BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Stop in and find out where local game days are being held. Please ask the moderator for assistance if you need help.
User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby Peewee » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:17 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:Wow Peter. Can you imagine how life would be if we all held on to all our grudges for eternity?


I just fail to work with someone who back stabed me and never even said he was sorry...

he stole cash for our company Rene... pure and simple, and he cost Ramon's kids 400 bucks in stuff...

Lets say one time I went to your house, and without you looking took 4 of your most expensive dragons.... and sold them on e-bay... after you confrunted me I still said "I never took them! besdies you left them out in the open!"

Would you ever invite me into your house again?
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:44 pm

Peter.... DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO!!!
PLAY WHEREVER YOU WANT TO PLAY!!!!
ORGANIZE WHEREVER YOU WANT TO ORGANIZE!!!

If it's on you and you're putting in the work, I wouldn't care if you were trying to run games in the middle of Bagdhad with an American flag sticking prominently out from the Gaming coordinators table ( although I would not suggest something so foolhardy )

Silver Dragon, Outland, Sunshine..... I'll roll into any of these places and play. End of story. If this bothers you or anyone else well too bad. You know, I distinctly remember being treated like crap on more than one ocassion by people in Miami who were supposed to be my friends when I was Triad and many times for no good reason. Maybe it wasn't money but believe me, the price was paid was just as steep. Being trashed behind my back, on a public forum, and directly was not fun. Neither was being so angry sometimes that I sometimes pushed myself away from my family just to not expose them to my anger. Despite this I have for the most part put it behind me and have resolved to move forward as best I can. The stupid politics that go on in local gaming & the fat egos at work are not worth me hurting my family EVER!!!!!!

You've explained your grievances and your reasons and I've made my position very clear. If Fito wants to hate Sunshine and Joel until either of them are dust in the ground then I honestly don't give a sh*t.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby Peewee » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:45 pm

Just for the record..

I NEVER attacked you or talked crap about you where you where Triad.. yes I talked crap about the campaign, but I always said that you got the short end of the stick because you where limited in what you could and could not do...

I know if you where given the freedom to do what you wanted, things would have been a LOT better in the PoU, you did the best you could, and I always backed you up when people blamed you for sh*t you had no comtrol over
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby Ozymandius » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:01 pm

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:I fail to see any LOGICAL reasion why we are at Sunshine anymore..


Peter, DnD isn't logical...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
Griffman
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1553
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:02 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby Griffman » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:20 pm

Wow why hasn't anyone closed this thread yet?
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

User avatar
Needles
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:09 pm
Location: Miami, south west side

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby Needles » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Then again why close it, I hate it when threads get closed. It's a form of censorship I don't need. :D
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

User avatar
itit01
Regular
Regular
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:01 am
Location: lil cuba
Contact:

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby itit01 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:30 pm

Needles wrote:Then again why close it, I hate it when threads get closed. It's a form of censorship I don't need. :D

you are now banned by the FCC
I swear johnny I dint shoot him, it was just a figment of your imagination....and about 2000 rounds

User avatar
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby grey » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:49 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:
By the way wtf are you guys even arguing about? Sunshine? The store sucks. Its sucked for a while. Some people don't wanna go there because it sucks and others like myself, don't really give a sh*t. So you guys continue to argue over petty bullshit and get your blood pressures all out of wack. Feel free, I'm not gonna stop ya(shits entertaining). Wanna change things? Wanna host your own events? Go ahead! Order the modules, set up the games during the week so you have a sufficient number of judges(hopefully you'll get um), get everyone coordinated with copies of the modules and then promote the gameday. All that sounds like fun but it sucks big donkey balls (I've done it.) So if Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, wants the host the game in Satan's asshole then let him. You don't wanna be there? Then don't go. Are there better alternatives? Always, but until you want to make those alternatives realities then chill out, play games or don't play games. The idea behind this hobby is to have fun and tearing into people that on normal circumstances you would consider a friend is not my idea of fun. But hey I'm not you hoebag's.


While I won't agree with you that Sunshine is the hell hole you claim it to be, I have to agree with you
110% Matt about pretty much everything else you said ( Dear God what has the world come to ). It's pretty
much the same point I was making - if a person wants to run games at a certain time and place and is
willing to put in the work then it's that person own damn business and no one elses. If players want to show
up and play then that's their damn business as well. I don't know why it's so difficult for other people to
grasp this concept but then again I'm sure that as long as there are people around that choose to remain
this ignorant, the drivers of the short little yellow buses will be happily employed for a long time.

And Matt, you're not my hoebag but you are a condescending sarcastic asshole.... but I mean that in a good
way. ;)

Signed- Rene' Alfonso


Checks for flying pigs...... You're safe Rene.

My observations on this are. If you want to play somewhere else besides joels. pay someone to run a game elsewhere.
That's all.
I'm sure there's plenty of players that would set up a game for you if you paid them.
Personally I'm with Peter. I will not ever again deal with that person.
It's a free country so do what you guys want. If you want to deal with "that person".

In fact from now on that persons name will be stricken from this message board. And so shall the name of his store.
No one shall ever mention the name of that store or talk about that store or that person from here on forth.
He's getting too much free publicity IMO.

