doing this for altruistic reasons.
I am of the opinion that he is doing that solely for the sake of keeping customers and maintaining his business.
I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this point.

I was not there for that incident between the 2 stores. I heard what happened I don't agree with it. That's not the right way to do things.

I don't like moderating things. because I like things in the open. But it's getting to the point where I agree with you. What's posted on here is going to have to be moderated. And I've been thinking about this for a while now. I also have to move servers. I've been thinking that I want to start over.
I might do that with a new 4e website.

hrmm... not a bad idea.

You've inspired me to do something Rene. Thanks.

Living City Forums

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:43 pm

I don't wish to see this board be re-done, there is no reason for it. It just seems that sometimes certain people want to promote anarchy and like seeing the results of their argument, if we moderate this board every time someone says something that we find not to our liking then public forums are no longer that. I can handle what anyone says even when I get frustrated by it, but that's the way of the world and we are all different. when I see something posted thats crap I say it is and thats my opinion but when they go out of their way and do it just to spite something then thats a retarded action to me, it just means those people need special care.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm sorry about what I said...

I may have said a few things I should not have said, next time I will pick my words a little more carefully

Pb
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Game Events Anouncements”