Done.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert
Image

User avatar
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby grey » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:52 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:
Wow Peter. Can you imagine how life would be if we all held on to all our grudges for eternity?
Ponder that the next time you toss a d20.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso


It's ok to forgive Rene. But never forget.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert
Image

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:13 pm

It's ok to forgive Rene. But never forget.


Albert, this is your message board and if you want to enforce this new "we shall not speak his name"
philosophy then go ahead. Given the amount of hypocrisy that goes on this board and the assenine
behavior that sometimes accompanies it I suppose I should not be surprised. I'm the first to admit that
I'd supplied a bit of the fireworks myself over the years but along the way I also figured out that very
little if anything said or done on this board has any lasting effect on the gaming community, be it
positive or negative. It's your gig and do what you want with it. I will repeat what I told Peter....

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT YOU DO BECAUSE ULTIMATELY IT WILL PROBABLY AMOUNT TO NOTHING.
This was never a community board anyway. This was the "a small group of elitists demand that people
jump and the coummnity is forced to ask "How high?" " board. Anyone who believes otherwise is f*cking
kidding themselves.

Oh, and while you're at it you might tell Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, that he is forbidden from ever announcing a game on this
forum that originates from "that store" or "that person".

I've been accused of being a follower before by alot of people but clearly you guys have me beat hands
down. I've sat back, watched and listened to babbling egos go on about their business lead people around
like the Pied Piper does a swarm of rats. With such egos and attitudes running rampant it's no wonder
things have gotten so messed up.

Oh and one last thing to the people who are pulling the strings on all this sh*t. From here on out, do not
count on me for anything con-related locally. I'll attend them but when you are looking for DMs, play test
tables, money for the cons, adminsitrative help, or anything else associated with helping out the local
cons like the Summoning or stuff like that I'll leave that to all you wonderful people who clearly have the
right frame of mind for the job... (( insert sarcasm HERE ))

If anything I have said offends people then I apologize........ for not having said this stuff sooner.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

User avatar
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby grey » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:01 pm

When it comes to gaming in this state. You're right.
Things that we do don't make a difference.
We've been prejudiced pretty much from day one for little to no reason.

I'm sick and tired of the bullshit Rene. Like I'm pretty sure you are.
I left playing because I don't have time for crap in my life. And I know you're right there with me.

This message board is a hangout for locals. That's about it.
There is no real enthusiasm for anything in Miami.
Not for lack of trying on my part.
But lets face it. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

You're right pretty much what I do on here amounts to little or nothing. But it's not from lack of trying or lack of wanting to help out.
It's because we've been sh*t on.

Well I'm tired of being sh*t on.
Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, can do anything he wants. he can advertise any games he wishes. There are maybe a few guys in this town that actually do something for gaming. And Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is one of them. I'm not stoping him from doing anything.
But lets face it Rene what's his name intentionally screwed us over.
And if Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, wants to keep running his games over there he can. I've never said anything about him advertising here. And I won't. Because it promotes gaming.

But don't expect me to support that store in any way shape or form but I won't stop anyone either from going there.
If you want to go over there that's your business. And I'm not going to stop you.

However over here. We are not going to talk about that store ever again. whether it be in a good light or negative one. It's over.
I don't want to hear any more teeth gnashing or nastiness about that person or store ever again.
All it does is bring up bitterness and resent. And I have enough resent over other things to have to listen to this bullshit over a game and someone that will screw you when you have your back turned.

And I'm very much on edge right now wether or not I want to continue with this board as it is right now.
there's a server move coming soon. and i don't know if i want this place to be up or not.

So I don't know. You know I kinda figured that when I first started this message board. i thought we'd have a good thing going with tons of poeple from all over the place meeting and greeting. I had high hopes. but you know what. the reality is that people don't want that. what people want to do is bitch moan and complain about everything. they want to just be like the ant hill that some kid just stuck a stick in.
That's the way it has turned out for this board. It is what it is. And it's not going to change any time soon.
Unless we get really strict around here. And I'm not for being severely strict.
But I at least want to be civil. So in order to be civil lets just not mention you know who. We'll go our way and he can go his way. And you know what. I wish him all the luck in the world.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert
Image

User avatar
itit01
Regular
Regular
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:01 am
Location: lil cuba
Contact:

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby itit01 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:54 pm

hey guys, i know Im mostly ignored here but I have to say I love this board for the veiws of the people on it and the ablilty to get home games organized that is not living related, i left the living games for 1 real reason and one bs reason. but that is my dissison. also another thing this board does is help ppl twiek thier PC's for all games, be it home, living, or LARP.

as for people trying to promote the game, I kow for a time I did, but got shafted cuz some1 else would pull the players I had sheduled for lets say thursday and run the same mod, with halv the players I had showing up on a tuesday. also i got tired of were the games were eing held. playing a game on a timed shedual at a con is ok. but at a gameday is a pain.

aslo guys this iis starting to become a flame war and thats not cool, peole are going to get very heated and quit one thing or another if this keeps up.

please step AWAY from this topic and let you heads cool guys....


aurelio
I swear johnny I dint shoot him, it was just a figment of your imagination....and about 2000 rounds


Return to “Game Events Anouncements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest